Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Parenting Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
shawnmc

Reged: 04/06/06
how to reach my girls
      #98318 - 04/06/06 08:15 PM

I've had visitation with my 3 daughters 9, 12 and 14 for the past 3 years. The l4 d won't speak or see me. The l2 year old is so involved with sports that her mother got her interested in it's crazy. She has practice and games and it interferes with my time with her. She doesn't understand that I am more important than the sports. We go to church together but I don't think they really like it. I only approve of them visiting with other Christian kids but her mother let's them go with their school friends. I don't even know who these people are, I just know that are not Christians because they don't go to my church. I've done family Bible sessions with them since they were little (mother never involved) but they don't seen interested. They keep sneeking off listening to rap and hip-hop music which I do not condone. They are living a life that I don't approve of. Can anyone help me. do you think I have a chance of getting full physical custody of them because mom drinks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Buckeye
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/08/05
Loc: OH
Re: how to reach my girls [Re: shawnmc]
      #98336 - 04/06/06 08:24 PM

Forget it, you sound like you are part of a cult. "I only want them with other Christian kids and ONLY if they go to MY church. I don't condone rap and hip-hop. I don't approve of their lifestyle".

I don't think there is any chance you will get custody and as thing progress, even less chance that the kids will even want to be with you.

Melody
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: California
Not if I was the judge [Re: shawnmc]
      #98352 - 04/06/06 08:33 PM

What the heck is it with these "Christians" that they feel they are better than others and that their children may not associate with other who are NOT Christian. Tell me, is that one of the teachings of Christ? I'm curious and I await your resonse with eager anticipation.

shawnmc

Re: how to reach my girls [Re: Buckeye]
      #98366 - 04/06/06 08:43 PM

Yea, I've been trying to get full custody of them for 3 years and the courts just don't listen to me. I have a Christian attorney but nothing is helping. My x is a drunk I even have witnesses that saw her drink wine at a dinner party in l999..nothing will hold up in court. But Bucky, you are just like my x. Cultish church..I belong to a family of believers and I want my children to grow up and become great Christian women. I don't think this is happening and it's so frustrating to not seeing them walk the walk with the Lord. My x is really screwing them up with all the secular trends and traditions.

Buckeye
Carpal \'Tunnel

#98375 - 04/06/06 08:48 PM

I think she should get a no visitation order against you IMMEDIATELY.

Did you ever stop and think that IT IS YOU that is wrong?

Oh, wow, you have witnesses that saw her drink wine at a dinner party in 1999 - that hardly makes her a drunk.

shawnmc

#98388 - 04/06/06 08:57 PM

Melody, you sound a little angry with me. But yes, the bible teaches us to gather with our own kind not unbelievers. Just as the Bible tells not to marry non-believers as we will be unequally yolked. But seriously, my girls have half naked pictures of Usher on their walls. Would you like if your kids did that. Their mother has been shunned from our church the minute she started these divorce proceedings--doesn't that tell you something. And, she pulled them out of their Christian School. There's nothing I can do about that. It's just awful them going to public school. the influences are destroying them.

Buckeye
Carpal \'Tunnel

#98392 - 04/06/06 09:00 PM

And tell me exactly, who did Jesus gather with - tax collectors, whores, all the rejects of the day. He gathered them all to him unlike you and your church, who deny everyone. Really sad that you even think you are a Christian. Remember, the Bible also states, "judge not that you may also not be judged, AND found lacking".

shawnmc

#98410 - 04/06/06 09:11 PM

That is true about Jesus but I'm not judging anyone I'm just stating the facts. But when it gets back to my daughters being raised the way they are--there is my problem. I try to remind them about who they are and who they should be when they grow up. But the influences are killing me. If you could see how dedicated my middle daughter is to basketball--that is worshipping an idol. that's all she wants to do. And guess who got her involved with that?????

Buckeye
Carpal \'Tunnel

#98416 - 04/06/06 09:15 PM

YOU are judging people - you have already said that. You are not really following the example of Jesus. You are using that as an excuse.

You are fighting a losing battle and the more you do, the more you are going to lose them.

Loving basketball is NOT worshipping an idol.

No court is going to let you have custody based on these facts. They might even give you less visitation because they may see you as a kook.

shawnmc

#98465 - 04/07/06 12:22 AM

You can't be serious. She is choosing sports over seeing her dad. Her mom put her up to this and then she just took off with it. Remember, these are kids she is playing with that I do not know!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 20719

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: