Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Stepfamily Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
LeAnne
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 08/18/05
Loc: missouri
I might need bail money?
      #778087 - 02/21/12 11:21 AM

Well the nieces and nephews are all back at school today and are just totally upset.

The rumors have started about my nephews death.

Z had issues with a stalker girl at the beginning of school. Calling and texting crap with this stalker B!tch. To the point that my SIL had to contact her parents to get it to stop.

Now she is at it again.
She is telling everyone, that Z died in her arms, and she is PREGNANT with his child. Not true, but still???

I have recieved 2 calls from niece and nephew this morning. They are just totally upset about the stalker saying stuff.

Another issue, is Z gave his class ring to his little girlfriend of 5 months. She says she is not giving it back!!!

So looks like I have 2 missions to accomplish this week. Shut a yap and remove a class ring from a finger, which I don't have problem doing either one.

--------------------
Empty Nesting

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
Re: I might need bail money? [Re: LeAnne]
      #778091 - 02/21/12 11:40 AM

"She is telling everyone, that Z died in her arms, and she is PREGNANT with his child. Not true, but still???"

Drama, who CARES what she is saying?

"Another issue, is Z gave his class ring to his little girlfriend of 5 months. She says she is not giving it back!!!"

Most likely, she is still VERY traumatized from the loss, and wants to ring to remember him by, why is that unreasonable?

From a LEGAL standpoint, the ring is hers, it was given as a gift.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

LeAnne
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: I might need bail money? [Re: gr8Dad]
      #778093 - 02/21/12 11:42 AM

She is upsetting my family, so I CARE.

I don't care if she wants to keep the ring, not happening.

--------------------
Empty Nesting

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#778094 - 02/21/12 11:47 AM

"She is upsetting my family, so I CARE."

Maybe you should point out to the family that is getting upset that TO get upset over the words of a young teenage female is a waste of time?

"I don't care if she wants to keep the ring, not happening."

Wouldn't it be EASIER to simply purchase another ring from the company and allow her AND the family to have a ring? Why is it that the greiving of the family must come at the cost of his girlfriend? Wouldn't it be more productive to have the grieving process TOGETHER, instead of turning it into an "us versus them" situation?

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

LeAnne
Carpal \'Tunnel

#778098 - 02/21/12 12:02 PM

The kids have already been told to ignore the stalker, but they are teens ya know?

And the ring, has emotional ties, because Z wore THAT RING.
Besides if she was so attached to my nephew, why did she change her FB to she is now single? Seems she would have more mourning than a few days?

--------------------
Empty Nesting

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

#778101 - 02/21/12 12:07 PM

"The kids have already been told to ignore the stalker, but they are teens ya know?"

And a LESSON is in the works.

"And the ring, has emotional ties, because Z wore THAT RING.
Besides if she was so attached to my nephew, why did she change her FB to she is now single? Seems she would have more mourning than a few days?"

You are kidding, right? You are judging a TEENAGER, based on what her FACEBOOK status says? Are you SERIOUS? SOunds to me like they ALL need to grow up, you included for playing INTO the game.

--------------------

Maury
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: This Asylum --->
      #778102 - 02/21/12 12:09 PM

I am sorry you are having such issues. Unfortunately, other than talking to the parents of theses teens or the teens themselves, there is little that you can truly do. Requesting the ring back makes sense. If she won't give it, you don't have much of a remedy. Speaking with the purported stalker is likely a waste of time.

SRS
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 11/05/10
      #778106 - 02/21/12 12:16 PM

Don't get worked up over teenage drama - especially FB drama.

Let the girl have the ring....who cares. It won't bring back your loved one.

cutiepie

Reged: 12/10/11
      #778110 - 02/21/12 12:23 PM

I'm sorry you are hurting so bad. But, to be honest, this isn't your issue. If the ring is important to Z's parents, then perhaps they will request it to be returned.

You are coming off as a controlling BULLY. You are going to shut a high school girls yap and remove a ring from a finger of the person who owns the ring. Yup a bully. You are just as imature as the two girls.

Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Third rock from the sun
      #778119 - 02/21/12 01:00 PM

So looks like I have 2 missions to accomplish this week. Shut a yap and remove a class ring from a finger, which I don't have problem doing either one.

---> No...YOU don't.

1) It isn't your place...it's Mom and Dad's responsibility to speak to the girl's parents or they can have their attorney do so. You CAN tell them to make sure they don't throw out son's toothbrush or brush/comb...just in case they need the DNA for a paternity test.

2) I can see the headlines now: LOCAL BUSINESS OWNER ATTACKS GRIEVING GIRLFRIEND. Yesterday afternoon, Leanne XXXXX, co-owner of XXXXX Garage/Bodyshop accosted Jane Doe, girlfriend of Jack Sprat who was killed last week in an auto accident. Leanne, who is also Sprat's aunt, was demanding the return of nephew's class ring and when Doe refused, she grabbed Doe and forcible removed the ring. Leanne has been arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and assault and is currently awaiting arraignment.

---> In the newspaper a month later: Local Business Goes Under. Last month, Leanne XXXXX, co-owner of XXXXX Gargage/Bodyshop was charged with disorderly conduct and assault after she attacked the former girlfriend of her late nephew. In an interview with Snow White: "I was a long time customer of Leanne's, but after her vicious attack on that poor girl, I just could no longer trust her to work on my big rig. And I know others feel the same way."

--------------------
If you air your dirty linen in public, expect people to comment on the skid marks!

SRS
Pooh-Bah

Reged: 11/05/10
Re: I might need bail money? [Re: SRS]
      #778125 - 02/21/12 01:13 PM

What does it say about a supposedly upstanding citizen who is here all the time telling us what great things she does...to want to get in the middle of teenage drama? Really?

I can totally understanding venting here. But, not threatening to get involved in some nasty business with a bunch of teens who just lost their relative/friend/boyfriend. You aren't the only one who suffered a loss.

Plus, why are you stalking his gf's facebook page?

Take a breathe and morn your loss.

Cassie23
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/07/05
      #778152 - 02/21/12 03:55 PM

If it were my son I would have a real difficult time knowing that his GF has his class ring. I know it may seem small, but it was a part of it and especially if he really loved it- I would want it. Of course I think your sibling should contact the GF's parents and let them know the situation. Certainly not to take away from the GF's grief and her wants, but this is their son. The ring should go back to his family, the people who bought it for their child.

As for the kids talking, just so sad that people can't let him rest in peace and have to continue to deprive his family of a complete healing by spreading rumors and untruths.

annieo
veteran

Reged: 07/07/10
Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: I might need bail money? [Re: Cassie23]
      #778169 - 02/21/12 06:01 PM

I would want the ring back and if I were the parents I would request it from the gf's parents.

I would not worry about the teenage drama of the supposed baby mama but I would do as gecko suggested and hold onto the toothbrush and hairbrush in case it is needed.

I am so sorry you and your family are having to go through this in your time of morning as if you don't have enough going on.... {{HUGS}}

Debi
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/03/05
      #778178 - 02/21/12 08:22 PM

"She is telling everyone, that Z died in her arms, and she is PREGNANT with his child. Not true, but still???"

Still what? If she's lying it will be figured out soon enough and the only person she will have hurt is herself. If she is telling the truth then there is a piece of your nephew left that no one knew about and could be a blessing to the family.

--------------------
When we were together, you said you'd die for me. Now, I think it's time you kept your promise.

Runswithscissors
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 05/29/04
      #778211 - 02/21/12 11:46 PM

I think a calmer head will prevail.... I don't think you are going about this the right way. You are still mourning your nephews death......try to take care of you.

dabovgall
recently joined

Reged: 02/17/12
Re: I might need bail money? [Re: Runswithscissors]
      #778324 - 02/23/12 12:31 PM

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. :( When my bff had his first heart attack, one of my co-workers (who was also pretty close to him) came in the hospital room and took his father's ring off his finger for safe keeping. She said she didn't want it to be stolen or anything to happen to it. My friend cherished that ring because his father had passed and it was one of the only things he had of his.

When he eventually died, his sister had mentioned the ring to me and that she knew my co-worker had it. She was upset about it because it was her brother's and her late father's as well but she never asked for it back. I was outraged. Co-worker was rude and hateful to his sister during the entire 2 weeks he was in the hospital. I mean even brought her to tears a couple of times by some of the comments she made, but when I asked her why she didn't demand she give it back, she simply said "if it means that much to her, he would want her to have it. It's just a thing. My brother is gone and if her having his ring makes her feel closer to him, she can have it."

I had a whole new respect for her after that and I also felt a little ashamed that I let it upset me so much.

--------------------
8<

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating: ***
Topic views: 3065

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: