Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

State Specific Community Forums >> California Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Bestestbuddy
recently joined

Reged: 01/05/09
SS expectation input or guidance requested
      #491548 - 01/05/09 04:01 PM

I make $210K + bonus (no bonus this year), she makes $60K teaching for 9/12 months.
We have split property in half. I gave her $450K cash for the house, she exercised $970K of my stock options..used most of the money to buy a house in SF for $1.3M.
I came into the marriage with a BS degree and an MS degree. She came into the marriage with a high school education (and 3 kids). I put her through 14 years of schooling. She now has a BA, a masters and a doctorate.
She still has another $100K of stock and stock options that she can access. I've been paying her about $62K in temporary support for 2 years while waiting to get the divorce done (I was the petitioner). I figured it would help her transition. We were married for 21 years. I have a mandatory settlement conference this month and a trial scheduled for next month. I've split everything down the middle and the only thing I am fighting is excessive SS (I consider $62K/year excessive). She is on the tenure track at a University here.
I think there needs to be consideration for the years I contributed to her education (and watched the kids and stayed the sole provider of the family), she should be working 12 months a year, not 9, and there needs to be some consideration of her separate assets here. I am 59, she is 56. She's been working for 4 years.
I would like to retire someday, but this situation has definitely changed my finances.

Any guidance or input? Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1316

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: