Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Domestic Violence/Abuse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
almostheaven
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: West Virginia
Re: i need advice wife is falsely claiming abuse [Re: armydad1]
      #325376 - 11/26/07 09:11 PM

The reports and statements will show that she outright light, that nothing was proven, that in fact it couldn't have happened as she stated as there was no bruising on her face, as her story kept changing, and as a witness was there to refute everything she's said.

--------------------
Char Fox

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Sherron
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/25/06
Re: i need advice wife is falsely claiming abuse [Re: almostheaven]
      #334336 - 12/19/07 12:51 PM

"her claim is domestic abuse to both her and our child and our family dog."

I'm sorry, I know this isn't funny, but she is claiming dv against the FAMILY DOG?? This woman has truly lost her marbles.

Renee
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: The Palmetto State
Re: i need advice wife is falsely claiming abuse [Re: Sherron]
      #335986 - 12/24/07 05:59 PM

If her story were true, she wouldn't have lost her marbles. Abusers will use any target available to them when they're enraged. My own father was abusive and when mom was too sick, and he was too unsure if I would put up with it, he'd go after the family dog. He actually shot one of them once - luckily he was a lousy shot.

Amazingly, and sadly enough, if she had proof of his mistreating the animal THOSE charges would be easier to convict on.

guerino1
addict

Reged: 01/14/08
Re: i need advice wife is falsely claiming abuse [Re: Relayer]
      #346494 - 01/16/08 11:38 AM

Hi ArmyDad1,

I feel for you. My wife did exactly the same thing!

In my case, we argued and during the argument, I found that she had a recording device on her, under her collar. (It was a blinking red light that tipped me off She was intentionally trying to incite me to argue so she could use it against me.) Anyhow, I went to grab the device (which I learned later is also considered assault) and she tried to pull it away from me, striking me and scratching me while she did so. Luckily I was the one with marks and the police wouldn't arrest me because she had no marks on her and her story was so violent that the police obviously saw that there was no correlation between her story and reality.

However, the damage was done. She was able to get a temporary restraining order and there was no going back into the marital home because, if I did, I knew she would lie again and it would be worse. Luckily, I was able to get one against her, too, as well as file assault charges against her. However, if I went back, maybe the next time she would inflict self-harm and then claim it was me. Who knows what this lunatic would do next? I did know enough to realize that I could not go back. However, I had to give up everything... access to the marital home, all assets, etc., while the divorce is now going on. To make such a decision, you instantly put yourself into a situation of being homeless and treated very much like a criminal.

Sadly, I found out that this is all because of money. She was copying all my business documents in an attempt to set herself up to take part of my business, spending huge quantities of the marital assets deceptively, and setting herself up to try and maximize her alimony amount. She even waited until there was no money left to spend before acting on all of this. She also copy-catted exactly what her sister had done to her own husband, a few years before. They really turned out to be a big family of amoral dirt-bags.

The best situation is for me to simply deal with the divorce the best I can, move on, and realize how good life will be once this low-life piece of dirt is out of my and my children's lives. Hopefully, I will learn from my mistakes and help others avoid making the same ones I have. I'm thinking of starting a charitable organization to help other people avoid such situations and deal with them, once they occur. We'll see.

Sadly the legal system has huge loopholes in its domestic violence handling. Any person, man or woman, that is like my dirtbag wife, if taught the loopholes, can simply take advantage of them and make your life hell while you go through the process.

I still don't know how it will all turn out. We're still, very much, at the beginning of the whole process and all I can say is that it's very ugly and very unfair.

My best to you and your child. I hope you can get everything resolved in a healthy manner and I hope you can move on and re-establish your life as quickly and as successfully as possible.

Frank G.

Edited by guerino1 (01/16/08 12:03 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7510

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: