Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Removal Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Buckeye
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/08/05
Loc: OH
Re: Relocation Restriction???? [Re: Bulldog99]
      #480482 - 12/02/08 06:32 AM

Well, if and when she starts denying visitation, you call the police. They won't do anything but you will have official documentation of the denial. Do this each and every time.

Then, after about 2 months you file contempt against her. The judge is going to slap her hand the first time, second time, give you judgement for attorney fees. Third time, same thing and we heard that the fourth time, she was going to lose the kids - even without her abandoning them. One of the reason we think she decided to abandon them figuring she was going to lose them anyway and had a new boyfriend to support her since if she lost custody, she was going to lose child support.

Anyway, good luck to you and let us know what happens.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bulldog99

Reged: 11/20/08
Re: Relocation Restriction???? [Re: Buckeye]
      #480505 - 12/02/08 08:06 AM

Im playing the waiting game right now. Anyone with advise or opionions let me have it. Thanks!!!

Yes_Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 08/23/08
Re: Relocation Restriction???? [Re: Buckeye]
      #480691 - 12/02/08 01:09 PM

Quote:

My SIL got COC but fought for it for about 3-4 years. It was "handed" to him when BM abandoned the kids and took off with new boyfriend.

They were scheduled for another court date a week later for COC. What the courts would have done is anybody's guess but a 4th contempt for denial of visitation would not have been good in the judges eyes.

Luckily, it's a criminal offense in Illinois

NEFather

Reged: 06/13/08
Re: Relocation Restriction???? [Re: Yes_Dad]
      #480786 - 12/02/08 04:23 PM

Beware: This is a known femin azi.

Therefore, whatever she states should be regarded with caution and suspect due to her repeated lies, misinformation and truly thinks that if you are not rich, you are not intelligent or capable as a human being.

Several Trillion Dollars and growing!

Debi
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/03/05
      #481062 - 12/03/08 11:40 AM

"She is a good mom when she is there to care for the kids."

Maybe there is a chance then that she won't pursue relocation? In all honesty there was a time I wanted to relocate too. I have no family in my area, we were barely making ends meet and I felt a great need for a support network that I didn't have. I honestly believed all of those things would make the kids life better. What changed my mind is realizing what it would be like for them to be away from one of us for extended periods. I knew I didn't want to be that parent and in the end I couldn't ask their father to be either. Hopefully your x will come to the same realization before it gets much further.

I see now how much my youngest daughter misses by not having her daddy close by. That is a simple matter of us not living close to each other. No one moved and we do the best we can but I can see how much she misses by not getting to be "daddy's little girl" on a daily basis. She's not hurting or wanting for anything and probably doesn't miss what she's never had (she's only 14 months) but I'm sad for her. Her dad doesn't get to see the way her face lights up when he calls or we call him and I put the phone by her ear. She knows his voice. She "talks" to him and calls him "da-dee" and offers phone kisses but it's just not the same.

--------------------
When we were together, you said you'd die for me. Now, I think it's time you kept your promise.

Bulldog99

Reged: 11/20/08
Re: Relocation Restriction???? [Re: Debi]
      #481086 - 12/03/08 12:12 PM

Debi, I sure hope you are right. I hope she does not go to TX. no matter what happens in court but her answer to my COC says she will be moving at the conclution of the final hearing. I do not want my kids to be raised without both mom and dad being readly avaiable. I just wish she could have decided not to do the move before we both are knee deep in lawyer bills. She is one of those people that once they decide to do something there is nothing going to change there minds. If the shoe were on the other foot she may look at it in a defferant way but untill then its her way or no way. I have always bent over backward for her when it came to something for the kids but I will not bend this time and she can not stand it. I know in my heart that I am doing the right thing and I can only hope she will one day see that I am only trying to keep the kids family as intacted(close)as possible. Thanks!!!!

Debi
Carpal \'Tunnel

#481162 - 12/03/08 01:45 PM

I don't disagree that you're doing what's best. If she is intent on leaving after the final hearing no matter how things go then I doubt she will have a change of heart. That's too bad.

--------------------
When we were together, you said you'd die for me. Now, I think it's time you kept your promise.

Gestalt

Reged: 10/10/08
Loc: Wisconsin
      #484559 - 12/12/08 09:08 AM

Debi.....I loooove your siggy line!

--------------------
The most decisive actions of our life ... are most often unconsidered actions.

Debi
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Relocation Restriction???? [Re: Gestalt]
      #484899 - 12/13/08 06:14 PM

Thanks. LOL. It's probably time to change it but it's still funny after 3 years!

--------------------

MeanGirlsRCrass

Reged: 02/25/08
      #485712 - 12/16/08 11:02 PM

Beware:

This is a known liar and disrupter of posts.

This is a known bully.

This is a known femin azi.

This is a known troll poster.

Therefore, whatever she states should be regarded with caution and suspect due to her repeated lies, misinformation and posts in multiple names/genders along with just being an "icky" type subhuman.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6591

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: