Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Domestic Violence/Abuse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
ccmom

Reged: 02/18/09
my DD could be in danger soon
      #504817 - 02/18/09 05:28 PM

Hi, I am new to this board. Divorced in 2003, I have primary & we have shared legal. A little historyóIn 2005, my exís cousin(10 yo at the time) sexually molested my DD8(5 at the time) in another state. When she told me this , I called DCF & they investigated here & in the other state. The investigation came back & said counseling for DD.
Judge ordered temporary restriction for my exís visitation in that the cousin canít be around my DD in 2006. We went to court in 2007 because ex had a DUI in 2004 too so I was asking for sole legal & for my DD to continue counseling since my ex wouldnít allow DD to go to counseling with the counselor I choose. The judge ordered that my DD could continue counseling but I did not take her because I didnít want the ex involved as that would have been harmful to DD.
Now, ex just motioned to have the restriction lifted so his cousin can be around DD. Cousin along with the rest of his family lives in another state!!?? I donít understand why he would be doing this. I am afraid for my DD. I have an attorney. But any thoughts or advise would be great.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
finz
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/17/08
Re: my DD could be in danger soon [Re: ccmom]
      #504897 - 02/19/09 12:01 AM

Hi CC.....I know that you are new, but just so you know, forum etiquette is to only post a subject in one thread. I understand that this topic does involve both custody and sexual abuse......just FYI

Although some parts of the history sound strange, I would think a judge would err on the side of caution to keep the restriction in place.

almostheaven
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: West Virginia
Relax... [Re: ccmom]
      #507729 - 02/26/09 06:33 AM

There can be no valid reason for lifting such a restriction. We're talking a distant relative, not immediate family, who lives in a different state, in another household. No reason a judge would lift it.

--------------------
Char Fox

Maury
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: This Asylum --->
Re: Relax... [Re: almostheaven]
      #508361 - 02/27/09 12:06 PM

Chances of removing that restraining provision are not good particularly if your daughter still expresses concern and fear. the burden falls on bthe party fling the Motion to demonstrate that the request is in her best interests. That would seem to abe a very difficult standard to meet under the circumstances.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2606

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: