Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Support

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)
Redlegg
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/05/06
Re: Weeellll...honestly... [Re: gr8Dad]
      #602582 - 11/22/09 04:40 PM

What about health insurance? Who pays for that ?

The bottom line is if you want the CS adjusted go to court. The situation exists, if it is not fair, start doing what it takes to get it fixed. No one wants your child to suffer, or your ex to get over. You have a part in this. Hopefully with the gift your parents are giving you, you are able to get a start on this new life. But you are in control of you.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
cherokee

Reged: 11/19/09
Re: So, what DO you DO? [Re: gr8Dad]
      #602583 - 11/22/09 04:40 PM

well smart guy you give me $800.00 per month to have someone watch my son ,and i'll go to work tomorrow. i assume your a guy. if you think it's easy to raise a child alone, it isn't any man would rather go to work then stay home and take care of a child. when their work ends their day is over, not so for a mother..think a little before you talk

cherokee

Reged: 11/19/09
Re: Weeellll...honestly... [Re: gr8Dad]
      #602584 - 11/22/09 04:47 PM

grtdad, what i give my son has nothing to do with the child support my ex has to give his son. even if i went to work right now that does not change a thing. i believe a man that does not step up to the plate to take care of his son is not a man in any sense of the word, and never will be. he did more for his mother then he did for me and my son

youngatheart
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 09/03/05
Re: So, what DO you DO? [Re: cherokee]
      #602596 - 11/22/09 06:06 PM

[quote]well smart guy you give me $800.00 per month to have someone watch my son ,and i'll go to work tomorrow. i assume your a guy. if you think it's easy to raise a child alone, it isn't any man would rather go to work then stay home and take care of a child. when their work ends their day is over, not so for a mother..think a little before you talk [/quote]

Oh God...someone kill me now because I'm about to defend Gr8dad.

Let me put this into perspective for you, Cherokee, gr8dad is raising ALL of his kids ON HIS OWN and he's TAKING CARE OF HIS PARENTS. So, maybe you need to sit the fVck down and shut up and think before YOU speak.

That said, YES, your ex should be paying more in child support based upon what he's making. So, file with Child Support Enforcement to review the Child Support.

However, YOU should be working as well. It sucks to have to juggle as a single working parent. It sucks to have to find childcare. It sucks to be tired. It's a part of the job. Go to your local welfare office and apply for childcare assistance. Then start applying for jobs. Or get a job in the evenings while your parents work. Or get a job at a daycare where you'll get reduced daycare for your child. There are ALL KINDS of options. Single PARENTS do it every day.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
I am CUSTODIAL... [Re: cherokee]
      #602602 - 11/22/09 06:25 PM

...father of THREE children that has SOLE custody and is ordered $200 a month TOTAL in child support, which I RARELY recieve. I work a full time job, and I attend school full time in the evenings, just recently earning my Associates degree. I also care for my elderly disabled parents.

So you can take your BOO HOO crap and stick it sideways up your ASS. There are reduced rate and FREE daycare for single parents, you were TOLD that. But that would require you to get up off your lazy ASS and DO something.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: So, what DO you DO? [Re: youngatheart]
      #602603 - 11/22/09 06:26 PM

Thank you, I know that must have hurt, LOL.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

youngatheart
Carpal \'Tunnel

#602606 - 11/22/09 06:31 PM

[quote]Thank you, I know that must have hurt, LOL. [/quote]

It's quite painful, actually...I might have to call in sick tomorrow because of it.

Wait...did I get all my commas right that time?

Tweeby
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/05/04
      #602608 - 11/22/09 06:35 PM

I wonder if CS was lowered so that Dad could afford to pay for tickets to get the child to him since he is military?

I also wonder if her ex is enlisted or Officer. If he gets $40,000 a year is that with the extras or without. I would gather he is a lower enlisted and with the extras he gets $40,000 a year. If you take a lower enlisted, an E-3 with 2 years basic pay and take 17% it is about $300 a month which is about what she is getting.

[censored]://militarypay.defense.gov/pay/bp/paytables/2009%20capped.pdf

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#602611 - 11/22/09 06:48 PM

Actually, not really, the ellipsis should REALLY be a comma...

--------------------

youngatheart
Carpal \'Tunnel

#602614 - 11/22/09 06:52 PM

Bite me!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 30262

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: