Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Custody and Visitation

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
MinnesotaMom
enthusiast

Reged: 01/05/11
Re: Would you move back? [Re: doingmybest]
      #782725 - 04/11/12 04:06 PM

Sounds like the child is his and you are a resident of OH. Are you or the baby getting any govt. services from OH?

If so, he is probably already paying support to the state.

It sounds like there is a custody hearing pending. Make sure you attend.

What was he like before the pregnancy? This is probably the most accurate indicator of what he's like. Pregnancies often drive both genders bonkers.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
doingmybest
recently joined

Reged: 04/04/12
Re: Would you move back? [Re: MinnesotaMom]
      #782734 - 04/11/12 04:51 PM

[quote]Sounds like the child is his and you are a resident of OH. Are you or the baby getting any govt. services from OH?

If so, he is probably already paying support to the state.

It sounds like there is a custody hearing pending. Make sure you attend.

What was he like before the pregnancy? This is probably the most accurate indicator of what he's like. Pregnancies often drive both genders bonkers. [/quote]

I am still employed and telacommute, so my employer provides insurance for both me and the baby. I have absolutely no intention of going on government assistence and have never been on it.

There is no custody hearing scheduled. The only state that has jurisdiction to hear anything on custody is the birth state of my son which is Ohio. I had a lawyer send a letter with a motion to dismiss based on lack of jusrisdiction. That is the only thing that a judge will be making a decision on. I have been a resident of Ohio for 8 months.

Before the pregnancy he seemed like a nice guy. He helped to take care of his family and seemed responsible. After I found out I was pregnant he still wanted to date but wanted me to abort after I said no he did a 180 and broke up with me.

I can understand the feelings towards me during the pregnancy. He didn't want the pregnancy. But after the baby was born and I told him he was in NICU, his reponse that it's my fault and that god didn't want the baby to be born was cruel.

Since that he has not made one effort to find out about the baby.

Why didn't he send a letter with his petition asking to see his son? Why hasn't he asked about his son or asked to see him? I already reached out to him when the baby was born and he turned me down. I love my son, I would deal with the devil himself to see him or find out any information about him.

But I will take the advice of a previous poster and ask formally through our lawyers if the father would like to see the baby before I leave.

Thanks

Edited by doingmybest (04/11/12 04:55 PM)

Debi
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/03/05
      #782856 - 04/12/12 01:07 PM

On what planet would a state that doesn't even have the name of a father be collecting support that the mother knows nothing about when the child is 4 months old? I don't think ANY state moves that fast and even if they did they couldn't do it without her having any knowledge. It is not at all likely if she were on assistance he would already be paying CS to the state.

--------------------
When we were together, you said you'd die for me. Now, I think it's time you kept your promise.

MinnesotaMom
enthusiast

Reged: 01/05/11
Re: Would you move back? [Re: Debi]
      #782981 - 04/12/12 09:17 PM

A I recall, in Minnesota a child support order must be in place within 30 days once the father is named.

The original poster said she thinks the father wants custody so he doesn't have to pay support. Doesn't that infer that he is?

doingmybest
recently joined

Reged: 04/04/12
      #783026 - 04/13/12 01:10 PM

[quote]A I recall, in Minnesota a child support order must be in place within 30 days once the father is named.

The original poster said she thinks the father wants custody so he doesn't have to pay support. Doesn't that infer that he is? [/quote]

He filed first for custody. I have not filed any child support. He supposedly wanted to beat me to the punch. I don't know why he opened up a can of worms, if I hadn't filed for anything nor was I planning too.

Like I said before he was controlling in the relationship, and I guess this is another way for him to exert control over the situation.

Anonmouse
recently joined

Reged: 04/13/12
Re: Would you move back? [Re: elliesmom]
      #784357 - 05/05/12 11:48 PM

First.. was this man married to you at any point during your pregnancy? Is his name on the birth certificate for the child or has paternity been established legally? If not, he may not even have a legal right to visitation much less custody until that occurs. No, I would not move back under the circumstances you state.. your main objective is to provide the best environment for your child you can and it appears that the resources you have available to you in Ohio are better. That and the fact the father seems to have little, and questionable, interest in the child at this point.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3288

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: