Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Removal Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
emelbee3
recently joined

Reged: 08/22/07
Moving
      #585322 - 10/06/09 08:14 AM

My ex and I have been divorced 3 years and have 3 kids, ages 12, 10 and 8. After the divorce I remained in the same town because ex wanted to continue being a part of their lives, school, etc. It never happened. He has EOW visitation and any time during the week he wants and only does the EOW and not routinely. He spends most of his time 2 hours away at his girlfriend's house.

I am recently engaged and plan on moving in with my fiance within the next few months. He lives 70 miles from the town where my ex and I both live. Our divorce agreement states the following about relocation:
"Neither party may remove the children's principal residence from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without prior written consent of the other and permission of the Essex Probate and Family Court."

I am not moving out of state. What type of notification do I have to give mjy ex before we move? I have sole physical custody and we share legal custody.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DeeCan
veteran

Reged: 04/05/08
Re: Moving [Re: emelbee3]
      #585335 - 10/06/09 08:39 AM

As long its within the state and there is no mile limitations, you can move. However, there is nothing like an ex remarrying and moving to spark a parents interest in spending time with their children when they've never done so before.

Should that happen, chances are you will end up being responsible for transportation and the cost associated with such.

--------------------
Don't drink and park, accidents cause people.

AloneInTheDark

Reged: 08/04/09
Re: Moving [Re: DeeCan]
      #598633 - 11/12/09 10:09 AM

What parent, dad or mom, wants themselves to be replace by the other parent as their kids dad or mom?

And women especially seem to want a replacement man in their own and thier kids life to do what the previous one did before they divorced them and made it not possible any more.

After all, even EOW and phone calls is just being a visitor normally.

Visitation, the thing that criminals get while they are in jail, dead people get before they are buried, and sick people unable to take care of themselves get while in the hospital.

Which catagory do judges and moms think dads normally belong in, even if they are not the one who did anything wrong like abuse or cheat on their wife or filed for divorce due to mid life crisis and wanting to be free to to do "stuff" with the opposite sex?

--------------------
AloneInTheDark but life goes even without being a Dad any more.

Sherron
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/25/06
Re: Moving [Re: AloneInTheDark]
      #599369 - 11/13/09 08:40 PM

"And women especially seem to want a replacement man in their own and thier kids life to do what the previous one did before they divorced them and made it not possible any more. "
That's a pretty general statement, no? My marriage was ex's and my first... he is on wife #3, I haven't been on a date yet. Please don't throw us all in one category.

"Which catagory do judges and moms think dads normally belong in"
Can't speak for judges, but I consider them the other parent, unless or until they show me otherwise. I also don't refer to it as visitation... it's parenting time.

d0b0vgall2020
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 05/06/09
      #599629 - 11/14/09 06:43 PM

"And women especially seem to want a replacement man in their own and thier kids life to do what the previous one did before they divorced them and made it not possible any more."

I beg to differ. My ex found a new "sweet" wife that does what she's told and suddenly decided i should be wiped out of the picture altogether. I get that you have had your own experience that leads you to believe this statement, but you should take a look at a few of the posts around here that are in direct contradiction to it.

--------------------
8<

c_jane
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 04/06/07
Loc: In the Great State of Texas
Re: Moving [Re: d0b0vgall2020]
      #599804 - 11/15/09 07:47 PM

I think in most cases it's the CP that wants a 'replacement' parent. Out with the old, in with the new type thing.

I know it didn't take Exhole long to move a woman in with him so he didn't have to take care of DS. It was right after his two adult daughters moved OUT that had been living there & taking care of DS.....

Quote:

"And women especially seem to want a replacement man in their own and thier kids life to do what the previous one did before they divorced them and made it not possible any more."

--------------------
John Constantine: God's a kid with an ant farm.... He's not planning anything.

Sherron
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/25/06
Re: Moving [Re: c_jane]
      #599817 - 11/15/09 08:50 PM

"I think in most cases it's the CP that wants a 'replacement' parent. "
Well, that's only because the NCP doesn't have custody, no need for a replacement PARENT. What should we call it for NCPs? Replacement Spouse?

greeneyes
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/08/08
      #599964 - 11/16/09 07:51 AM

Quote:

And women especially seem to want a replacement man in their own and thier kids life to do what the previous one did before they divorced them and made it not possible any more.

***Last year, my ex "met" a woman online, moved 1000 miles away from his own child for HER and HER 3 kids, claiming he did so to give dd a "family." This woman is now married to someone else.

I don't think women are the only ones who don't think clearly before rushing into the next relationship. Some, regardless of gender, allow their hormones or feeling lonely or finances to guide their decisions.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3432

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: