Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Support

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
berryfine1
recently joined

Reged: 12/15/10
Not getting any help from my domestics office
      #714454 - 12/15/10 08:26 AM

Hello, I am new here and found this forum because I was trying to find information on what I can do regarding my situation.

This is my situation. I have a 7 yr old daughter and live in Pa. Her bio-dad lives in TN. He has not been a part of her life since she was 6 mos. old. My dh has been the only father she has known and loved since then. When dd was born bio-dad was making 250,000 a year. I filed for support when she was 9 mos old, at that point he became self-employed, therefore not garnishment was available. The case is here in Pa. and I transferred the enforcement portion to TN because he was not paying, still isn't paying and is in arrears by $10,000 :shocked: Neither Pa or TN will help me to get this money paid let alone consistent or ANY support at all. He still has his drivers license, his house has not had a lien put on it, he hasn't been forced to sell a garage full of Harleys, NOTHING!! I cannot get either state to do ANYTHING! I can't get a tax intercept because he owes the IRS. What are my rights? Is there anything I can do on my own? Can I complain to anyone about the domestic relations office to get some action taken on this loser? I really need help, my dh lost his job, we are facing foreclosure and if I could get some of this $10000 it sure would help. Thank you in advance for any advice you can give.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Avaya
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 02/09/06
Loc: Arkansas
Re: Not getting any help from my domestics office [Re: berryfine1]
      #714470 - 12/15/10 10:07 AM

[quote] I have a 7 yr old daughter and live in Pa. Her bio-dad lives in TN. He has not been a part of her life since she was 6 mos. old. [/quote]

Advice you get will be dependent upon two things - 1) Who moved - you to PA from TN or him to TN from PA? and 2) why hasn't he been in her life since she was 6 months old? What changed to cause him to no longer be in her life?

--------------------
Eternity is too long to be wrong.

MrsB
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/03/10
Re: Not getting any help from my domestics office [Re: Avaya]
      #714484 - 12/15/10 11:11 AM

Why would your advice be dependent on who moved? That doesn't make a difference in financially supporting your child.

Avaya
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Not getting any help from my domestics office [Re: MrsB]
      #714487 - 12/15/10 11:17 AM

Perhaps if she moved the child away from the father, inserting new husband as dad and preventing the father from access, it might determine whether DS users WANT to give her advice. :/

Additionally, if IRS is levying his assets, there is pretty much nothing either state can do to get blood from a turnip.

--------------------

Avaya
Carpal \'Tunnel

#714488 - 12/15/10 11:18 AM

[quote]my dh lost his job, [/quote]

Are you working?

--------------------

M5M5
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/29/05
      #714579 - 12/15/10 03:09 PM

I really don't have any advice for you except to file contempt (if you haven't already). Trust me, it's like pulling teeth to get CSS in TN to do anything for you. My ex owes me over 10K also, hasnt' paid a dime in going on a year (not that he has ever paid steadily), etc. But, he did have his license revoked once for non-payment. I'd call CSS every day to ask about the status of your case. Other than that, there is really nothing you can do. Just because one is ordered to pay CS, doesn't mean they will.

youngatheart
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 09/03/05
      #714599 - 12/15/10 03:49 PM

Wait, he only owes 10,000, but has never paid? So, with a $250,000 income, he was only ordered to pay $138 or lower a month???

Miranda
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: North of Mexico
      #714630 - 12/15/10 04:34 PM

Child support enforcement has to take action. That is the reason it is an agency in the first place.

--------------------
13.1...because I am only half crazy!

berryfine1
recently joined

Reged: 12/15/10
Re: Not getting any help from my domestics office [Re: Avaya]
      #714661 - 12/15/10 05:49 PM

[quote][quote] I have a 7 yr old daughter and live in Pa. Her bio-dad lives in TN. He has not been a part of her life since she was 6 mos. old. [/quote]

Advice you get will be dependent upon two things - 1) Who moved - you to PA from TN or him to TN from PA? and 2) why hasn't he been in her life since she was 6 months old? What changed to cause him to no longer be in her life? [/quote]

He moved from Pa to Tn. I met him at my job, he is an electrical engineer and was a temporary contractor at the power plant I work at. He lied to me the entire time I knew him, it was a two year job and we lived together the last year. He told me he wasn't married, but he was. When the job was over dd, his only child, was 6 months old. When he went back to TN his wife divorced him. I refused to go to TN and be with him because of all the lies and things he did to me after the dd was born. I have tried in the past to get him to visit her for dd's sake, but his current girl friend will not let him come to Pa. I do not want to have anything to do with him, but she should know who bio-dad is even though she is well adjusted and happy with dh.

I think your tone suggests that perhaps I did something that precipitated the current events, but I assure you, it has not. He was a loser from the beginning and still is. I am in the same place I always was and did not take a child and leave the state to avoid her being involved with the father.

He quit doing power plant work when I filed for support therefore he wasn't making $250,000 at that time. the order was set at $649.00 per month based on what he "claimed" he was making being self-employed. He loves to text me and call me and tell me how he is able to manipulate the paper work and his taxes to show his income being lower than it actually is. I have told the local domestic office this and even offered to show them the texts, they don't care. He pays MAYBE $700 per year if I'm lucky and he only does this when they send him a contempt letter from Pa. but he knows that he doesn't have to come here to appear. How do I file a contempt on my own?

M5M5
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/29/05
      #714755 - 12/16/10 12:46 AM

Filing on your own will not make him pay support like he is supposed to. You may have better luck in getting some sort of punishment for him with an attorney, but it's not a sure thing. As long as my ex pays SOMETHING right before court, they will let him go without any punishments...then a month or so later he stops paying again. It's a never ending viscous cycle and my ex works it like a pro.

You just have to learn not to ever expect CS. It sucks, but it's life.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3542

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: