Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Custody and Visitation

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
c_jane
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 04/06/07
Loc: In the Great State of Texas
Brag... and Diatribe on Idiots Raising DS
      #745247 - 05/03/11 07:09 PM

DS got accepted into NJHS -- the induction is Thursday. I had quite a going-round with him as they require slacks & button-down shirt for the Induction. As he's with me Thursday, I told him I'd come in his room and dress him myself if that's what it took. He's agreed, under that sort of duress, to go in the 'costume' as he calls it--LOL!

He got asked to join LAST YEAR, but those idiots raising him didn't understand the importance of joining and let him decide NOT to join. When I found out (last summer in talking with another parent) I told him he WAS to join this year, no if's and or but's about it. After I explained how important it was in the scheme of getting accepted to college, he agreed.

I believe I joined when I was a freshman. Those Idiots were never asked to join in HS and don't even have a clue about the significance of it.

While in the entire 'college bound' scenario this will have a somewhat minor impact, he will have a MUCH better chance of automatically being offered NHS (if all other criteria are met -- teacher recommendations, grades, conduct, etc.) and colleges DO look at that. Again, let me say: Those Idiots.

--------------------
John Constantine: God's a kid with an ant farm.... He's not planning anything.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ssmom79
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/27/07
Re: Brag... and Diatribe on Idiots Raising DS [Re: c_jane]
      #745252 - 05/03/11 08:36 PM

Congrats on DS getting into NJHS!

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
      #745254 - 05/03/11 09:13 PM

"I had quite a going-round with him as they require slacks & button-down shirt for the Induction. As he's with me Thursday, I told him I'd come in his room and dress him myself if that's what it took."

Yeah, sounds like he is THRILLED to be inducted.

"He's agreed, under that sort of duress, to go in the 'costume' as he calls it--LOL!"

Yep, MORE evidence that he is just ESTATIC about being asked to join.

"He got asked to join LAST YEAR, but those idiots raising him didn't understand the importance of joining and let him decide NOT to join."

Wow, tell me, when he makes a good POOP, I guess its because you trained his bowels properly, and when its hard or runny, its because "Exhole did {insert whatever reasoning you can come up with} to CAUSE it!"

I mean WOW, imagine giving a child his age a CHOICE in whether he WANTS to join a certain group or not.

"I believe I joined when I was a freshman."

Are you sure you weren't a founding member? Maybe THE founding members handed you your invite as you left your mother's vagina.

"Those Idiots were never asked to join in HS and don't even have a clue about the significance of it."

Sounds like they gave him the option, and he chose NO.

"While in the entire 'college bound' scenario this will have a somewhat minor impact, he will have a MUCH better chance of automatically being offered NHS (if all other criteria are met -- teacher recommendations, grades, conduct, etc.) and colleges DO look at that. Again, let me say: Those Idiots."

You know, with EVERY post, JUST as I think it CAN'T become clearer, you prove me wrong, and explain FURTHER why you are NOT the custodial parent.

So, if THEY are idiots for not knowing the signifigance of the NJHS, wouldn't your SON, who turned it DOWN last year be an "idiot" as well?

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

M5M5
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/29/05
      #745260 - 05/03/11 10:53 PM

My SS19 waited until his senior year to join the NHS. He was first invited in middle school. It looked great on his HS/College resume...but I don't think it made a difference what year he joined? Anyway...congrats to your son!

SRS
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 11/05/10
      #745269 - 05/04/11 05:45 AM

COngrats! I was NHS and it does make a difference. You should be proud.

junebug
addict

Reged: 10/05/06
Re: Brag... and Diatribe on Idiots Raising DS [Re: SRS]
      #745271 - 05/04/11 06:47 AM

Guess the idiots are doing a good enough job raising him that he was invited to join the NJHS!!?? But I'm sure that is your accomplishment not theirs. Sounds like your son is thriving & doing very well in their custody!

c_jane
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 04/06/07
Loc: In the Great State of Texas
Re: Brag... and Diatribe on Idiots Raising DS [Re: junebug]
      #745428 - 05/04/11 06:57 PM

Well Ex- CERTAINLY didn't contribute any to DS's 'book' intelligence. Ex- took 5 years to get through HS and barely scraped by then. So I can FULLY take credit for DS's ability to excel in school work, acing tests, straight A's, ability to take pre-AP classes with no problem, and anything ELSE that exhibits ability to learn and retain material taught in school.

--------------------
John Constantine: God's a kid with an ant farm.... He's not planning anything.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
      #745454 - 05/04/11 08:55 PM

"Ex- took 5 years to get through HS and barely scraped by then. So I can FULLY take credit for DS's ability to excel in school work, acing tests, straight A's, ability to take pre-AP classes with no problem, and anything ELSE that exhibits ability to learn and retain material taught in school."

Yeah, I am sure the KID had nothing to do with it. You are pathetic.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

M5M5
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/29/05
      #745456 - 05/04/11 08:57 PM

What the heck did you see in this man, then?

Cassie23
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/07/05
      #745572 - 05/05/11 09:17 AM

While in the entire 'college bound' scenario this will have a somewhat minor impact, he will have a MUCH better chance of automatically being offered NHS (if all other criteria are met -- teacher recommendations, grades, conduct, etc.) and colleges DO look at that. Again, let me say: Those Idiots.

--------------------

Hmmm... My daughter was accepted into NJHS and to qualify she had to go through the application process which included two recommendations from teachers and an essay. Now she could have chosen not to tell me and let it slide. It was her CHOICE (yes at 13/14 she can make decisions). She was the one who had to COMPLETE the application process. She had to ask TWO teachers for recommendations and write a 500 word essay on the importance of certain qualities in a middle school student.

Surely you don't call your X and his wife idiots to your son's face, however if your son sees ANY of that negativity I can almost promise you that your son will end up where my SD is- which is NOT speaking to the parent who degraded the other parent her WHOLE life.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3350

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: