Divorce Source Community Forums >> Military Divorce

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
SemperFi2MyGuy
recently joined

Reged: 07/31/10
On a Boat
      #679712 - 07/31/10 10:13 PM

My husband recently deployed on a ship.
He called me today and told me that he thinks our marriage isn't working because we never sleep in the same room (I was pregnant before he left and he kicks in his sleep).
He said that he's going to call me a lot so we can "figure things out".
I'm hoping and assuming that this is craziness just coming from being stuck on that boat.
So long story short, can he file for separation while he's there?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
elliesmom
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/07/05
Re: On a Boat [Re: SemperFi2MyGuy]
      #679717 - 08/01/10 08:46 AM

Probably not. But nothing is stopping him from doing it when he returns.

I don't see the big deal with separate beds unless you also weren't having sex, which clearly you were as you are pregnant.

But hopefully you can get some counseling and maybe reach a consensus on this issue and others. Because its sounds like you decided "this is what I am going to do - like it or not." And he is was in the "not" column. And he had no say. It is is easy to do in a marriage (especially as a military spouse because you do have to make alot of decisions on your own so it does become a habit) because lets face it unless the other person is willniing to up and leave over it you will get your way. But it is neither fair to the other person nor healthy.

--------------------
Forgiveness is...letting go of the hope that the past can be changed.

english7
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/27/09
Re: On a Boat [Re: elliesmom]
      #679736 - 08/01/10 12:09 PM

I don't understand how the poster is trying to get her own way with no say from her husband. Do you mean the sleeping arrangements or HIS call to tell her he didn't think the marriage was working?

SemperFi2MyGuy
recently joined

Reged: 07/31/10
Re: On a Boat [Re: elliesmom]
      #679834 - 08/01/10 11:39 PM

[quote]Probably not. But nothing is stopping him from doing it when he returns.

I don't see the big deal with separate beds unless you also weren't having sex, which clearly you were as you are pregnant.

But hopefully you can get some counseling and maybe reach a consensus on this issue and others. Because its sounds like you decided "this is what I am going to do - like it or not." And he is was in the "not" column. And he had no say. It is is easy to do in a marriage (especially as a military spouse because you do have to make alot of decisions on your own so it does become a habit) because lets face it unless the other person is willniing to up and leave over it you will get your way. But it is neither fair to the other person nor healthy. [/quote]

Thank you for your response.
I'm not too worried about who's right or wrong at this time, we can work that out together.
I just want to make sure he can't do anything while we're separated by a deployment.
This is his first deployment and I don't think that he's handling it well so I don't want him to make any crazy decisions until he gets back.
Just trying to hold things together right now since we have 2 little ones

Edited by SemperFi2MyGuy (08/01/10 11:40 PM)

Miranda
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: North of Mexico
Re: On a Boat [Re: SemperFi2MyGuy]
      #679846 - 08/02/10 08:09 AM

The stress before deployments is HIGH. My husband leaves again in about three weeks and we are ready to strangle each other. It is not a fun time at all.

--------------------
13.1...because I am only half crazy!

elliesmom
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/07/05
Re: On a Boat [Re: english7]
      #679854 - 08/02/10 09:33 AM

If I remove myself from the marital bed - against my husband's wishes - I have just gotten my way against his wishes.

MAYBE that was the only practical solution - but it doesn't sound like they communicated and agreed on that it was just done. Not sure if you would know - but that happens alot in a military marriage, because as the spouse who spend months making decisions without input from the other party you get into that habit. But that doesn't mean that the receiving spouse is in the same "habit" and can appreciate that this is one of a thousand decisions you made without discussing it with them.

And yes, prior to leaving for deployment I swear.to.g-d. that man is trying to make sure I don't miss him; by leaving day I am ready to drop kick him out the door all the way to the stupid boat.

--------------------
Forgiveness is...letting go of the hope that the past can be changed.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3300

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: