Divorce Source Community Forums >> Domestic Violence/Abuse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
alrietto
journeyman

Reged: 01/05/10
Letís stop and think... VAWA
      #654487 - 04/22/10 01:31 PM

Hi Roy,
Letís stop and think for a minute about what is happening with VAWA: The false accusations and the immigration fraud:

A law was made to help women who are being abused by their husbands Ė specifically immigrant women who are married to legal US residents (Citizens and permanent residents) who stay in abusive relationships because they expect to become legal residents.

Unfortunately everything VAWA provides to these women does not require any proof. Police reports can be made by anyone and the police simply write what they are being told. Ex-Parte petitions for Temporary Protective Orders are granted without requiring proof. Friends and relatives of the immigrant women sign affidavits because they are the friends and relative of the immigrant women and they have nothing to lose by doing so.

In addition, when an immigrant woman contacts a VAWA shelter, the shelter operates under the assumption that women stay to long in abusive relationships and that women do not realize they are being abused. The VAWA shelter will thus work with the woman to identify every possible form of abuse she has allegedly been subjected to. One can only imagine what happens when an immigrant woman lies about being abused in order to get immigration and other benefits provided based on having been in a VAWA shelter.

Due to the above immigrant women deliberately plan to marry US Citizens and permanent residents in order to accuse them of domestic violence, get to a VAWA shelter receive a number of benefits: Certification, employment, assisted housing, education grants, relocation to another state, medical and psychological help andÖ immigration based on self petition.

The US Citizen or permanent resident suffers in the following ways:

1. The male spouse is deceived by the female immigrant to spend his money, time and resources. He is made to believe that her intentions are honest where in fact she is fully versed in VAWA and her intentions are to make the false accusations soon after the marriage and receive benefits: Free housing, Certification, Employment, Medical and Psychological services, moving assistance, education grants andÖ immigration. The innocent male spouse is deceived to spend his money, time and resources on a dishonest immigrant women. This is a horrible form of abuse encouraged by VAWA. I for instance lost three years of my life against my will and another year so far recovering from PTSD inflicted by the entire incident.

2. The male spouse suffers from the false accusations. VAWA accepts an Ex-Parte petition for a protective order or a no-contact order as evidence. The female immigrant is required to file the petition and thus commit perjury in court. These false accusations can potentially destroy the male citizen, prevent him from getting employment and make him sick as they did in my case.

The above are the two major issues I see in VAWA. I am prepared to fight in order to bring the necessary changes to prevent these from occurring.

The questions I have are:

1. What changes are necessary to prevent immigrant women from fraudulently deceive male citizens to marry them where in reality they plan to falsely accuse the male citizen and gain immigration though a VAWA shelter and the self petition?

2. What changes are necessary to prevent the false accusations once the immigrant women contacts the VAWA shelter?

If the above questions can be answered, we could put together a plan for change and propose it to Congress.

Respectfully, -

Ref: Martha Laura Granados bellia66 Martha granados DOB 11/14/1966

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
finz
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/17/08
Re: Letís stop and think... VAWA [Re: alrietto]
      #655085 - 04/23/10 10:34 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

alrietto
journeyman

Re: Letís stop and think... VAWA [Re: finz]
      #666119 - 06/07/10 11:02 AM

Men can file a VAWA self petition too?

WOW!!!

I am beginning to believe that the biggest problem with VAWA is that VAWA makes immigrant women and men PROSTITUTE themselves to US citizens and legal residents and do and say anything so that the citizen would marry them so that they would gain the "RIGHT" to FALSELY ACCUSE their spouse and file the VAWA self petition.

How messed up is that?

alrietto
journeyman

Re: Letís stop and think... VAWA [Re: alrietto]
      #670154 - 06/22/10 11:06 AM

Hereís the bottom line:

It comes down to two different parts of the problem:

1. Immigrant woman wants a Green Card. Immigrant woman decides to seduce a legal resident, to pretend to be the perfect wife, to convince him to marry her, to falsely accuse him of domestic violence, to get to a VAWA shelter and to file a VAWA self-petition.
2. The immigrant woman makes false accusations of domestic violence against her innocent husband.

Thinking about how to prevent both 1. and 2. brings me to the following:

There is an easy solution for 2. A possible solution would be to agree that no woman accepted by VAWA shelter makes accusations against her husband. The purpose of the VAWA shelter is not to accuse the husband. The purpose of the VAWA shelter is to provide protection to the wife. There is no reason for the accusations. I think this is quite a logical solution and it is very easy to implement.

Number one requires more creativity. Immigrant women are informed about the incredibly high rate of success of the plan described in 1. It is common knowledge that every immigrant woman who is accepted by a VAWA shelter is automatically granted a Green Card.

This incites immigrant women to plan on manipulating the system by doing the false accusations trick. In order to do that of course, they first need to manipulate a legal resident man and convince him to marry them.

Thereíre a couple of ideas that come to mind:

1. The first one would be to inform every man the United States of the possibility that his foreign girlfriend may be marrying him in order to manipulate the system by making false accusations of domestic violence against him.

2. The second idea would be that a system for compensating the male victims and penalizing the false accusers be implemented.

Letís look of this post as a brainstorming session. Please come up with any ideas you may have and post them as a reply.

Thanks so much for your help.

-----

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2387

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: