Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Property and Debt

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
stuckinarut
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 10/12/07
Loc: Island of Man
I'm thinking about
      #495003 - 01/16/09 05:44 PM

foreclosing on my house, then she dont get paid and the lawyers dont get paid either.....I told my older son to start thinking about dormering at college because he wont have a house to live in, he told her and I think she is getting the hint...nothing she can do about it...

I think I'll quit my job after the judge gives out his sentence in two weeks...I have a feeling what it will be...too bad...I wont have to pay it...Can she stop me from forclosing on the house?

--------------------
"The King of fraud and corruption"

Edited by stuckinarut (01/16/09 05:48 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Buckeye
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/08/05
Loc: OH
Re: I'm thinking about [Re: stuckinarut]
      #495060 - 01/17/09 07:38 AM

You quit your job and guess what, your bimbo will leave too - you know - the bimbo that you left your ex for that was your soul mate.

She will NOT want some guy that decides to bail on everything.

So, since you KNOW everything your attorney said is true and you will get everything you want, why do you think the judge is going to come down with bad news???

You are right, you won't have to pay it but you will most likely be going to jail. Just don't bend over.

guerino1
addict

Reged: 01/14/08
Re: I'm thinking about [Re: Buckeye]
      #495078 - 01/17/09 09:28 AM

Hi Stuck,

Some things to consider...

1) She probably won't be able to stop foreclosure by herself, however, expect her attorney to bring you to court, immediately. A judge will see right through what your doing and probably give you thirty days to catch up on payments. If you don't the Order will state that you go to jail.
2) As you go through the foreclosure process, you will probably destroy your own credit, as well as hers. However, since she's been a SAHP for all these years, it really won't matter as much to her as it will to you. After all, when this is all done, you will want to move on without her and will find that you damaged your own ability to do so.
3) If, on some odd chance you get far enough into the foreclosure process before the courts intervene (not probable) the bank will seize the property and sell or auction it off at a realistic market value to them.
4) Unless there's a short sale involved, there will be positive equity and the difference in equity will still be given back to the attorneys to be held in escrow until everything. Attorneys will still get paid and you will have destroyed your own credit and probably set yourself up for some jail time.

Also, if you quit your job and have no legal proof that you "lost" your job, you will most likely end up in jail for violating the SS Order.

Keep in mind that judges see this sort of stuff all the time.

Most importantly, why would you do this to the child that is staying with his mother?

BTW, to give you some insight... I, too, thought about the enacting the foreclosure issue at the beginning of the divorce process, in order to force my stbx out of the house she extorted by lying about DV. I thought through the whole process and even went to the bank and had some long discussions about the details of the process, how they would handle things, and to what extent I could maintain my credit and possibly even take back the house during the foreclosure process. Unlike you, I was legally unemployed at the time and there really was no money for the judge to force out of me. This was all after the judge had awarded her half the mortgage, taxes, and insurance that I had to pay her as my Pendente Lite. I was truly disgusted that a judge, who is supposed to represent the justice system and assert justice, helped reward a dirty woman and her dirty attorney for lying about DV. After breaking it down and taking the time to breath, I realized that I would only make the whole thing uglier than it already was and that, in the end, I would do more damage to myself than her. Now that I look back, I'm very happy I didn't go through with it. It would have been easy to do but the return on such an investment didn't work out. Instead, I get to watch her and her attorney piss away their equitable distribution because the Real Estate market keeps disintegrating.

My Best,

Frank

Edited by guerino1 (01/17/09 09:48 AM)

icwal
enthusiast

Reged: 11/19/07
      #495226 - 01/17/09 06:11 PM

If your sentenance is coming down in 2 weeks I would think it is a little too late to think about forclosing on the house because I would think the judge will decide in 2 weeks what the status of your house is. My STBX staged a phone call (in my hearing range), like he always does, stating that his lawyer told him not to pay the mortgage. I had a meeting with my attorney the week after and told him about the conversation. He got on the phone immediately with his laywer (while I was in the room) and questioned his lawyer about it. After a long pause from his lawyer he said that he would not discuss it with me in the room. Needless to say the mortgage is being paid every month by him. Don't even think about going there Stuck like the other posters said it isn't going to work. God you would think that after all this time has gone by you would be ready to move on. Why is it that the people that FU in the beginning are the ones that continue making their STBX's lives miserable. Just because you don't want to move on doesn't mean your STBX doesn't. Your just pissed because you can't have your cake and eat it too any more(a mistress and a wife that takes care of everything).

stuckinarut
Pooh-Bah

Re: I'm thinking about [Re: icwal]
      #495877 - 01/20/09 09:49 AM

my lawyer wants his money, he keeps calling the real estate agent to get the house lowered another 10 thousand but they won't, they have to get permission from stbx because she lives in the house and she won't agree!

--------------------

guerino1
addict

#496041 - 01/20/09 02:51 PM

Hi Stuck,

I would imagine your attorney understands exactly how the process works. Why would he bother calling the agent?

My own attorney explained how the whole ugly thing works and made it clear that he realizes he won't see his money until we get the house transaction completed, which could take a long time if we can't get the Pendente Lite lifted, as part of the final dissolution decision, ultimately forcing her into a position to 'want' to sell.

If your final divorce decision is only two weeks from the start of this thread then your attorney should have painted a clear picture for you that your wife will hold on to the house for a year or two before it sells, and the sale will happen only after you have filed a number of motions and spent a significant amount in legal fees to force her to accept offers that come in.

My Best,

Frank

Edited by guerino1 (01/20/09 02:53 PM)

stuckinarut
Pooh-Bah

Re: I'm thinking about [Re: guerino1]
      #496046 - 01/20/09 03:00 PM

Then she'll be out of a car for the next year or two, I can play the same games as she!

We haven't gotten any offers on the house yet...my attorney feels that if we keep going down 10 thousand dollars maybe someone will bite the offer but she refuses because she feels she will get nothing from the house!

The realtor won't talk to me at all because I dont live in the house, they only talk to her!

--------------------

guerino1
addict

#496135 - 01/20/09 07:32 PM

[quote]Then she'll be out of a car for the next year or two, I can play the same games as she!

We haven't gotten any offers on the house yet...my attorney feels that if we keep going down 10 thousand dollars maybe someone will bite the offer but she refuses because she feels she will get nothing from the house!

The realtor won't talk to me at all because I dont live in the house, they only talk to her! [/quote]

Hi Stuck,

You probably won't get any offers for a while. With the market being depressed like this, people are hesitating for too many reasons.

I read that the RE market is expected to correct itself downward at least two times, in the northeast, in 2009. We'll see, I guess.

If I were you, I'd get in good with the realtor and constantly work with them to facilitate getting any and all offers you can.

Is there a "reasonable" price that would make you want to buy and keep the home for yourself or are you just trying to dump it, at this point?

My Best,

Frank

stuckinarut
Pooh-Bah

Re: I'm thinking about [Re: guerino1]
      #496292 - 01/21/09 06:47 AM

I just want to sell it cheap, the house is a dump anyway!

--------------------

Maury
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: This Asylum --->
      #496502 - 01/21/09 03:59 PM

Most houses are a reflection of their owner

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5091

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: