Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Helping Your Child(ren)

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
c_jane
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 04/06/07
Loc: In the Great State of Texas
Ex and SM are 'stalking' DS's Girlfriend
      #762362 - 09/13/11 11:40 AM

Well that was the term he used. It's mostly SM. She texts the girl every day asking her stuff on FB. DS has told S. to 'unfriend' SM but she won't do it (nice girl). He said they (again mostly SM but with Dad's approval) get her gifts every day for DS to give her. He told me he's got about 10 gifts already in his room for S. and he doesn't want to give them to her.

He was in tears telling me about it. He doesn't even want to ask S. to come to Ex's house because he's so embarrassed by their actions, demeanor, etc.

I told him to talk to Dad and ask SM to leave S. alone on FB. DS told me: "Mom he'd say something to SM, then there'd be a yelling fight, she'd move out for a few days, Dad would be upset. It's better if I don't say anything."

But the poor kid's miserable with the situation. I thought about telling him to go to the counselor at school and maybe SHE could call Dad and tell him. I don't know what *I* can do??

--------------------
John Constantine: God's a kid with an ant farm.... He's not planning anything.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
Re: Ex and SM are 'stalking' DS's Girlfriend [Re: c_jane]
      #762363 - 09/13/11 12:01 PM

About WHAT? That his PARENTS are TALKING to his girlfriend? Tell him welcome to LIFE.

You need to pick something to complain about and STICK with it. You CANNOT claim, on one hand, that Dad and stepmom are NOT involved in the child's life, then turn around and complain that they are TO involved in the child's life.

But PLEASE, file a court case on this one, complain about how they are DARING to speak to the child's girlfriend, and how they {gasp} BOUGHT HER GIFTS.

You are a COMPLETE psycho.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

ssmom79
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/27/07
      #762365 - 09/13/11 12:33 PM

I think you attempting to help is a bad idea. Kids and 'stalking'...so annoying. My SD told me that my mom was stalking her on FB because she comments on her photos and status updates. I'm sorry, did you not post that for responses?? I digress...

What about your DS's GF asking her parents to help out? Or, maybe your DS can tell them that her parents got onto her and they can't say anything because it would upset his GF. He can tell them the presents are nice but her parents think it's just too much. Or maybe her mom or dad can talk to ex and SM.

As far as how his dad acts when he has a female guest, sorry, nothing to do there. If he can't have girls over because his parents embarrass him, well he'd be in a group of just about every other teenager so he'd spend more time at the GF's house. I NEVER took boyfriends home. My mom was annoying. So if I had a BF I hung out at their house.

c_jane
Pooh-Bah

Re: Ex and SM are 'stalking' DS's Girlfriend [Re: ssmom79]
      #762373 - 09/13/11 01:31 PM

Funny. He BEGS me to let him invite her to anything we do any weekend I have him. We're taking her to Gator Fest Saturday with me, my sis & her family, and my niece's friend. And I have NEVER commented on ANYTHING she has posted on FB. I don't feel a need to interject myself into everything they do OR buy her PRESENTS. Besides, this is BEYOND 'normal' parental interest IMO.

[quote]....If he can't have girls over because his parents embarrass him, well he'd be in a group of just about every other teenager so he'd spend more time at the GF's house. I NEVER took boyfriends home. My mom was annoying. So if I had a BF I hung out at their house. [/quote]

--------------------

ssmom79
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/27/07
      #762375 - 09/13/11 02:10 PM

Like I said, SOME parents can be annoying. I'm just trying to help your son cope with his Dad and SM being overbearing in regards to his girlfriend.

Who don't you comment on her FB? What's wrong with commenting on a status or a photo? If you can't comment, why even have her as a 'friend' at all? If you are 'friends' you should be able to comment or like a status or a picture without being labeled a stalker.

You think it's beyond normal and that is OK. Don't do what they do. But they are probably just trying to be nice. They probably don't realize how overbearing they are being.

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#762378 - 09/13/11 03:47 PM

"Funny. He BEGS me to let him invite her to anything we do any weekend I have him."

That is because you are a sh!tty parent and do not have any rules. You have NO problem crappy on the OTHER parent, and you remove ANY responsibility the CHILD has for ANYTHING he does. Everything your son gets in trouble for is excused by you as someone else's fault.

Remember the Six Fags incident? Where you left two preteens, UNSUPERVISED, in a MAJOR amusment park, while you went back to the campground?

Of COURSE he and she want to spend time with you, you let them do what they want. Keep it up, I see him being a Daddy by age 15. Of course, THAT will be "exhole's" fault.

PURELY out of curiosity, what does the GIRL think of his Dad and stepmom, or have you even bothered to ASK?

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

javajunkiee
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/08
Loc: SC
Re: Ex and SM are 'stalking' DS's Girlfriend [Re: gr8Dad]
      #763059 - 09/23/11 09:20 AM

This reminds me of BMs antics last year with oldest SS gf. BM would hang out with this 19yo girl on the weekends, go with her to SSs fball games, sit in the kids section of the bleachers, and just generally hang all over girl and SS. She'd even invite herself to the teenager post-game celebrations at the local mexican restaurant. It drove SS nuts, but the GF 'felt sorry' for BM.

This year? GF is ancient history and SS is playing the field. Youngest SS is a freshmen. BM tried to restart the nonsense right away, but they talked it out between themselves and came to an agreement. They're not rude to her, but both boys keep their distance from her at the games. As they put it, she's too old to fit in and their friends think she's 'weird' for trying.

I almost feel sorry for her myself, but then I remember that she wouldn't have to grasp at straws to be close to them if she actually was a PARENT to them in the first place.

--------------------
Marriage doesn't come with a money-back guarantee.

Debi
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/03/05
Re: Ex and SM are 'stalking' DS's Girlfriend [Re: javajunkiee]
      #763422 - 09/26/11 10:14 PM

My kids SM did something similar with a guy my oldest D dated. She would talk to him on the phone and text him pretty much daily. My daughter no longer introduces any guys to her dad or SM and has deleted SM and everyone in her family from FB. SM is more nosy than harmful but it got to be a little too much for my D. to be honest it got to be a little much for me too. She would tell me everything posted on FB because God forbid I miss something. BAER.

On the other hand she wants SO and I to meet the guys she dates and has no problem hanging out with them at our house.

--------------------
When we were together, you said you'd die for me. Now, I think it's time you kept your promise.

c_jane
Pooh-Bah

Re: Ex and SM are 'stalking' DS's Girlfriend [Re: Debi]
      #763456 - 09/27/11 09:29 AM

DS is REALLY getting ticked off @ SM commenting, not only to the GF, but every friend he has on FB! I try to tell him he should feel sorry for her since she obviously doesn't have a life and has to amuse herself with what the kids post on FB.

--------------------

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#763500 - 09/27/11 11:25 AM

"I try to tell him he should feel sorry for her since she obviously doesn't have a life and has to amuse herself with what the kids post on FB."

What, get tired of crapping on DAD, so you thought you would move over to step mom? DAMN you are a lousy parent.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5397

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: