Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 12/31/05
OT-how rare / perjury in divorce
      #291671 - 09/17/07 07:34 AM

News tips & feedbackFinal chapter in divorce case: perjury conviction
By CLYNTON NAMUO
New Hampshire Union Leader Correspondent
Saturday, Sep. 15, 2007

DOVER Lying about a nonexistent pregnancy during a messy divorce may land a local woman in jail for up to seven years.

Brianne Sexton, 28, was convicted of perjury this week in Strafford County Superior Court for testifying during her divorce hearings that she was pregnant with triplets, even providing a false sonogram to back up the claim, when she was in fact not.

Sexton's conviction for perjury, a felony punishable by up to seven years in prison and a $4,000 fine, comes during a years-long contentious divorce and custody fight between her and Dennis Antaya.

Antaya is the father of Sexton's two sons, and the couple share custody.

During the divorce proceedings, which began in 2002, Sexton made numerous unfounded allegations against Antaya, including that he abused and neglected their children and that he was terrorist. At one point, Sexton also claimed to have had breast cancer. All of the allegations were later deemed false.

Sexton's perjury conviction stems from a January 2005 hearing in which she claimed to be seven months pregnant with triplets.

Marital Master Stephanie Nute questioned the claim during the hearing, saying Sexton looked "extremely slim," but Sexton said that was a result of a previous bout with anorexia.

"It was clearly apparent that Brianne Sexton was not pregnant with any child at the time of that hearing," Nute wrote of the January hearing in an October 2005 order. "The Master placed her under oath and asked her directly if she was, in fact, pregnant with any child or three children and she responded yes. The Master does not believe that was truthful. Shortly thereafter, her attorney withdrew."

Antaya and the state Division for Children, Youth & Families also questioned Sexton's pregnancy claims.

In the same October 2005 order, Nute questioned Sexton's psychological state because, among other things, Sexton falsely reported to U.S. marshals that Antaya, who worked for a railroad, planned to derail a train. Sexton herself was later arrested for lying to police.

Sexton's psychological state has become a significant factor in the divorce and decisions over who would get custody of her two children, even as Antaya worked and Sexton did not.

"In a 'normal' case, the fact that one parent was available most of the time and that the other parent worked a significant period of time and was away from the children would argue that the available parent should have more parenting time," Nute wrote in a September 2006 order. "Unfortunately, there is nothing normal about this case."

Sexton is expected to be sentenced within 60 days of her conviction Wednesday, but a date had not been set as of yesterday.

--------------------
Careful. We don't want to learn from this.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Relayer
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 03/13/07
Loc: Moorglade Mover
Re: OT-how rare / perjury in divorce [Re: googledad]
      #291725 - 09/17/07 09:46 AM

I'll bet money she is senteced to nothing but couseling..

Lets keep our eye on this one

And if you noticed, she lied and has been convicted of it (during a custody/divorce trial) yet the STILL share custody..

oye vey

--------------------
GO CUBBIES!!!!

Edited by Relayer (09/17/07 09:47 AM)

M5M5
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 07/29/05
Re: OT-how rare / perjury in divorce [Re: Relayer]
      #291940 - 09/17/07 03:07 PM

Wow. My Dh's ex was sentenced to jail for 10 days for perjury. She served 5 and was on probation for 2 years...if she messed up again, she would go back to jail for her remaining 5 days and possibly more. Man those 2 years...she was on good behavior.

Tweeby
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/05/04
Re: OT-how rare / perjury in divorce [Re: Relayer]
      #291953 - 09/17/07 03:57 PM

No she shouldn't get just counseling, she needs jail time. Sorry but this woman was trying to ruin her ex by lying. If it comes out that she has mental problems than Dad needs to have custody and Mom needs to be supervised with the children until her condition is under control. If she doesn't have a mental problem than Dad STILL should get custody and have Mom have supervised parenting time until she can learn how to behave.

IMHO, any parent who tries to destroy the other parent with lies needs to lose custody.

bettroffred
recently joined

Reged: 02/08/08
Re: OT-how rare / perjury in divorce [Re: googledad]
      #357974 - 02/08/08 08:58 AM

Stratham woman found guilty of faking pregnancy

By THOMAS R. KRESSLER
Democrat Staff Writer
tkressler@fosters.com

Article Date: Thursday, September 13, 2007
DOVER A woman who went to great lengths to convince court officials that she was pregnant with triplets was found guilty of perjury in Strafford County Superior Court Wednesday.

Following a day-and-a-half long trial, a jury returned the guilty verdict against 28-year-old Brianne Sexton at about 1:45 p.m. Sexton will face between 3.5 to 7 years in prison and a $4,000 fine for lying about being pregnant. A sentencing hearing will be scheduled within 60 days.

Sexton, of 10 Humes Court, Stratham, stated she was pregnant with triplets and provided a phony ultrasound during a custody hearing on Jan. 20, 2005, prosecutors said. The claim arose as part of a lengthy custody fight between Sexton and Dennis W. Antaya, the father of her two young children.

According to court papers, Sexton told marital master Stephanie Nute, while under oath at the Jan. 20 hearing, that she was seven months pregnant with one boy and two identical twin girls. She also produced a fabricated sonogram.

Sexton was not pregnant at all.

In other court documents, Nute stated Sexton had been engaged in a pattern of falsifying medical records, and at one point claimed to have been treated for breast cancer, which proved to be false. She also faked going into labor twice prior to the disputed custody hearing, court papers say.

This week's trial was presided over by Judge Peter Fauver. Sexton was represented by attorney Stephen Gaige, of the Dover-based Coolidge Law [censored], and Assistant County Attorney Tom Miscio was the prosecutor.

She got a year, with good behavior, she'll serve 4 mons. 2 yrs probation after she's out. Dad has temp full custody. She has been busy though,

Stratham woman indicted on fraud charges
By Jennifer Feals

January 29, 2008 6:00 AM
STRATHAM A local woman was indicted on charges that she posed as an Exeter lawyer in order to obtain money and forged confidential settlement agreements.

Brianne Sexton, 28, of 10 Humes Court, Stratham, was indicted Jan. 8 on two counts each of identity fraud, attempted theft by deception and forgery.

Sexton is to be arraigned in Rockingham County Superior Court on Thursday at 1 p.m.

The indictment reads that Sexton allegedly committed the crimes around Aug. 3 and 6.

It states that Sexton allegedly posed as lawyer Sharon Rondeau to two businesses specializing in pre-settlement litigation financing, with the purpose of defrauding money. In addition, it alleges that Sexton faxed a confidential settlement agreement to both businesses, Whitehaven and Law Cash, purporting to be a settlement agreement with Children's Hospital Boston and Crico Insurance in an amount greater than $1,000 with the purpose of committing theft by deception.

Sexton was arrested in Exeter on Aug. 7, 2007 on two counts of identity fraud, both felony charges, after an investigation by Exeter police detectives.

RockbandHero
recently joined

Reged: 03/03/08
Re: OT-how rare / perjury in divorce [Re: bettroffred]
      #369054 - 03/03/08 02:49 AM

Wow, I was really shocked to see this. I keep up with this case, because Dennis is my brother. Just a few facts, it actually isn't a divorce case. Strictly family court issues. They were never married. This woman is crazy. Seriously crazy. She has been terrorizing my family since I was about 11. I'm 19 now. Some of the things she has done are unbelievable. She's accused just about everyone in my family of sexually assaulting the children, she claimed my 80 year old grandmother assaulted her and had her and my mom arrested, but they dropped the charges when they realized she was lying.

Brianne has been going to counseling, or so she claims. She clearly wasn't though. The things she's done are just so...horrid, and there are just too many things to mention. You know, one of the kids, Sean isn't even my brothers. He doesn't even know that. she convinced my brother it was his, and just a few years ago it was proved that he wasn't. I feel so bad for the kid.

She use to be able to have days with the kids, but they stopped because she was being really reckless when she had them, and stalking my brother.

I'm just surprised to see this on a message board. I'm glad other people can see that she is a psycho, because that's the only word I can use to describe her, that doesn't include profanity.

Oh, if you want more information, look up her father, Kevin Sexton. CFO of Foss manufacturing or something like that. Her family is rich, and the company her dad worked for was investigated for something or other.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 35 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4632

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: