Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Domestic Violence/Abuse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
nolonger
enthusiast

Reged: 09/15/08
Kids say he tried to pick my front door lock
      #493165 - 01/10/09 06:54 PM

I gave X permish to go to my home and get the kids things that I left for them on my porch on exchange day.

I normally try to not be home during this time soas to avoid contact with him thus avoiding further emotional abuse.

My power was out (I could not set my burglar alarm) and I locked all doors and ran some errands when I knew he'd be there getting the stuff.

While I was at the post office, I must not have had cell service b/c when I got out, there were 2 missed calls. One from X (and hang up) and one from D12 asking for permish to go in my garage.

I called her back stating that she could not go in the garage b/c the power was out. She was looking for a lost item that I had spent the afternoon looking for (I think my dogs had something to do with it's disappearance) and I told her to buy a new one.

When I got the kids the next day, they told me that when D`12 could not get in my garage, dad got real mad and took out his knife and tried to pick the lock on my front door. The boys said they pleaded with him not to break into my house, that they knew that was just wrong. X did not succeed in breaking in so they left.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Maury
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: This Asylum --->
Re: Kids say he tried to pick my front door lock [Re: nolonger]
      #493374 - 01/11/09 11:06 PM

Have your attorney send a strongly worded letter or do so yourself. He was trying to recover an item for your daughter. He acted inappropriately, but it is not abuse.

jennifer8055
recently joined

Reged: 01/12/09
      #493398 - 01/12/09 02:55 AM

Hi,

If you're looking for a comparison on home security systems you should check out http://usalarmcompanies.info . They give you a free complete comparison on the various home alarm system providers in the US and you can choose one based on the size of your home, your requirements, budget etc.

BeckaLeigh
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/08/05
Loc: Texas
      #493654 - 01/12/09 09:02 PM

I would be pissed, to say the least. I don't know what you could do about it at this point.

--------------------
I tried being normal once. Worst five minutes of my life.

nolonger
enthusiast

Re: Kids say he tried to pick my front door lock [Re: BeckaLeigh]
      #493726 - 01/13/09 09:39 AM

Here's what lawyer said to do: file an incident report with the police.

Truth is, I'm not so pissed that he tried to pry open the lock, but I'm pissed that he did so in front of my kids, against their pleas. Nice job teaching by examply, eh?

I have a security system and use it regularly. However, that particular day, the power was out (thus, no actictivating the alarm) and that's why my D could not get into the garage. P got mad b/c he didn't believe that the power was out and ignored the fact that the lost item never was in my garage nor home EVER so why would he need to break in to get it?

He said at mediation he wants free reign to go into each other's homes at will. I didn't even have to debate that one. All the lawyers looked at his track record and said, "NO way, dude!" and the issue was dropped.

Maury, you seriously crack me up when you debate whether or not specific tid-bits that I choose to report here are abuse. Please remember that I post those items on the abuse forum because collectively they paint a picture of a man who continually harasses, breaks court orders and laws, makes threats to my life, calls me vile names with profanity in front of my kids while mentally trying to break me down (unsuccessfully, I might add). If all of these incidents collectively don't add up to abuse in your mind, I will respecfully disagree with your posistion.

BeckaLeigh
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/08/05
Loc: Texas
      #493962 - 01/13/09 07:06 PM

Free reign to go into the other person's home??? That's crazy.

As for it being abuse, what does it really matter? We post all kinds of crap on the stepfamily board that is totally off topic. This is at least related to an abusive man whose powerstruggle is continuing at the expense of their children.

--------------------
I tried being normal once. Worst five minutes of my life.

Yes_Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 08/23/08
Re: Kids say he tried to pick my front door lock [Re: BeckaLeigh]
      #494379 - 01/15/09 05:48 AM

And if D didn't get what she needed, Dad would have been a bad guy too..I see those rainbows and cotton candy again..

I am quite sure your kids were hysterical at the thought of their Dad trying to get his daughter into the house because it was "bad"

BAD DAD
DAD IS BAD
BAD BAD BAD

MAD DAD
DAD IS MAD
MAD MAD MAD

Your daughter has to freakin call you to ask to go into your garage? They were obviously trying to get a hold of you. Why was your phone off when the kids were not in your custody/possession? Why did you refuse the calls? Why should she have to buy something new when they already have one? Because Dad would be the one who had to buy it, thats why. Next time, try leaving your phone on when your kids are out of your control. "a man who continually harasses, breaks court orders and laws, makes threats to my life, calls me vile names with profanity in front of my kids", yet, you have them go with him and are out of contact and unreachable when they try to call you.

The boys "pleaded with him because they knew it was wrong"

What an Oscar winning performance...

nolonger
enthusiast

Re: Kids say he tried to pick my front door lock [Re: Yes_Dad]
      #494469 - 01/15/09 10:37 AM

YD, please contact your first grade teacher and tell her you need to repeat that grade. You apparently didn't learn how to read.

THE POWER WAS OUT SO SHE COULD NOT OPEN THE GARAGE WITH THE CODE
NO CELL PHONE SERVICE IN THE POST OFFICE
HE CALLS me NAMES AND THREATENS my LIFE - NOT THE KIDS

You of all people should know that the courts do NOT take kids away from their dad based on he verbally abusing the woman. A man has to "BEAT THE KIDS BLOODY" to lose custody. My hands are tied and I play by the rules. I'm not going to kidnap my kids from their dad.

The item got lost 15 minutes before exchange time. The item was a hockey stick. I think my dogs buried it in the snow but I could not find it. I was out running errands. One of which was to go to the hockey rink to look for her stick. I was going to buy her one on the spot, but didn't know her size stick. It is not an expensive item to either of us and it is not a time problem because the pro shop is in the friggin hockey rink. I was trying to correct my "bad".

You stupidly assumed that my phone was off or I refused their calls when I was CLEAR about having no cell service in the post office and I was CLEAR that I called her right back.

Why the hell am I constantly explaining MY actions when clearly the bigger violator was the one who tried to break into my home!? What is the matter with you?

Nevermind. I already know.

finz
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/17/08
      #495430 - 01/18/09 05:16 PM

How did you override the RO that says that your ex can not even drive by your house ?

nolonger
enthusiast

Re: Kids say he tried to pick my front door lock [Re: finz]
      #495763 - 01/19/09 05:38 PM

The RO is included in a legal document of how we are to proceed during this divorce. It includes that no party is to go to the other's home without stated permission each time. I had earlier texted him that he had permish to go to my front porch and gather the items set out for them. This is the usual way we exchange all the kids' belongings. Hopefully, some day, I will feel less violated by his presence and exchange the items either personally or inside the homes but for that to happen, he has to stop telling me, "You're a psycho biotch! I'm gonna mother F-ing KILL you!" when we attempt to do it that way. So far, every single time there has been an exchange in person he either threatens me, calls me names in front of the kids or throws -literall throws - the items at my feet in front of the kids.

I think it's damaging to the kids to see him behave - unprovoked - in this way. The less they see or hear the better for them, which is exactly why I left this man. Take me out of the picture and the kids don't have the emotions that come with seeing their mom threatened.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5690

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: