Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Mediation Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
AmyLong
recently joined

Reged: 09/15/08
What do you bring to mediation?
      #460716 - 10/10/08 07:03 PM

I'm gathering info for my boyfriend, who will be going to mediation soon. His soon-to-be-ex decided to get an attorney. They have no assets together anymore, as they have been separated for 3 years. She was able to support herself fine until she started her own business, which is failing, so my feeling is that she wants mediation and court for the sole purpose of getting money out of him. His only debt is a $300 a month car loan. Otherwise, it's just the basics, but as is he has just barely enough to squeak by. He is not a crazy spender by any means.

Since money seems to be her main concern, what should he bring to mediation? She claims to want them 50/50, but she's rarely actually HAD them 50/50. He wants them more like 70/30 with full legal custody.

He can serve her with up to 25 pages of stuff to bring to mediation. I know they aren't supposed to talk about money (in CA, at least), but she's making outrageous claims.

Does the packet he brings get shown to the judge before the trial or can it be presented at trial? She claims to work 75 hours a week and have the kids 59% of the time. The place she owns is only open 48 hours a week and she's not even there that much, so it's pretty blatantly wrong.

We have letters supporting his claim and disputing hers, but is there anything else that would be a good idea to bring?

Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Maury
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: This Asylum --->
Re: What do you bring to mediation? [Re: AmyLong]
      #460855 - 10/11/08 01:49 AM

First, your boyfriend should be doing his own homework. Second, mediation is a discussion, documents usually help little inless it is relevant to the issues. Nothing in mediation is shown to a Judge. In fact, most state statutes do not allow discussions during mediation to be introduced.

Gestalt

Reged: 10/10/08
Loc: Wisconsin
Re: What do you bring to mediation? [Re: Maury]
      #461625 - 10/13/08 09:01 AM

Quote:

First, your boyfriend should be doing his own homework. Second, mediation is a discussion, documents usually help little inless it is relevant to the issues. Nothing in mediation is shown to a Judge. In fact, most state statutes do not allow discussions during mediation to be introduced.

Maury, California is an entirely different animal when it comes to mediation- not like my state and your state. In CA the mediators do review evidence and make recommendations to the court. I admit, I am guessing they are in CA because of her reference to it.

OP- I always bring everything I may need to prove any point I want to make, or disprove any point I think the other side could possibly make. I'd rather have it and not need it than the alternative.

--------------------
The most decisive actions of our life ... are most often unconsidered actions.

Maury
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: What do you bring to mediation? [Re: Gestalt]
      #461747 - 10/13/08 02:36 PM

In that case, it sounds more like an arbitration than a mediation. If that is the case, you would treat it much like a trial without all the formalities for evidentiary objections. You would bring any relevant documentation and witness statements that would be helpful to a determination of the issues.

VAFather

Reged: 10/09/08
      #467124 - 10/23/08 01:20 PM

This self-professed, homosexual activist (HA), ambulance chaser is part of the scheme to brain wash our youth.

More from the Canadian SOW Report Targeting Men & Boys

More from the hate group, Canadian Status of Women (SOW):

“In particular, we stress the urgency for women to “take ownership” of the Internet. (Ownership? Sheesh!)

There is also a need to ensure closer monitoring of hate-mongering sites to determine whether legal action should be taken. (hatemongering? Sheesh! Did anyone see the long list of hate groups that they want to "monitor?" Sheeesh!)

It is important as well to disseminate egalitarian messages and to support studies that provide a context for problems, such as alleged violence by women.” (Alleged? Sheesh!)

As we have always said, if you see a lie and it is repeated, it's a what? Yeppers. A femin azi PIG.

As we have mentioned before, there is an evil, insidious group of posters on this site promoting the hatred of men, the changing of societal boundaries, the promotion of female superiority as they force their propaganda upon this and practically every other discussion/help board financed by the government in Canada, the USA & many other countries as promoted by SOW/NOW. Most even get paid to do this.

This poster is one of them and continuously makes posts that are:

OT

TP

PT

SOW

Cow

TI

HA

Maury
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: What do you bring to mediation? [Re: VAFather]
      #467337 - 10/23/08 04:02 PM

All of this following me around and posting after me....it must be love.

AUDad

Reged: 10/11/08
      #467338 - 10/23/08 04:03 PM

This self-professed, homosexual activist (HA), ambulance chaser is part of the scheme to brain wash our youth.

More from the Canadian SOW Report Targeting Men & Boys

More from the hate group, Canadian Status of Women (SOW):

“In particular, we stress the urgency for women to “take ownership” of the Internet. (Ownership? Sheesh!)

There is also a need to ensure closer monitoring of hate-mongering sites to determine whether legal action should be taken. (hatemongering? Sheesh! Did anyone see the long list of hate groups that they want to "monitor?" Sheeesh!)

It is important as well to disseminate egalitarian messages and to support studies that provide a context for problems, such as alleged violence by women.” (Alleged? Sheesh!)

As we have always said, if you see a lie and it is repeated, it's a what? Yeppers. A femin azi PIG.

As we have mentioned before, there is an evil, insidious group of posters on this site promoting the hatred of men, the changing of societal boundaries, the promotion of female superiority as they force their propaganda upon this and practically every other discussion/help board financed by the government in Canada, the USA & many other countries as promoted by SOW/NOW. Most even get paid to do this.

This poster is one of them and continuously makes posts that are:

OT

TP

PT

SOW

Cow

TI

HA

Imbecile

AUDad

Re: What do you bring to mediation? [Re: AUDad]
      #467339 - 10/23/08 04:07 PM

A suggestion for everyone?

If you don't want to be attacked, don't attack.

For example here about Maury Pooh, pooh...

She made several posts today that were not attacked.

But, then she attacked a post that we made with her normal misandry crap.

Now (no pun intended), she is complaining about being attacked.

Cute.

If she did not attack, she would not be attacked.

It's really that simple.

As we have stated before, we start each day off fresh. Once attacked, we can pretty much pledge, that you will be attacked.

We have found that they don't mind messing up our posts, but they/she as hell don't like us messing up their posts.

Fair is fair.

Be nice?

We will be nice.

Be vulgar and a typical femin azi PIG and in this case, plus a homosexual activist, well, we treat you as you apparently want to be treated by the way you treat us.

Hmmm...

Golden rule?

Maury
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: What do you bring to mediation? [Re: AUDad]
      #467342 - 10/23/08 04:14 PM

Please renew your prescriptions E ric, you seem to be a wee bit more paranoid than usual. Maybe it is all the stress of your court appearances.

AUDad

#467361 - 10/23/08 04:37 PM

OT

PT

HA

Etc.

A suggestion for everyone?

If you don't want to be attacked, don't attack.

For example here about Maury Pooh, pooh...

She made several posts today that were not attacked.

But, then she attacked a post that we made with her normal misandry crap.

Now (no pun intended), she is complaining about being attacked.

Cute.

If she did not attack, she would not be attacked.

It's really that simple.

As we have stated before, we start each day off fresh. Once attacked, we can pretty much pledge, that you will be attacked.

We have found that they don't mind messing up our posts, but they/she as hell don't like us messing up their posts.

Fair is fair.

Be nice?

We will be nice.

Be vulgar and a typical femin azi PIG and in this case, plus a homosexual activist, well, we treat you as you apparently want to be treated by the way you treat us.

Hmmm...

Golden rule?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5570

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: