Divorce Source Community Forums >> Stepfamily Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Renee
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: The Palmetto State
Sex offenders
      #202873 - 02/22/07 07:39 PM

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a significant increase in posters who are trying to work thru a situation where there is a sex offender or ex-con involved?

Some of the situations sound so similar; I wish they'd turn the lights back on, or monitor the registration process tighter.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Third rock from the sun
Re: Sex offenders [Re: Renee]
      #202909 - 02/22/07 09:55 PM

It's February...short month and people are suffering from cabin fever.

When someone says that their ex is dating/living/marrying a "sex offender"...I always try to find out what the exact "offense" is because the extremes the laws have gone to now days. Like there is a guy in Ohio who is a "sex offender"...because after he almost hit a 12 year-old who ran out in front of his car, he grabbed the girl to make sure she was ok. The girl freaked...ran home and instead telling her parents that she was stupid...said some man tried to grab here. It all got sorted out in the end, but unforunately...in Ohio..."unlawful restraint of a minor" is a "sex offense".

Having sex with a minor is a "sex offense"...does matter if it's a 40 year-old pervert with a 8 year-old or a 19 year-old with a 17 year-old. Hell...two consenting adults having sex at midnight in the backseat at a park could be convicted and labeled as "sex offenders" if park gets a lot of kids.

Having a "criminal background"...again, details. I was arrested and charged with "misdeomeaner assault"...I slapped my ex-fiance when he call me the c*nt...I was trying to move out and he got mad.

People make mistakes...people are stupid. I have a friend who was drunk and high and got behind the wheel...driver in the car he hit died and he was charged with "vehicular manslaughter" and spent 7 years in prison. When he and his wife were going through a divorce...MUCH was made of the fact that he was a "murderer" and "used cocaine". The Judge threw it all out...said it was wrong to use it against him when she had full knowledge of his "crime" BEFORE she married and had children. Also...it happened when he was 22...he was 49 and hadn't had so much as a parking ticket since then.

--------------------
If you air your dirty linen in public, expect people to comment on the skid marks!

Runswithscissors
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 05/29/04
Re: Sex offenders [Re: Renee]
      #202912 - 02/22/07 09:58 PM

Renee,

I am with you... to me.. there are WAY too many new people and there are some that have admitted to being a troll... that we've responded to before with answers... and they've admitted to going out and trying to find a new name... with that said... I don't waste my time on anyone I haven't "known" for a year or so..... I will respond to their questions.. but I am not going to beat my head on the wall with effort and help.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1253

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: