Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Custody and Visitation

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
keepingme0810
recently joined

Reged: 08/09/11
change of domicile
      #758987 - 08/09/11 06:08 PM

i have sole legal and sole physical custody of my 3 yr old daughter. Her father was never in her life until this year in april, he filed a motion for joint custody this may but was denied and he also filed for visitation which he was granted. The first month it was supervised, now he gets 3 days a week but no overnights. In 2009 when child support was ordered we both had a conference call with the judge because we both were in seperate states. But on my court order it says i am not allowed to move away from the state of michigan or more than 100 miles away. I did not recieve a copy of my court order because it has my old address on it(michigan address).
I am not currently back in the state of michigan both my daugthers' father and i have been back for two years now. I faxed a change of address form to the state of michigan back in 2009 stating that i resided in Kentucky at the time that is why we both had a conference call. But now that i am in the state of Michigan i was told i needed court permission to move. I filed a motion today to move because my husband has a job lined up in the state of Texas. I have been trying to come up with an agreement with my daughters' father so that we wont have to appear in court but he will not budge. I am so scared that i will lose this case and have to stay in michigan when i can prove my daughters' life will be better in another state. What all can i do about this situation?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
finz
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/17/08
Re: change of domicile [Re: keepingme0810]
      #758989 - 08/09/11 06:15 PM

Start with getting a copy of the actual court order.

keepingme0810
recently joined

Re: change of domicile [Re: finz]
      #758990 - 08/09/11 06:21 PM

i have it already thats how i found out i had sole legal and physical custody.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
      #758991 - 08/09/11 06:49 PM

Okay, more is needed. Were you residing with the father, and how long ago did you move to Kentucky? In other words, was the father not in the picture by HIS choice, or did you relocate a long distance away?

Yes, now that you are back in Michigan, the order takes precedence. You cannot collect child support from a guy for a child, then jump all over the country with the kid, making PARENTING TIME (not visitation) very difficult to exercise.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

keepingme0810
recently joined

Re: change of domicile [Re: gr8Dad]
      #758993 - 08/09/11 06:51 PM

no i wasnt residing with the father, i moved to kentucky in july of 2008. He wasnt in the picture by his choice, he moved to Wisconsin in january of 2008.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#758994 - 08/09/11 06:59 PM

Okay, you moved to Kentucky in July of 2008, which, if the child is three, was RIGHT about when she was born. If he moved to Wisconsin in January, the child had not been born yet.

How long has he been back in Michigan?

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

keepingme0810
recently joined

#758996 - 08/09/11 07:10 PM

we've both been back in michigan for 2 years. Him in july 2009, me in September 2009

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#758997 - 08/09/11 07:17 PM

Okay, so he is back in here life. What plan do you have for continuing this father daughter bonding while you live in Texas? Have you come up with a parenting plan? Extended visits? You will most likely have to pay for transportation a few times a year to get the child to Dad's house for parenting time, are you prepared to do that?

I guess what I am getting at is that you appear to be mainly concerned with YOUR lifestyle and what YOU want to do, with little concern for the child/parent realtionship that is burgeoning between him and her. You will be more likely to succeed in court if you have a plan in place.

--------------------

keepingme0810
recently joined

#758998 - 08/09/11 07:22 PM

he isnt in her life he filed for parenting time and he get supervised visitation by me on wednesdays for 3 hrs. The referee said my daughter isnt in a place to spend the night with him yet. I have tried to come up with parenting plans but he turns them all down.

My first option was 6 weeks during the summer and we rotate holiday breaks during the school year. I have also told him i would pay for her to get here and back. But he refused that also. He says he wants her for two weeks out of the month every month.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#759001 - 08/09/11 07:36 PM

He IS in her life. He is seeing her three days a week (per your ealier post), and is working his way up to full time parenting. Your desire to move to Texas should not override the fact that he has jumped through the hoops he was ordered to, now you appear to want to yank the floor out from under him.

"My first option was 6 weeks during the summer and we rotate holiday breaks during the school year. I have also told him i would pay for her to get here and back. But he refused that also. He says he wants her for two weeks out of the month every month."

Well, would YOU be willing to take 6 weeks in the summer and alternating school holidays?

--------------------

keepingme0810
recently joined

#759002 - 08/09/11 07:39 PM

no i objected to the 3 days a week so he only gets the Wednesdays supervised by me. Until our judicial hearing.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#759003 - 08/09/11 07:41 PM

So you are in control of when he sees the child, now you want to move away and remain MORE in control of how often he sees the child?

If the referee says the child is not ready for overnights, why did you object to the three days a week? What REASON do you have for doing that (and yes, a judge WILL ask you that, and if you don't have a GOOD reason, you may find YOURSELF with the 6 weeks in the summer).

--------------------

keepingme0810
recently joined

#759004 - 08/09/11 07:42 PM

oh and no im not yanking anything. He didnt want her, he only filed for visitation because he heard my husband and i were moving out of state. Technically i am excepting 6 weeks in the summer and alternating school holidays. There's only 3 months during summer break which means i'll have her rotating holiday school breaks and 6 weeks during the summer also because she's in school from 9a-330p monday- friday.

keepingme0810
recently joined

#759005 - 08/09/11 07:46 PM

i objected to that because my work schedule along with my husbands and the fact my daughter starts school has changed. And we only have one car and her father wouldnt agree to pick her up from anywhere other than what the referee referred to so i objected to it so it can be altered which he will only get wednesdays and sundays because thats our only availabilities together. Her father is off work on wednesdays, fridays, and sundays but im only off on wednesdays, and sundays, so i will only be able to get her to him those two days.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#759006 - 08/09/11 07:46 PM

"he only filed for visitation because he heard my husband and i were moving out of state"

Do you have any idea how asinine that sounds? This guy, who you claim doesn't CARE about the child, has PAID to file for joint custody, filed for parenting time, and had jumped through your hoop of supervised parenting time for three MONTHS.

And this guy, whom you don't trust to have the child for THREE DAYS< is okay to have the child for SIX WEEKS?

--------------------

keepingme0810
recently joined

#759007 - 08/09/11 07:48 PM

he didnt PAY for anything he got a voucher. And the 6 weeks was my agreement before the referee said she wasnt in a place to spend the night.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#759008 - 08/09/11 07:48 PM

"i objected to that because my work schedule along with my husbands and the fact my daughter starts school has changed."

SO he can't see his CHILD because of your WORK SCHEDULE? Oh, you are a selfish piece of GARBAGE. I hope the judge sees you for what you REALLY are and gives that poor little child, who you are using like a TOY, to her father, who really appears to care for her.

--------------------

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#759009 - 08/09/11 07:49 PM

"he didnt PAY for anything he got a voucher."

Really? Who gives out VOUCHERS for family law cases?

--------------------

keepingme0810
recently joined

#759010 - 08/09/11 07:51 PM

:grin: thanks for your opinion but i highly doubt he will get my daughter. Thanks though i surely am not taking what your saying as something to get upset about. So please dont think im upset its a forum people are going to have opinions.

keepingme0810
recently joined

#759011 - 08/09/11 07:55 PM

[quote]"he didnt PAY for anything he got a voucher."

Really? Who gives out VOUCHERS for family law cases? [/quote]

michigan does actually its an affidavit stating that you are unable to pay the filing fees because you're either low income or unable to because of other reasons. I only know this because it stated it on there as fee voucher.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#759012 - 08/09/11 08:03 PM

"thanks for your opinion but i highly doubt he will get my daughter"

You say, "MY daughter", yet I bet you like that child support check coming in, huh? Keep thiking that way, I have seen more than one parent lose custody because of that piss poor attitude.

--------------------

keepingme0810
recently joined

#759013 - 08/09/11 08:09 PM

i dont get child support. Sorry and i havent asked for any. Its not about the money.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#759014 - 08/09/11 08:14 PM

Wow, you should really READ what you write before you post it. In your first post, you state, "The first month it was supervised, now he gets 3 days a week but no overnights. In 2009 when child support was ordered we both had a conference call with the judge because we both were in seperate states."

So child support was ORDERED, but you didn't ask for any and don't get any. He "gets" three days a week, but he DOESN'T get three days a week, because you turned it down.

Sorry, but you are on a board where people have EXPERIENCE in family courts, and your story ain't passing muster.

--------------------

keepingme0810
recently joined

#759015 - 08/09/11 08:18 PM

[quote]Wow, you should really READ what you write before you post it. In your first post, you state, "The first month it was supervised, now he gets 3 days a week but no overnights. In 2009 when child support was ordered we both had a conference call with the judge because we both were in seperate states."

So child support was ORDERED, but you didn't ask for any and don't get any. He "gets" three days a week, but he DOESN'T get three days a week, because you turned it down.

Sorry, but you are on a board where people have EXPERIENCE in family courts, and your story ain't passing muster. [/quote]

CHILD SUPPORT was ORDERED because a DNA test was ORDERED. His child support goes to the state. And i objected to the 3 days because i can not accommodate the 3 days with us having only one car.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#759016 - 08/09/11 08:26 PM

Ah, so YOU were recieving government benefits of some sort, and he is paying them BACK with the child support. So you ARE/DID recieve child support, and he IS paying, its just under a different system. Tell me, do your friends enjoy your little "double speak"? You know, the one where HE is a bad guy for having the court fees waived, yet YOU are perfectly okay for collecting welfare?

As for your current behicle problem, NOT HIS PROBLEM. You find three OTHER days to let him see the child. Instead, you are using your lack of a car to deny him time with the child, and not only is that WAY WRONG, a judge will see through your little game. I HOPE he gets the child back.

--------------------

keepingme0810
recently joined

#759018 - 08/09/11 08:32 PM

[quote]Ah, so YOU were recieving government benefits of some sort, and he is paying them BACK with the child support. So you ARE/DID recieve child support, and he IS paying, its just under a different system. Tell me, do your friends enjoy your little "double speak"? You know, the one where HE is a bad guy for having the court fees waived, yet YOU are perfectly okay for collecting welfare?

As for your current behicle problem, NOT HIS PROBLEM. You find three OTHER days to let him see the child. Instead, you are using your lack of a car to deny him time with the child, and not only is that WAY WRONG, a judge will see through your little game. I HOPE he gets the child back. [/quote]

ok thanks for your opinion. And yes i was receiving welfare when i first found out i was pregnant. And I agreed to his 3 days thats the only reason he HAD those 3 days until my situation changed the week after we were with the referee. So thats when i objected to the 3 days. It is his problem if he wont pick up his daughter and i have to meet him. I cant do that without a car. :grin: :grin: :grin:

And also he doesnt want 3 OTHER days because he works and he says he doesnt want to take her the days he works.

Edited by keepingme0810 (08/09/11 08:34 PM)

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#759019 - 08/09/11 08:39 PM

"ok thanks for your opinion. And yes i was receiving welfare when i first found out i was pregnant."

Do you think people are STUPID? You were recieving welfare THREE YEARS AGO, and he is STILL paying back the state? Regardless, you ARE recieving child support.

"And I agreed to his 3 days thats the only reason he HAD those 3 days until my situation changed the week after we were with the referee."

Gee, WHY oh WHY would he not trust you to move to Texas...hmmm, maybe because he jumped through your hoops,a nd when he was supposed to get his three days a week, YOU have a problem with your vehicle...BOO FREAKING HOO. That is NOT his problem. If you AGREED to the three days, and it was ordered, you are in contempt of court.

"It is his problem if he wont pick up his daughter and i have to meet him. I cant do that without a car. :grin: :grin: :grin:"

No, it is YOUR problem. And your little "grin" after your post is SO cute, make sure you do that for the judge, they LOVE cocky women who think they control everything.

"And also he doesnt want 3 OTHER days because he works and he says he doesnt want to take her the days he works."

Well, then I guess you need to find a WAY. Because the bottom line is that he WILL get parenting time, and he WILL get overnights. So lets see, you can afford to send the child ACROSS THE COUNTRY for extended parenting time...but getting the kid across the STATE is a huge issue?

LOL, some people just shouldn't have kids.

--------------------

keepingme0810
recently joined

#759023 - 08/09/11 08:45 PM

[quote]"ok thanks for your opinion. And yes i was receiving welfare when i first found out i was pregnant."

Do you think people are STUPID? You were recieving welfare THREE YEARS AGO, and he is STILL paying back the state? Regardless, you ARE recieving child support.

"And I agreed to his 3 days thats the only reason he HAD those 3 days until my situation changed the week after we were with the referee."

Gee, WHY oh WHY would he not trust you to move to Texas...hmmm, maybe because he jumped through your hoops,a nd when he was supposed to get his three days a week, YOU have a problem with your vehicle...BOO FREAKING HOO. That is NOT his problem. If you AGREED to the three days, and it was ordered, you are in contempt of court.

"It is his problem if he wont pick up his daughter and i have to meet him. I cant do that without a car. :grin: :grin: :grin:"

No, it is YOUR problem. And your little "grin" after your post is SO cute, make sure you do that for the judge, they LOVE cocky women who think they control everything.

"And also he doesnt want 3 OTHER days because he works and he says he doesnt want to take her the days he works."

Well, then I guess you need to find a WAY. Because the bottom line is that he WILL get parenting time, and he WILL get overnights. So lets see, you can afford to send the child ACROSS THE COUNTRY for extended parenting time...but getting the kid across the STATE is a huge issue?

LOL, some people just shouldn't have kids. [/quote]

Nothing is ORDERED its a referall just so you understand. Im not in contempt of anything no judge signed anything. Im not OBLIGATED to GIVE him anything other than wednesdays supervised as so ordered. It doesnt matter if HE trusts me or not, I need a JUDGES permission which as of right now as i open my mail i will have the answer too. I only posted this because i had not received my mail yet until NOW. So i will let you know what is ordered the minute i open it thanks. :grin: :grin: :grin:

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#759024 - 08/09/11 08:49 PM

Nothing is ordered, except for the stuff that is ordered, like child support.

"Im not OBLIGATED to GIVE him anything other than wednesdays supervised as so ordered."

You aren't "giving" him ANYTHING< he is her FATHER, he has a RIGHT to see her.

--------------------

keepingme0810
recently joined

#759025 - 08/09/11 09:02 PM

[quote]Nothing is ordered, except for the stuff that is ordered, like child support.

"Im not OBLIGATED to GIVE him anything other than wednesdays supervised as so ordered."

You aren't "giving" him ANYTHING< he is her FATHER, he has a RIGHT to see her. [/quote]

and he does tomorrow, and every Wednesday there after. UNTIL jan. 2012 when we move to Texas!!! THATS RIGHT IM MOVING!! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO. The judge ruled in my favor. and he still does not get any overnights. he gets 3 weeks during the summer and she stays with my mother overnight and he gets her for 5hrs during the daytime. With no holidays!!

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#759026 - 08/09/11 09:14 PM

You are a liar. There is NO WAY IN HELL that a judge would order a reunification period (which is what your little supervised Wednesday visits are called), then give you permission to move, and give him DAILY visits with no overnights NEXT summer.

Betcha think ya had a ball playing your little game on here, huh? Tell Mommy you are done with the computer, you have school tomorrow.

--------------------

keepingme0810
recently joined

#759027 - 08/09/11 09:17 PM

[quote]You are a liar. There is NO WAY IN HELL that a judge would order a reunification period (which is what your little supervised Wednesday visits are called), then give you permission to move, and give him DAILY visits with no overnights NEXT summer.

Betcha think ya had a ball playing your little game on here, huh? Tell Mommy you are done with the computer, you have school tomorrow. [/quote]

YES SIR OR MA'AM I HAVE IT ALL IN WRITING. I PAID MY LAWYER GOOD MONEY TO GET WHAT I WANT AND I WON!!! And for your info the judge during the hearing ripped my ex a new one because he waited 3 yrs to file anything. So thats why i got what i want. GOODNIGHT!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#759028 - 08/09/11 09:20 PM

LMAO, yer SOOOO smart. I guess when you said, "I filed a motion today to move because my husband has a job lined up in the state of Texas.", you did SUCH A fine job of FILING that motion, that they SCHEDULED it the SAME day you filed it, SERVED your ex the same day, and HEAR the case the same day, ruled on it, and MAILED it to you same day service, right?

LOL, you are REALLY bad at lying, you should stop doing it.

--------------------

DedicatedDad
veteran

Reged: 09/05/04
      #759030 - 08/09/11 09:32 PM

The OP said they filed their motion to move this morning......and judge ruled this afternoon.

Yea.....right.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: change of domicile [Re: DedicatedDad]
      #759031 - 08/09/11 09:37 PM

Yeah, and apparently they are delivering MAIL at 9:30 at night in Michigan, LOL.

--------------------

keepingme0810
recently joined

#759035 - 08/09/11 10:03 PM

lol i actually just copied and pasted my post from my legal match.com site from 3 months ago where i found my lawyer. I didnt proof read it before i posted it. So i had to re read it once i started getting responses. But like i said i JUST got my mail today. ALL my mail goes to my fathers home because my apt hasnt fixed our mailbox and it stays open so i have not changed my FOC address on record.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#759037 - 08/09/11 10:33 PM

Of course you did, LMAO!

--------------------

meganb
old hand

Reged: 10/29/05
      #759086 - 08/10/11 07:34 PM

What county in MI do you live????? I ask because I also live in MI and have never heard of any long distance parenting plan like the one you said you have been granted. Not to say that it didnt happen, just saying that I find it hard to believe that there would be any judge willing to allow a parenting plan such as that. I can see a judge allowing a move, it's happening everyday now due to lack of jobs in MI, but at the same time FOC and the judges are allowing extra time with the parent left behind. Something just seems very, very off here.

Your story jumps around and around, you say this, then change it to that....something is off.

But again I would like to know the county you live in as this would never happen in mine.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
2 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5772

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: