Divorce Source Community Forums >> Parenting Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
frustrated21
recently joined

Reged: 11/14/11
x destroying my relationship with our children
      #767909 - 11/14/11 09:45 PM

Please HELP!
I have been in the process of divorce for 21, yes, 21 months!!! My X and his parents started with my oldest daughter, now 14. They bashed me in front of her constantly, put me down, and told her many many lies, and twisted the truths to make me look bad. She unfortunately ate this up! She blames me for everything, even though she knew before I did, about her fathers affair. She hasn't spoken to me since July 2011. I am completely heart broken, she doesn't answer or return my calls, she doesn't answer my texts. She won't come to the door if I go over there. Now they - my X and his parents have turned their sights on my 10 year old son. He has told me some of the things they have been saying. How can I make this STOP? Is this a legal reason to get full custody? I don't know if I will ever get a relationship back with my daughter, how do I stop them from destroying my other two children? PLEASE, PLEASE help. I have been trying to get a GAL since July - I have paid my fees and everything, I have no clue what the hold-up is. What can I do?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Eve

Reged: 11/28/05
Re: x destroying my relationship with our children [Re: frustrated21]
      #778661 - 02/28/12 11:32 PM

Yes, something can be done about it. Call the court, talk to the child services, and speak to a mediator. Tell them what has been happening. This is parental alienation and the courts do not take kindly to it. This must be stopped now, or it can permanently damage your relationship with your children.

Rocko
journeyman

Reged: 10/10/06
Re: x destroying my relationship with our children [Re: Eve]
      #778998 - 03/05/12 11:13 AM

Yes, go back to court today. When you talk to the mediator, tell them exactly what you told us. You feel and fear your relationship is being ruined by your ex. This is a horrible thing to do. You may not get full custody, but its the first step. Do not wait.

onmyown_36

Reged: 08/04/10
Re: x destroying my relationship with our children [Re: Rocko]
      #787512 - 06/28/12 09:22 AM

OMG...Your post is my situation! I am the mom to 3 and thought we always had great relationships. After my divorce(ex cheated, kids knew) Now he is a saint and I am the enemy. My ex works to bribe the youngest to move in with him, he sets situations up so if I say no, its "all my fault" they can't do something (even if it was just something that didn't fit in a schedule or something like that) He's actually gone so far to make up REALLY cool day trips and then know they can't but he makes it seem like HE would have let them..its your mom that won't let you.
He has already totally destroyed the relationship with my middle child to the point where he just told me to leave him alone. I am so concerned he will start this with the younger one.
I have thought of the alienation thing but here the courts don't do much after setting up visitaiton and then that they expect you to come up with the plan and they just sign it. I have thought about putting my youngest in counseling. Ex said he put the other one in for a while but I saw no change.
I don't have any solutions for you but jsut wanted to let you know- your not alone.

finz
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/17/08
Re: x destroying my relationship with our children [Re: onmyown_36]
      #787593 - 06/29/12 09:33 PM

Onmyown,

The OP made 4 posts last November and hasn't been back since.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2730

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: