Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

State Specific Community Forums >> Oklahoma Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
recently joined

Reged: 04/04/10
Posts: 1
A Couple Questions
      #648496 - 04/04/10 04:18 AM

If your spouse does not nor have they ever lived in the state of Oklahoma, can you still file?

I noticed that the forms I found online leave blanks only in county and address/city not however in the state, I also noticed that only a State of OK notary can notarize. Is this just the form I found?

Also, if you have literally NO property/assets/children etc together whatsoever, do you still have to file a Marital Settlement agreement? If so do you just write
"Plaintiff and Defendant have no joint property"
We have a rather unique situation and do not have money for attorneys but do not qualify for legal assistance of any kind.

Its no fault but the other party is a bit difficult...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
recently joined

Reged: 06/09/10
Posts: 3
Re: A Couple Questions [Re: Switch]
      #666807 - 06/09/10 03:42 PM

Okay #1 No, if you live in differant states and you file 1st then the other person will have to come to your state for court

#2 If you both live in another state the documents that you sign and have a notary stamp does not have to be the same state, I have sent documents to one client that was on vacation and she had them stamped and sent back to me.

#3 Marital settlement, yes you still have to do this and the reason if during your marriage you did aquire property..... they will want to know if you baught artwork, tv; dvd players, ANYTHING tht was purchased while you where married. That is the property that will be divided or the fair market value of that item.

** At office max or office depot there is this document that you can buy where you guys just fill in the spaces and both sign, you can take that to the court and have it filed there and pay the filing fees to do so.**


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
recently joined

Reged: 10/25/15
Posts: 7
Re: A Couple Questions [Re: Scarletts]
      #812163 - 10/27/15 04:48 PM

I am an experienced divorce attorney with 10 years of experience in family law. I offer a 30 min consultation. I also offer the lowest rates in the state. Please feel free to call (918) 520-1255 or email me your questions at: [email protected]

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Topic views: 2483

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home


Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: