Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Stepfamily Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)
gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/07/04
OT-Middle School principal...VENT...
      #783278 - 04/17/12 04:35 PM

I hate this woman...I HATE HER!

Okay, son was involved in a fight yesterday with a group of kids. Not sure who "started" it, so they put everyone in ISS (In School Suspension). Okay, no prob, it happens.

So I wake up today, and I NEED to speak to my son about something personal and important. I call the school at 11:20, asking to speak to him. Am told he is at lunch and will be back at about 11:30. I tell the office person that it is "a VERY important thing, I NEED to speak to him". So I text my son, telling him that he needs to go to the office and call me. He texts back, "K". Apparently, a teacher saw him in the lunch room texting "K" to me, and took him to the office to get in trouble. Okay, oh well, cell phone rules have been flexible, some teachers allow them to text, some don't, whatever, just means I need to pick up his phone, oh well, I needed to speak to him FAST, so I dealt with it.

Now, onto the problem, he is in the office with the ISS teacher, and the principal is on the phone with someone else. So she tells him to go BACK to ISS and she will deal with him later. He states that he needs to call ME, at MY request, to both him AND the office. She says NO, he is to return to ISS NOW. He refuses, she calls me. We speak, I explain that I need to speak to him, sorry about the text message, I'll get the phone, etc etc. She KEEPS ON about the texting issue, I agree with EVERYTHING, tell her I NEED to speak to him. She is STILL harping about the text message and how it disrupts the class (which class, ISS or LUNCH...DUH!), so I have had enough, and I tell her that a teacher that couldn't LOOK at a text message from the child's FATHER and determine it was important sound pretty STUPID to me. She hung up on me.

So I call BACK to the office, the call is forwarded into her office, where she FINALLY allows me to speak to my son, in front of her. So I speak to him, find out what is going on and what I needed to know. Call is ended.

Now, I chalk this up to a failure to communicate. I said "Important matter" instead of "Emergency", the texting threw another wrench in, etc etc.

Just found out he was given and out of school suspension for refusing to follow the teachers orders, even though they were in DIRECT opposition to what his PARENT told him to do.

So i called the Superentendent, who has already spoken to her (apparently, she KNEW I would call him and she called him first). He took her side. Told me that the suspension stands. COULD NOT SEE that although dozens of kids a day come into that office and make phone calls at the front desk, the PRINCIPAL "had" to be present for HIS phone call, and thus, it HAD to wait until SHE was free to monitor it, I guess.

I am SO sick of these backwoods HICKS, who think they are in charge and have authority because they run a backwoods middle school in the DUMBEST FVCKING STATE in the country!!!

Okay, rant over, thank you for listening.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
english7
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/27/09
Re: OT-Middle School principal...VENT... [Re: gr8Dad]
      #783279 - 04/17/12 04:56 PM

What was so important that you had to text him (which you knew was against the rules, even though some teachers are flexible) when he was already in trouble and being punished?

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: OT-Middle School principal...VENT... [Re: english7]
      #783280 - 04/17/12 05:04 PM

"What was so important that you had to text him (which you knew was against the rules, even though some teachers are flexible) when he was already in trouble and being punished?"

A personal matter. But the SUBJECT is not the problem. I am his father, I needed to speak to him, and I thought the topic was severe enough to warrant contact. The super asked the same thing. But since when do we allow SOMEONE ELSE to determine what is or isn't important enough to speak to our OWN children about? We PAY these peopel to EDUCATE our children, and then somehow feel that they should JUDGE our intentions or actions to see if they are "good enough".

He was not in trouble, or being punished, he was sitting at the LUNCH table, which I VERIFIED when I called the office.

--------------------
Why give a "senior" discount, they have had plenty of time to raise the money...

english7
Carpal \'Tunnel

#783281 - 04/17/12 05:19 PM

ISS is not punishment? He was allowed all normal and extra-normal privileges while on ISS?

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: OT-Middle School principal...VENT... [Re: english7]
      #783282 - 04/17/12 05:27 PM

ISS has nothing to do with it, I needed to speak to him. I tried the office, he was at lunch, so I texted him. Not complaining about the TEXTING issue, the problem is the principal deciding, ON HER OWN< that MY need to talk to my CHILD was not as important as HER need to finsh her phone call and deal with him on a disciplinary level. It would have cost her NOTHING to allow the phone call, see what was going on, and go from there, but she is a CONTROL FREAK, and it showed.

--------------------

Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Third rock from the sun
      #783284 - 04/17/12 05:58 PM

But since when do we allow SOMEONE ELSE to determine what is or isn't important enough to speak to our OWN children about?

---> How would you feel if your son's education was being constantly interrupted because SOMEONE ELSE decided that it was IMPORTANT to ask their OWN child if they took the garbage out...or if they let the dog out...or what they wanted for supper or if they made their bed or when they were getting out of class...or any other number of 'important' things?

--------------------
If you air your dirty linen in public, expect people to comment on the skid marks!

gr8Dad
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: OT-Middle School principal...VENT... [Re: Gecko]
      #783285 - 04/17/12 06:04 PM

How would someone elses child going to the office to make a phone call from the lunch room interupt my child's education? Yeah, I guess if he watched the child LEAVE the lunch room, he might miss out on Stinky telling Jimmy that little Susie kissed him behind the lockers, but not really much after that.

--------------------

Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

#783286 - 04/17/12 06:05 PM

Honestly...I think you bring the majority of these problems upon yourself and your son is paying the price.

--------------------
If you air your dirty linen in public, expect people to comment on the skid marks!

english7
Carpal \'Tunnel

#783287 - 04/17/12 06:10 PM

Soooo, you got to talk to your son on the phone. I take it it was not too late to discuss the very important matter. Nothing disastrous happened because you could not talk to him immediately, but a few minutes later.

You should have said it was an emergency? If it were, I have no doubt that is exactly what you would have said, but it was not an emergency, was it?

It is the principal's job to educate, yes. It is also her job to have control, to discipline, to deal with irate parents. Teachers say the hardest part of teaching is not the students, but the parents.

And, yes, ISS DID have something to do with it, but you just wanted your way, right away.

She was in charge in that school at that time with a student who was being disciplined. You were not in charge.

Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

#783288 - 04/17/12 06:12 PM

How would someone elses child going to the office to make a phone call from the lunch room interupt my child's education?

---> Which has what to do with my response? You did say 'we' and 'our own children' so I thought we were talking about everyone.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | >> (show all)

Extra information
2 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating: *
Topic views: 4445

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: