Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Military Divorce

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Redlegg
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/05/06
Re: Legal question about base sponsorship [Re: elliesmom]
      #520828 - 04/06/09 04:54 PM

Just sounds wrong if they are not on leave

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Dolfinity
enthusiast

Reged: 08/19/08
      #522038 - 04/12/09 01:49 AM

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the input. Yes, we are having the same issue with the Tricare coverage as with the base sponsorhip. DS is on Tricare now, including EFMP/ECHO. However, without "proof" that DS lives with ex 6 months a year, DS cannot enroll in onbase daycare, and cannot enroll in Tricare Prime, which means space available healthcare, unless there is an emergency (even with EFMP/ECHO).

So... I either sign this false statement, notarizing it as true; or hope that in the 7 weeks DS is overseas, he has no healthcare issues.

There is an American daycare off base. So there is a workaround for the daycare issue. And ex/wife already have housing, with a room for DS. They opted for off-base housing.

I just think that bending the rules will come back to bite us later. I'd rather not write the statement.

Still trying to gather as many facts about the situation as possible.

Thanks again,
Dolfinity

--------------------
~ Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ~

Redlegg
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Legal question about base sponsorship [Re: Dolfinity]
      #522040 - 04/12/09 05:34 AM

Is the only issue Tri-care???????? This whole thing does not sound right..... Getting a child Command sponsored in order to use certain facilities overseas sounds right, but not like this......

elliesmom
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/07/05
Re: Legal question about base sponsorship [Re: Redlegg]
      #522237 - 04/13/09 01:30 PM

Like I said - perhaps consider the purpose and meaning of the statement. Since he is in the military - I assume you regularly receive CS that you can count on for your child. That is - its not spotty, you never know when a check will show up type of payment but every single month the same amount on time.

To me - that means he helps provide part of your home too in addition to the residence he maintains. So in a way - he does reside in his (partial) home for more than 6+ months of the year.

While it is possible that it could come back to haunt HIM if the military learns of the details of the situation and disagrees with his interpretation I cannot see this ever being a problem for you. My husbands ex managed to fraudulently obtain a new ID and be put back into DEERS and use Tricare for herself after their divorce. They didn't do a darn thing to her. The moron who "fixed" DEERS for her was court martialed, but for her nothing happened. Didn't even have to pay back any of the money for her medical care.

--------------------
Forgiveness is...letting go of the hope that the past can be changed.

Redlegg
Carpal \'Tunnel

#522292 - 04/13/09 06:34 PM

No there is something else there, this is not a case of 6 months. He is not telling her everything.

Redlegg
Carpal \'Tunnel

#522401 - 04/14/09 10:45 AM

http://www.435thservices.com/New%20435th%20site/Images/435%20Folder/435thHome/ChildCare.htm

Contact them directly and ask about the whole thing.

Miranda
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: North of Mexico
      #522491 - 04/14/09 04:10 PM

[quote]No there is something else there, this is not a case of 6 months. He is not telling her everything. [/quote]

Or she is not understanding everything.

--------------------
13.1...because I am only half crazy!

elliesmom
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/07/05
Re: Legal question about base sponsorship [Re: Miranda]
      #522523 - 04/14/09 05:36 PM

If he's not remarried it may be a housing issue as well. He cannot get family housing without a dependant who lives with him. He can't very well visit his child in the bachelor barracks. Same thing if it is an MWR program - no dice if you aren't in the household. Not sure about the EFMP. It may very well also be exclusive for the "household."

--------------------
Forgiveness is...letting go of the hope that the past can be changed.

Redlegg
Carpal \'Tunnel

#522528 - 04/14/09 06:14 PM

An ID card holder who does not live with the member can use all MWR programs except those that need an adult ID card holder as well, like a guest house, or maybe a boat rental, etc. (overseas is different) and for the commissary the child has to live in the household of the sponsor, if the member does not have custody, then the child is not supposed to use the commissary. With command sponsorship it is more than just having a dependent with you, the dependent has to be command sponsored. There is such a thing as individual command sponsorship and temporary command sponsorship. Generally if you accept Command sponsorship midway through a tour, then you extend to complete the length of command sponsorship. There are always exceptions. He has his wife with him, so he has a dependent living with him, in housing on the economy, so the command sponsorship would have to be particular to the child. EFMP is different, it depends on what the issue is, if the facilities there are not equipped to help with the particular issue, then they would not assign him command sponsorship in that particular area, and yes there are exceptions. The AFI even discusses command sponsorship for vacationiing or visitng dependents. The only time, I have seen the six months come into play is for the Army to allow housing. If the member has custody 181 or more days, they are authorized housing, if they have 180 or less, they are not. This is an overseas Air Force (I believe) thing so it is probably all different, or she could be misunderstanding. The link above has phone numbers where a concerned mother could find out alot more. Before I signed anything like that, I would have to know alot more, and of course it would have to depend on my ex, and the whole situation. There is something missing here.

Redlegg
Carpal \'Tunnel

#522530 - 04/14/09 06:17 PM

The EFMP is for family members with special needs, medical etc. EFMP is exclusive to the issue at hand, it is a very specific program driven by the needs of the dependent. It is not something everyone uses, or is authorized to no matter where they are. It may require specific medical treatment, counseling, or other things.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6991

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: