Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

State Specific Community Forums >> Tennessee Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
2DDad
recently joined

Reged: 09/18/06
One person wants out the other Doesn't.
      #148718 - 09/21/06 09:11 AM

Long STory short, I have made the decision to divorce my wife, we have been unhappily married for 5 years and together for 7 in total. We have 2 young Children together and argue infront of them all the time. I ahve just really emotionally shut down and do not want to remain married to my wife any more. We are attempting counselling but I am pretty sure it's to little too late. She doesn't believe in Divorce and is unwilling to let go. I am pretty sick to my stomach about the fact that she has feelings for me that I do not reciprocate.. How can I help her move on? I don't hate her, I still love her, I am just not in love with her adn do not want to drag this on any longer...

WTD?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Geneva

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: TN
Re: One person wants out the other Doesn't. [Re: 2DDad]
      #149036 - 09/22/06 07:49 AM

I was married the first time at 18( too young) anyway I felt the same way you do. We tried to work it out but we were two different people. Anyway we were married three years with one child when I filed for divorce he didn't want it but I insisted. The judge ordered that the divorce be delayed for 30 days to try and reconcile because x did not want divorce. But that was 14 years ago I don't know how it works now when one person doesn't want it.

I quess my point is yes it will be very painful for her at first, but in the long run she will be better off to find soemone that will care for her the way she cares for them. She is being cheated out of her happiness if the feelings are not mutual. And as for the children I think they would be better off with two peaceful loving parents who are apart as to deal with the tension and pain of seeing their parents fighting all the time.

It was painful for my x but we both have new spouses. more children and he even has a step-grandson. I believe he's happy. (I know I am) we would have been misereable if we had stayed together.

Good Luck, hope this rambling helped

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6400

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: