Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Financial Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
CrystalnGA
recently joined

Reged: 04/16/12
Dependant wife needs to pay an attorney,
      #783178 - 04/16/12 12:31 PM

In the past 3 years I have discovered that my husband is not who he portrayed himself to be and he has lied to me on many issues, including his work and how he is paid. I have known him and his family for 30yrs and we lived together 2yrs and have been married 10yrs. He will not help me, pay bills (until cut-off notice arrives), spends his paycheck throughout week on as he says it "what he wants" on drugs, alcohol, lotto addiction, and I suspect hookers. He gives me very little cash, if any, and makes sure I have no gas in the old, needs repair car we have. He has not always been so selfish. We started dating when my daughter was 1 month old and since he never had kids was thrilled to be her daddy and she knows the truth but loves her daddy. When he started working for someone that will give him his wants all week because my husband is a hard worker, and he is making his boss alot of money, and knows my husband will kiss his Butt, and that he can work him 50 - 70 hours a week without my husband complaining that his pay is wrong, and my husband will put him above EVERYONE. I do not know what he actually makes but I know its more than he tells me and I keep up with his hours and do my own calculating of what should be coming into our home. My husband does not bring home a fraction of it. He is so into Himself and keeping his provider/boss happy, and does care at all about me or my daughter anymore. I've waited 2 yrs for the man I married to return to his body, but now I realize I may have never known this man. All attorney's want the large retainer paid, but I have noone else and my husband don't give me money anymore and I cannot save. I am Bipolar, he has always been aware of it, and he is trying to hurt me mentally and emotionally cause he knows I love him and he can, to push me into a bad episode or into wanting to hurt myself, he has done it many times and i KNOW now he does this on purpose. I desperately NEED to get away from him but with no income I am living with him but not same bedroom, I cannot hire an attorney or get a court order for spousal support and He will not help me under the same roof now or if I find somwhere to go at all. He now will not agree to anything even if I could afford to do-it-myself divorce and will fight it since he has "connections"(His provider is connected and wealthy) and I am afraid of unfair treatment in this state because of all the money and people (connections) his boss has. I dont know what to do but I know I have to get away from him. My life as well as my Diabetic Daughter's life is threatened, not by him for me cause he can make me hurt myself, but when she wakes up with extremely high sugar cause he gave her a candy bar the night before after I was asleep, I knew I had to find a way. Please advise me. I am alone and crushed and if he hurts her I will do something to him that may ruin my life. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. Any helpful advice or resources I can get will be APPRECIATED greatly.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
finz
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/17/08
Re: Dependant wife needs to pay an attorney, [Re: CrystalnGA]
      #784134 - 04/30/12 10:58 PM

Are you seeing a counselor to help you with your biploar issues ?

You need to get a job so that you can support yourself.

Can you get a credit card advance to pay the lawyer's retainer until you have income ?

finz
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/17/08
Re: Dependant wife needs to pay an attorney, [Re: finz]
      #784135 - 04/30/12 11:00 PM

Your 12 yo is old enough to understand what a candy bar will do to her bs.

CarolAnita
recently joined

Reged: 03/08/12
Re: Dependant wife needs to pay an attorney, [Re: CrystalnGA]
      #787177 - 06/21/12 03:57 PM

Find a woman's shelter and go there. They will help you.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2202

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: