Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Support

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
ILMimi
addict

Reged: 01/03/08
Re: Incarceration = NO CS order, not fair to our kid [Re: hessie30]
      #599567 - 11/14/09 01:00 PM

I was married to my ex for 19 years. He is also an alcoholic/drug addict and living in a "group home" in another state. He is incapable of keeping a job and is on welfare and food stamps.

He used to have a great job at $45K. Then his problems became worse and he was repeatedly fired from his jobs. His last job he made $22K.

He owes me $6000+ in unpaid medical and extracurricular for the kids as well as $5000+ in back CS.

I've written it all off. The guy can barely buy himself groceries. I can support myself and the kids without his support. I could clearly take him back to court but where will that get me?

Let him take care of himself and I'll take care of us.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sherron
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/25/06
Re: Incarceration = NO CS order, not fair to our kid [Re: BeachBabeRN]
      #599572 - 11/14/09 01:06 PM

"I'm interested though -- how did he get the support to you?"
I have to admit, I was surprised to read he paid support... drug and alcohol addiction, homeless, jobless? But pays cs??

Redlegg
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/05/06
Re: Incarceration = NO CS order, not fair to our kid [Re: Sherron]
      #599579 - 11/14/09 01:40 PM

Obama cash

Miranda
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: North of Mexico
Re: Incarceration = NO CS order, not fair to our kid [Re: ILMimi]
      #599583 - 11/14/09 01:48 PM

[quote]I've written it all off. The guy can barely buy himself groceries. I can support myself and the kids without his support. I could clearly take him back to court but where will that get me?

Let him take care of himself and I'll take care of us. [/quote]

I agree. My ex is loser who lives off of women. He owes me enough CS that would send my son to college but he refuses to pay it. I will no longer waste time and energy thinking about it.

My motto is "you do you, and I will do everything else."

--------------------
13.1...because I am only half crazy!

hessie30
recently joined

Reged: 11/14/09
Re: Incarceration = NO CS order, not fair to our kid [Re: Miranda]
      #599686 - 11/14/09 10:38 PM

He worked odd jobs towards the end or worked at a job long enough 2-4 weeks to get some cash. He was also shoplifting and stealing out of stores and either selling it on the streets or giving it to the dealer. I would go meet him at either a gas station or wherever he was parked cause he was out of gas. I would run to go get the money before he had a chance to make it to the liquor store or the dealer. The man I see today is a mere shell of a person I used to know. he used to have a CDL license and now he doesn't have that anymore. I don't know how many times I told him to take care of that cause that was his livelihood (OTR). He didn't listen. So if he does ever get released he has no home, no car, no license, no job, absolutely nothing. His belongings are in his van which was towed when he was arrested for beating up his 20 yr. old crackwhore girlfriend. Man my life could be a soap opera - HAHA!!! Thanks you guys for the opinions of everyone. I've grown alot through this experience of being married to him and have learned alot of important lessons I will put to good use in my future :)
As far as the censored word, I'm sure you know what assuming does, and that's exactly what you did. I'm not some 20 yr. old with a 2 yr. old and don't care for people to make assumptions about me when it is so far from the truth it's crazy. I do appreciate your other input though. Since I stand up for myself now I just call it like I see it. Nobody has to like it or accept it but that's my truth and only mine.

Sherron
Carpal \'Tunnel

#599697 - 11/15/09 12:26 AM

"Since I stand up for myself now I just call it like I see it."
How about learning to stand up for yourself without name calling like a 3rd grader? Nothing wrong with standing up for yourself, but people tend to not take you all that serious when you go on the offensive like THAT.

BeachBabeRN
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 01/16/06
Loc: VA for 21 years, NC forever!
      #599701 - 11/15/09 07:49 AM

I'm not trying to belabor any point, but if you go back and read your original post, try and see eit from my perspective, if you would.

I made an assumption that was incorrect, I grant you. What information was in your post that would have led me down a different path? There are no ages, no length of the marriage, no age of the child, no real information at all.

Having been on this board for a few years, and having read as many posts as I have, I know the others that responded to you would agree wtih me that this type of story usually comes from young girls that made a bad mistake.

I agree with what Sherron said -- and not because she defended me -- when you come out of the box like that, with name calling, it's rather difficult to then take you very seriously.

Even with you being in your 30's, I'm still quite a bit older than you and wouldn't dream of addressing someone the way you did. I too **call it like I see it** and did -- but I didn't have to be unpleasant like you were.

hessie30
recently joined

Reged: 11/14/09
Re: Incarceration = NO CS order, not fair to our kid [Re: BeachBabeRN]
      #599718 - 11/15/09 11:28 AM

I guess I've been on the defensive so long being married to him, that is stil something I need to work on. Sorry for any and all feelings I have hurt here. Being on the defensive has been a constant in my life for a long time and I do need to try to see it from other's views. Thank you for bringing that to my attention and now I will go away and work on myself some more :)

Redlegg
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/05/06
      #599719 - 11/15/09 11:31 AM

Why would you go away ?

Sherron
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Incarceration = NO CS order, not fair to our kid [Re: Redlegg]
      #599726 - 11/15/09 11:57 AM

"Why would you go away ? "
No kidding. Stick around. We're a fairly easy going bunch most of the time. And I don't think anyone expects you to agree with every opinion you hear, but just be civil when you disagree.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4611

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: