Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Domestic Violence/Abuse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
rogerisright
recently joined

Reged: 02/17/08
Loc: Oregon
Men now you can harness the power of VAWA !!!
      #438754 - 08/12/08 02:39 AM

The family law reform movement, i.e. father's rights, has tried to make the Parenting Act more "fair" and less "biased." But the only ones ever complaining were men, who because of the gender-neutral language of the Parenting Act, thought they had an equal shot at getting custody of their children. But the Parenting Act, with all its good intentions, can't change the basic nature of men and women.

The Parenting Act recognized parenting functions as important and even anticipated that men might be able to do them once in a while. It's clear to me now, fathers just aren't qualified to parent their children without intense supervision by the mothers, or some fundamental change in the nature of men that would qualify them to be custodial parents.

So, rather than continue a losing battle to reform the Parenting Act to make it more (father) friendly, I've decided that the only way to make any progress is to change the way fathers function, both before and during divorce. Everything they need to get custody of their children is right there in the Parenting Act. It's been there all along, and women have used it to the hilt for years. It's time for men to stop whining about reform, step up to the plate and show that they are just as capable of being the best parent. There's no bias in the system, just laziness and incompetence. Fathers, how can you use the existing Parenting Act to get custody of your children? Make the Parenting Act work for you. Millions of women have been happy to accept the benefits of the culture of victimization. It's almost intoxicating, being exalted, praised, and getting all the attention, but none of the blame.

ADVICE FOR MEN
Men can get these same benefits too. First, find your inner victim. Start seeing a counselor who can help you recover memories of being abused. Dig deep down into your psyche. You were abused by your parents, siblings, grandparents, teachers, coaches, family dog, cat, ferret, and now, by your spouse. Wallow in your life-long suffering. Courts love to give custody to damaged people.Discover the efficacy of pre-divorce tactics. Call 911 whenever you feel "afraid" of your spouse. Cry rape whenever she demands sex. Call your friends and family constantly and report her unrelenting abuse. You'll need their declarations in court later. Get in her face and provoke her into punching you (or just say she did; remember no evidence is required when you're the victim). Have her arrested and removed from the family home, then go get a domestic violence protection order to keep her away.Before you and your spouse separate, quit your job and go on unemployment for as long as possible. Cite job stress, nebulous medical problems, or the need to "find yourself." Then you can claim you are the "primary caretaker," assuring you can win custody over your two-job-holding wife.

Get in touch with your feminine side. Stay home all day and watch Oprah and Martha Stewart. Start talking about potpourri and decoupage. For that extra touch, start cross-dressing. Just don't take your wife's clothes. Go buy your own. No one will criticize your alternative lifestyle. Have your children start calling you "mommy." No matter what ideas your wife comes up with, or how well she does things, constantly criticize and demean her for her incompetence. Complain about how she doesn't make enough money. By the time the divorce starts, she'll be too depressed and dejected to go for custody.

Overdraw the checking account by thousands of dollars, then claim your wife is abusive and controlling when she never lets you touch the checkbook again. If you're having an affair and get caught, immediately accuse your wife of domestic violence.

Get her arrested and tossed out of the house. Then move your girlfriend in. Be sure your girlfriend uses your wife's treasured personal things and redecorates immediately. Encourage your children to start calling your live-in "mom." Go to their school and take their mother off the contact card. Tell them she is an abuser and not to let her near the children.

Go to court and get child support from your wife, based on when she was working two jobs to get the family out of the mountain of debt you helped run up. Continue to avoid employment at all costs, and spend the child support check on booze, gambling and internet auctions of collectible cabbage-patch dolls.

If your true nature does come out during this process (i.e. your intrinsic domestic violence tendencies), all is not lost. If you slap, scratch, bite, or knee your wife in the groin, use one of these sure-fire excuses to evade any consequences:"I was only defending myself from HER abuse; I'M the real victim here""She taunted me into hitting her""It didn't hurt her anyway""Lee Press-On Nails are not weapons"

Once you have obtained a protection/no-contact order against your wife, call her constantly, then report her to the police for violating the order. When you can't get red wine stains from your alcoholic binges out of the upholstery, call your wife and sweetly ask her to come over and help. After she has successfully gotten the spots out, get into an argument loud enough for the neighbors to hear, so they'll call 911 and get her arrested. When she protests that you invited her over, insist that she constantly pressures you to let her come back. Remember, you are the victim of domestic violence and can do no wrong.
And don't worry about that pesky Rule 11 or signing declarations under penalty of perjury. Blatant lying is rampant in the family courts, and never punished. Why else is it referred to as Liar's Court or the Perjury Calendar?If, after you have successfully thrown your wife out of the family home, gotten her on trumped-up domestic violence charges, and messed with her mind, she still might try to go for shared parenting. Not to worry. Ensure that shared parenting will never be allowed by sabotaging cooperation and constantly creating conflict. Oh, and be sure to blame her for it.

Even though you've spent most of the years of your marriage saying "Yes Dear" to your wife, now your stock response is No, No, No. No matter what she does, says, or wants, it's wrong. She wants more time with the children? NO. She wants to participate in their school and extracurricular activities? NO. She wants to talk to them on the telephone? NO!Be assured that accountability of the custodial parent is not part of this process.

When the children end up on drugs, pregnant or in jail by the age of 15, you still get to blame the non-custodial parent. Just repeat the mantra that if it weren't for her years of child abuse and domestic violence, the children wouldn't have turned out that way. If things get really bad, agree to sign custody over to her, but on condition that you don't have to pay child support.So, there you have it. There's absolutely nothing whatsoever wrong with the Parenting Act as it exists today. You can get anything you want. You just have to know how to use it to your advantage. Reform anyone?

"When there are no victims, there are no abusers. When there are no abusers, there are no bogeymen. When there are no bogeymen, there are no politicians drumming up hysteria that only drastic government intervention can abate. Save the Victims."

reprinted with permission from http://www.realfamilylaw.com

:D [b]ADVICE FOR MEN[/b]

--------------------
Love...Trust...Forgiveness these are not feelings ....these are Choices....and they are verbs!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Relayer
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 03/13/07
Loc: Moorglade Mover
Re: Men now you can harness the power of VAWA !!! [Re: rogerisright]
      #438872 - 08/12/08 11:29 AM

scarcasm abounds...unfortunetely it's ALL true

--------------------
GO CUBBIES!!!!

javajunkiee
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/08
Loc: SC
Re: Men now you can harness the power of VAWA !!! [Re: Relayer]
      #440344 - 08/16/08 07:10 AM

In situations where its true, the women are an embarassment to my gender.

--------------------
Marriage doesn't come with a money-back guarantee.

motorboater
old hand

Reged: 03/14/08
Re: Men now you can harness the power of VAWA !!! [Re: javajunkiee]
      #440354 - 08/16/08 08:43 AM

About 2/3 of it applies to my ex.

Relayer
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Men now you can harness the power of VAWA !!! [Re: javajunkiee]
      #441105 - 08/18/08 06:07 PM

[quote]In situations where its true, the women are an embarassment to my gender. [/quote]

Almost all the situations are true however. The easiest way to see it are the various charges women are charged with when committing crimminal acts and THRN the sentence they receive. God, I hate horny judges when they decide case law.

--------------------
GO CUBBIES!!!!

javajunkiee
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/08
Loc: SC
Relayer ---- [Re: Relayer]
      #441141 - 08/18/08 08:19 PM

I can understand, wait, no, I can identify with how pissed off you are over your particular situation Relayer. I also agree that there are definitely some ridiculous, spoiled women out there with entitlement issues. If you would humor me though, would you answer a question for me?

Is there any case where a woman claims abuse that you might actually believe? I'm not being a smart ass here; I'm legitimately asking the question. I have seen you post responses where you express an understanding and compassion for a situation, but when it comes to abuse situations you seem predisposed to NOT believe it occurred. Of course, I'm coming from my own experiences which cause me to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

So what's the deal? What makes you think a claim is bogus as opposed to truthful? FTR, I'm not trying to convert your way of thinking, I'm merely trying to understand a view that is the polar opposite of my own.

--------------------
Marriage doesn't come with a money-back guarantee.

Relayer
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Relayer ---- [Re: javajunkiee]
      #441306 - 08/19/08 11:42 AM

[quote]

Is there any case where a woman claims abuse that you might actually believe? I'm not being a smart ass here; I'm legitimately asking the question. I have seen you post responses where you express an understanding and compassion for a situation, but when it comes to abuse situations you seem predisposed to NOT believe it occurred. Of course, I'm coming from my own experiences which cause me to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

So what's the deal? What makes you think a claim is bogus as opposed to truthful? FTR, I'm not trying to convert your way of thinking, I'm merely trying to understand a view that is the polar opposite of my own. [/quote]

I think it happens but I don't think it happens in the frequency reported here. I also do not think verbal abuse is abuse. No one is holding you there. I think it is used way too often as false ammo in divorce proceedings. And then, what consitutes abuse? I myself was a victim of domestic violence in a horrible manner but when someone starts a conversation about not getting CS or that they are in disagreement about parenting time and 3 post later, all of a sudden, the husband abused her, I simply dont believe it happened. Not one bit. I am quite sure they had an OP issued but did so on the advice of their lawyer or friend who did it.

I would say a majority of claims, on and off the board, are false.

And a good number of times, the poster could very well have started it herself and I believe a person has a right to defend themselves. However, the law does not see it that way. If you are a man, and your spouse has a scratch on her, you are going to jail. I took many beatings knowing that and didn't fight back at all and all I have to show from that are a couple of deep scars on my face..the cops saw the cuts and blood on the wall and gave me a dometic violence brochure not one but twice..I finally called them after the 30th beating or so

yet....

I was subject to an OP and loss of my kids for 6 months because I said "fnck" to my ex from a hospital bed during an arugement.

I also know FIRST HAND if you are male, the county domestic abuse force will do little or nothing to help you.

If someone really had the crap beat out of them, it would be the first order of business. And I think OP's for verbal stuff is totally ridiculous and meant to enrich the legal profession

As a victim myself, I can tell if it really happened or not.

And the excuse of "I didn't want to put all my dirty laundry etc" out there right away is a BS excuse and DV would be the first order of business.

I can tell which are real and which aren't, simply by the tone of the writing. And of course, women NEVER start it or even do it to men.

--------------------
GO CUBBIES!!!!

rogerisright
recently joined

Re: Relayer ---- [Re: Relayer]
      #441501 - 08/19/08 04:48 PM

In short relayer ...like the little boy no one believed who hollered wolf all the time ...the answer is no ...not very many of them...if any. Too bad women have used it and abused the stystem too many times and now they will slowly be losing it as the rest of the well meaning world wakes up ....

Just for fun though here is a transacript of an emergency call to an abuse hotline by one of the 40% of all abuse claim victims ...the man

Here is an example of a phone call by a man to a domestic violence hotline after he has just been assaulted by his wife ....let's call her "large and in charge marge"..."built like a barge with the sting of a depth charge" the federal government's own statistics showing nearly 40 per cent of domestic violence victims are men

Realistically, asserting domestic violence claims against women is not an effective tactic for men.

Everyone knows that men can't possibly be victims of domestic violence.

If he claims he is a victim, he's lying.

If he has injuries, he got them from the woman defending herself against his abuse.

If he's dead, she was a Battered Woman who killed him in self-defense (even with 52 stab wounds in the back).

If you are a man who thinks he is a victim of domestic violence, call the local domestic violence hotline, and tell them what has happened to you. The conversation should go something like this:

HOTLINE: Domestic violence hotline, can I help you?

MAN: Um, I think I might need some help.

HOTLINE: What kind of help?

MAN: Well, my wife gets really angry and screams at me, and sometimes she hits me.

HOTLINE: Do you have any proof of that?

MAN: Well, no, she does it when no one else is around. She also threatens me that if I ever tell anyone, she'll take our son and leave, and tell the police I've been beating her up and sexually abusing him.

HOTLINE: What did you do to make her so angry at you?

MAN: Nothing. She's constantly critical of everything I do. She's extremely jealous, calling me all day checking up on me. She accuses me of having an affair whenever I even talk to some other woman. And she won't let me spend hardly any time with our son. She says I'm not good enough taking care of him.

HOTLINE: You must have done something to make her mad enough to hit you, that is, if she really did hit you.

MAN: The last time it happened I told her I wanted a divorce, and I wanted to have equal custody of our son. She screamed and swore at me, pushed me against the kitchen counter then started pounding on my chest.

HOTLINE: Well it didn't hurt you or anything.

MAN: I don't know, I was just trying to get away.

HOTLINE: Did you grab her or push her away?

MAN: I yelled at her to stop it. She got madder and madder, and just kept hitting me. Finally I grabbed her arms to get her to stop, pushed her back and ran out of the room.

HOTLINE: So you did assault her. Did she call 911?

MAN: No, she ran after me, grabbed my arm and hit me in the face with a meat tenderizer. I have a big red bumpy square mark on my right cheek. I told the guys at work I ran into a heating coil while I was working on the furnace.

HOTLINE: Well, we can definitely help you. Number one, don't report any of this to the police. It will only inflame your wife and escalate the situation. Two, you need to move out, so your wife can have some personal space without you around. Obviously, your presence makes her angry and she can't be a good mother when you're creating such a hostile environment. Three, you need to go to counseling to control your inappropriate behavior. Violence against women is always wrong, and you have no right to touch her ever, for any reason. We have several batterers' programs in this area that will know just how to deal with your controlling, abusive, violent nature. Men like you are always in denial, always blaming the woman for your actions. You need to be held accountable for your abuse of her. I just hope that you have not permanently damaged your son by demonstrating that violence is how to get your way.

MAN: Batterers' treatment? I've never battered her. She's the one who batters me.

HOTLINE: Don't get uppity with me, buster. Guys like you get their way through brute force and intimidation. I'm not going to let you abuse me too. Now take down this number and get yourself into treatment before you hurt or kill more innocent women and children. 206-555-6666. Ask for the intake counselor and have your VISA or MasterCard ready.

MAN: OK, but shouldn't she go to some kind of treatment too?

HOTLINE: Of course, we have battered women's victim counseling, support groups, free housing, legal help, interior design services, discount car insurance, and dart boards with their husband's pictures on them available for our women clients here at the coven, er, shelter.

MAN: OK, thanks for the help, I guess.

HOTLINE: Thanks for calling the Domestic Violence Hotline. [Click].

Content for this page has been provided by your friendly local taxpayer-funded domestic violence advocates. More funding is always needed to help innocent abused women. Contact your state and federal lawmakers and demand increased appropriations for these programs.

Violence Against Women: When Billions is Not Enough.

--------------------
Love...Trust...Forgiveness these are not feelings ....these are Choices....and they are verbs!

rogerisright
recently joined

Re: Men now you can harness the power of VAWA !!! [Re: motorboater]
      #441509 - 08/19/08 04:57 PM

October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Most articles and public service announcements this month focus exclusively on female victims, while at the same time stereotyping all abusers as male. Federal laws such as the Violence Against Women Act codify gender discrimination and gender profiling. Women's advocates claim that virtually all domestic violence victims are women, therefore discrimination is justified. They repeat often-cited claims such as "the number one reason women age 16 to 40 end up in the emergency room is violence," "95 per cent of domestic violence is committed by men," and "the chance of being victimized by an intimate partner is 10 times greater for a woman than a man."

Yet these "statistics" cannot be verified and are repeatedly contradicted by both government and private studies. A Centers for Disease Control (CDC) report found the leading causes of women's injury-related emergency room visits are accidental falls, motor vehicle accidents, and accidental cuts. Homicide or injury purposely inflicted by others (including strangers and intimates), was the least likely cause, exceeded even by injuries due to animal bites and venomous plants. (National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 1992 Emergency Department Summary).

Proof that women are not the only victims of domestic violence appears in the 1998 Justice Department report "Intimate Partner Violence." Of 1830 domestic violence murders, 510, or almost 1/3, were men. The study also indicated that males are 13 per cent less likely to report being a victim of intimate violence than females. Another 1998 Justice Department report, "Violence Against Women Survey," found that while 1,309,061 women were assaulted by an intimate partner in the prior year, 834,732 men were victims of domestic violence, 39 per cent of the total.

Extensive research concludes that men and women are almost equally likely to initiate domestic violence (e.g. Strauss and Gelles, 1975 and 1985). While women may be more severely injured when domestic violence escalates, they can and do commit serious crimes of violence against men. Women's advocates continually downplay the existence of female violence. This obscures the fact that men are at risk of being victimized, and leaves them less prepared for the potential for violence against them.

Should an important public policy debate be about which sex is the most important victim? Should a female victim be more important than a male victim? Was Melanie Edwards (murdered by her husband in a divorce/custody battle) more important than Chuck Leonard (murdered by his wife in a divorce/custody battle)? Was Gertrudes Lamson (shot and killed by her husband) more important than Donyea Jones (doused with gasoline, set afire, and burned to death by his wife)?

Many male victims are ignored or ridiculed by a system that seems to recognize only female victims. When women are the abusers, they are more often than not given a pass. Recent cases I have personal experience with involve men who have been hit, punched, gouged, choked, and threatened with weapons by their spouses. Despite reports to police, none of the women were charged with crimes.

These local cases, and their numerous national counterparts, demonstrate that domestic violence is not the sole province of male perpetrators and female victims. Yet we are constantly told that women are the only ones at risk. Had there been more education about the potential for violence by both men and women, men like Chuck Leonard and Donyea Jones may have been able to take precautions and avoid a deadly risk.

Myths and distortions about male and female violence have no place in the debate about stopping domestic violence. Despite a continual barrage of reports about how epidemic domestic violence has become, the truth is that most men and women are law-abiding citizens, loving spouses and caring parents. The 1998 Intimate Partner Violence report indicates steep declines in domestic violence against both men and women. The Justice Department numbers cited above indicate that only 1.3 per cent of women (and .9 per cent of men) are actually victimized each year. Yet domestic violence advocates promote the myth that American women live in constant terror of violence from husbands or boyfriends. It is simply irresponsible to falsely demonize fully 50 per cent of the population, further fanning the flames of gender warfare.

During Domestic Violence Awareness Month, let's not let the zeal to protect one class of victims perpetuate a bias that unfairly stereotypes an entire gender. It is noble and well-meaning to advocate for female victims. Yet denying the existence of male victims of female violence demeans and ignores these victims, puts them at further risk, and reduces the likelihood that female abusers will be held accountable for their crimes.

--------------------

Relayer
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Relayer ---- [Re: rogerisright]
      #441598 - 08/19/08 08:23 PM

[quote]In short relayer ...like the little boy no one believed who hollered wolf all the time ...the answer is no ...not very many of them...if any. Too bad women have used it and abused the stystem too many times and now they will slowly be losing it as the rest of the well meaning world wakes up ....

Just for fun though here is a transacript of an emergency call to an abuse hotline by one of the 40% of all abuse claim victims ...the man

Here is an example of a phone call by a man to a domestic violence hotline after he has just been assaulted by his wife ....let's call her "large and in charge marge"..."built like a barge with the sting of a depth charge" the federal government's own statistics showing nearly 40 per cent of domestic violence victims are men

Realistically, asserting domestic violence claims against women is not an effective tactic for men.

Everyone knows that men can't possibly be victims of domestic violence.

If he claims he is a victim, he's lying.

If he has injuries, he got them from the woman defending herself against his abuse.

If he's dead, she was a Battered Woman who killed him in self-defense (even with 52 stab wounds in the back).

If you are a man who thinks he is a victim of domestic violence, call the local domestic violence hotline, and tell them what has happened to you. The conversation should go something like this:

HOTLINE: Domestic violence hotline, can I help you?

MAN: Um, I think I might need some help.

HOTLINE: What kind of help?

MAN: Well, my wife gets really angry and screams at me, and sometimes she hits me.

HOTLINE: Do you have any proof of that?

MAN: Well, no, she does it when no one else is around. She also threatens me that if I ever tell anyone, she'll take our son and leave, and tell the police I've been beating her up and sexually abusing him.

HOTLINE: What did you do to make her so angry at you?

MAN: Nothing. She's constantly critical of everything I do. She's extremely jealous, calling me all day checking up on me. She accuses me of having an affair whenever I even talk to some other woman. And she won't let me spend hardly any time with our son. She says I'm not good enough taking care of him.

HOTLINE: You must have done something to make her mad enough to hit you, that is, if she really did hit you.

MAN: The last time it happened I told her I wanted a divorce, and I wanted to have equal custody of our son. She screamed and swore at me, pushed me against the kitchen counter then started pounding on my chest.

HOTLINE: Well it didn't hurt you or anything.

MAN: I don't know, I was just trying to get away.

HOTLINE: Did you grab her or push her away?

MAN: I yelled at her to stop it. She got madder and madder, and just kept hitting me. Finally I grabbed her arms to get her to stop, pushed her back and ran out of the room.

HOTLINE: So you did assault her. Did she call 911?

MAN: No, she ran after me, grabbed my arm and hit me in the face with a meat tenderizer. I have a big red bumpy square mark on my right cheek. I told the guys at work I ran into a heating coil while I was working on the furnace.

HOTLINE: Well, we can definitely help you. Number one, don't report any of this to the police. It will only inflame your wife and escalate the situation. Two, you need to move out, so your wife can have some personal space without you around. Obviously, your presence makes her angry and she can't be a good mother when you're creating such a hostile environment. Three, you need to go to counseling to control your inappropriate behavior. Violence against women is always wrong, and you have no right to touch her ever, for any reason. We have several batterers' programs in this area that will know just how to deal with your controlling, abusive, violent nature. Men like you are always in denial, always blaming the woman for your actions. You need to be held accountable for your abuse of her. I just hope that you have not permanently damaged your son by demonstrating that violence is how to get your way.

MAN: Batterers' treatment? I've never battered her. She's the one who batters me.

HOTLINE: Don't get uppity with me, buster. Guys like you get their way through brute force and intimidation. I'm not going to let you abuse me too. Now take down this number and get yourself into treatment before you hurt or kill more innocent women and children. 206-555-6666. Ask for the intake counselor and have your VISA or MasterCard ready.

MAN: OK, but shouldn't she go to some kind of treatment too?

HOTLINE: Of course, we have battered women's victim counseling, support groups, free housing, legal help, interior design services, discount car insurance, and dart boards with their husband's pictures on them available for our women clients here at the coven, er, shelter.

MAN: OK, thanks for the help, I guess.

HOTLINE: Thanks for calling the Domestic Violence Hotline. [Click].

Content for this page has been provided by your friendly local taxpayer-funded domestic violence advocates. More funding is always needed to help innocent abused women. Contact your state and federal lawmakers and demand increased appropriations for these programs.

Violence Against Women: When Billions is Not Enough. [/quote]

You are speaking to the chior

--------------------
GO CUBBIES!!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11326

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: