Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

State Specific Community Forums >> Michigan Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
mikeinmichigan
recently joined

Reged: 10/28/09
Divorce after 30 years of marriage
      #593199 - 10/28/09 10:38 PM

I came home to my wife telling me she wanted a divorce.(shes 48 and Im 52)We talked and I found thru investigation on my own she had been cheating with co workers,and conducting explicit online afairs which I have well documented etc. After much discussion she decided she wanted a seperation then turned around and said we should stay together for two more years to finish raising my last at home child who will then become legal age.She has said she wants me to leave at that point and she will take the home ($100,000 value but only 50,000 owed on a 4% mortgage)she said she will leave my pension and 401k alone and we split. Lately thou she has been bringing up what a judge would make me pay to keep her current lifestyle,etc. Everyday now if I so much as say boo i get threatened with immediate divorce and financial reprecussions (she has obviously been schooled or doing her homework) I recently found she had an excessive amount of cash hidden in the house and it appears she has been preparing.I make approx. $65,000 annually, she has only worked part time thru out the marriage(she claims her anxiety and depression issues cause to much stress to work)but she has maintained a 20 hrs.week job for 9 years $8500 annually.She has recently enrolled in school at night to obtain medical certification for better employent (cost $12,000 on a loan from federal student aide) we have approx. $45,000 in a 401k and I have a defined pension plan from a previous job that would pay $700 monthly at 62 years of age. We both have bills (credit cards) but not jointly, hers are in extreme default (judgements etc) I also have two new cars in my name and the loans for them. (she drives one-me the other)I have to decided to file for bankruptcy to erase my credit card debt (try to buid a nest egg)and I will attempt to retain one auto.I guess the questions I have are should I include her in the bankruptcy ? Should I stay the two years and trust her on the home agreement? would it be more beneficial to file and pay the child support for two years ? Would she be entitled to spousal support if she is working and going to school? Can I be held resposible for this student loan? If I stay two years can I force the sale of the home and we split all 50/50? I guess I need advice on what my best options would be.Also could use the name of good legal cousel in se michigan

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4318

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: