Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Spousal Support/Alimony

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
ks_granny
recently joined

Reged: 01/16/11
HOW MUCH SPOUSAL SUPPORT?
      #724764 - 01/16/11 11:26 PM

HI, I'M NEW HERE BUT WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO FOR ME. I AM IN A 2ND MARRIAGE OF 5 1/2 YRS AND I AM READY TO GIVE UP. I DON'T WANT TO TAKE MORE THAN WHAT I AM ENTITLED BUT HE HAS BEEN ABUSIVE AND NOTHING HAS EVER BEEN COMBINED AS A MARRIAGE SHOULD BE. I LEFT A 30 YR. MARRIAGE BEFORE THIS WITH NOTHING. IT WAS VERY HARD. I TOOK A 12000 A YEAR PAY CUT TO BE HOME MORE WITH THIS MARRIAGE AND NOT COMMUTE SO FAR. WE HAVE CLAIMED MY DAUGHTER ON TAXES EVERY YEAR, THAT OF WHICH I DIDN'T RECEIVE ANY OF THE REFUND $. WE LIVE ON A FARM WHICH HE WAS BUYING WHEN I MET HIM. BUT I PUT THE EXPENSE OF REDECORATING INTO IT. ALL THE FURNITURE, ETC. WAS MINE. WE JUST SIGNED ON A 3 YR. OIL LEASE OF $30000 PAYABLE UP FRONT, WHICH I HAD TO SIGN ON, AND AM WONDERING IF I AM ELIGIBLE FOR SPOUSAL SUPPORT? I FEEL THAT I HAVE PUT SO MUCH TO TRY TO MAKE THIS WORK, AND HE HAS BEEN MARRIED 4 TIMES AND NEVER HAD TO PAY A DIME. JUST DOESN'T SEEM FAIR. ANY SUGGESTIONS WHAT WOULD BE FAIR?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ILMimi
addict

Reged: 01/03/08
Re: HOW MUCH SPOUSAL SUPPORT? [Re: ks_granny]
      #724779 - 01/17/11 09:08 AM

First, please don't use all caps to explain your situation-it seems as though you are yelling.

How long were you married? Which state? Your income and his income?

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
Re: HOW MUCH SPOUSAL SUPPORT? [Re: ks_granny]
      #724788 - 01/17/11 09:37 AM

As for the length of the marriage, not even close to approaching alimony length, so that is out. As for your sweat equity in the home, you are entitled to the increase in equity during the time you were married.

As for the oil lease, while your name is on it, it will depend on who put the $30K up to purchase it, as well as who WORKED it. Lets be honest, if it was HIS money, and HE worked the lease, you are probably not going to get a piece of it.

As for alimony, as I said before, no, you do not deserve, nor should you GET any alimony. You voluntarily quit your job for no good reason, and you can simply go back to it.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

Maury
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: This Asylum --->
Re: HOW MUCH SPOUSAL SUPPORT? [Re: gr8Dad]
      #724789 - 01/17/11 09:39 AM

I would agree that there is little in the post to suggest that spousal support is likely. That does not mean it is not possible, however. It appears that it is unsupported.

If you married and clained your child on taxes and refunds went into the family ocffers, you will be deemed to have received that benefit, It is a non-issue.

You would certainly have an interest one half the equity in the home and likely woul dhave an interest in the income stream for the oil reserve. That is not spousal maintenance.

(Gr8dad - I think what she meant is that a company signed a lease with them seeking oil rights on their land).

yregna
veteran

Reged: 07/25/06
Loc: Oregon
Re: HOW MUCH SPOUSAL SUPPORT? [Re: Maury]
      #724877 - 01/17/11 01:35 PM

Thank you for posting ANOTHER in a long and seemingly UNENDING series of examples of females unwilling to simply work for a living. You are showing everyone reasons why this man should continue to pay YOU after you move in with some OTHER man.

And your shining example of userness ? " I didn't get anything off my first few marriages, so now I've got to start making this marriage gig pay !!! "

It would be sad, if it weren't so common. You are a female, we can't expect integrity, honesty, hard work, or really any positive character traits...Yay for U !

--------------------
"Anything free is worth what you pay for it..."
"Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get"

Maury
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: This Asylum --->
Re: HOW MUCH SPOUSAL SUPPORT? [Re: yregna]
      #724881 - 01/17/11 01:37 PM

Don't you ever tire of being so bitter and ignorant?

Karen1
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Ohio
Re: HOW MUCH SPOUSAL SUPPORT? [Re: Maury]
      #724895 - 01/17/11 01:53 PM

Maury, I think that the only thing that keeps angery spelled backwards alive is.... his bitterness and ignorance.

--------------------
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened".

javajunkiee
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/08
Loc: SC
Re: HOW MUCH SPOUSAL SUPPORT? [Re: yregna]
      #724901 - 01/17/11 01:57 PM

Hey crabass, she didn't say anything about her "first few marriages". She said she walked away from a 30 YR marriage with nothing. Her husband is the one who can't seem to maintain a relationship - he was married 4x. If you're going to rant, try to at least be accurate will you? It's not like you wouldn't find enough to rant about with the actual post.

--------------------
Marriage doesn't come with a money-back guarantee.

javajunkiee
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/08
Loc: SC
Re: HOW MUCH SPOUSAL SUPPORT? [Re: Karen1]
      #724902 - 01/17/11 01:59 PM

...plus maybe his inability to spell, lol. Last I looked, Websters spells it 'angry'.

--------------------
Marriage doesn't come with a money-back guarantee.

yregna
veteran

Reged: 07/25/06
Loc: Oregon
Re: HOW MUCH SPOUSAL SUPPORT? [Re: javajunkiee]
      #725244 - 01/18/11 02:31 PM

I apologise for the error, but it was clear she felt " ENTITLED " to get some money from this marriage, since she didn't get any money from the 1st 30 year marriage. That exactly supports my point.

P.S. I've said it before, but for those of you too stupid to remember, yrgna was already taken. If you are supporting this woman's claims to alimony, I'd probably concentrate on people's spelling, since you have NO SUPPORTING ARGUEMENT.

This woman is just another in a long and tired tradition making females look bad. Yesterday we interviewed for an Environmental Technician position. I was immediately suspicious of all the attractive females who interviewed, and gave them low marks. Just my instinct.

--------------------
"Anything free is worth what you pay for it..."
"Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get"

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7181

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: