Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Military Divorce

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
ptsd
recently joined

Reged: 10/22/10
Set up.. :(
      #700448 - 10/22/10 07:07 PM

Ill try and make this as short as possible. I have been in the military for 10 years and my wife moved to WA to take a break from our marriage. Thinking that this may be a good thing for us I moved our household good and 3 kids to the state of Washington. I just recieved orders to Washington state a month ago. I moved there and she has asked me to move out to my own apartment. Ok, I can handle that, three days later she serves me divorce papers. She has set up residency in WA, legally. Our "break" took 7 months. So now she has all of our household goods, the car, the children, and I have squat. It feels like I got set up. I am now in the process of responding to her divorce. How can I protect myself as a military servicemen? WA is very pro woman during divorce. I want atleast joint custody if not I want full custody. What am I looking at for child support? Will the court look at my base pay or will they take into account my (e5) BAH. I am barely keeping my head above water with all of our bills and paying for my rent and helping her with her bills. I dont want this divorce I've actually asked her to go to counseling to no avail. To top it off with the added stress of divorce the "DOCTOR" deemed it neccessary to have me MED boarded out. Man this is screwed up.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Miranda
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: North of Mexico
Re: Set up.. :( [Re: ptsd]
      #700582 - 10/23/10 09:16 PM

Do you have a lawyer?

Joint legal custody is usually automatic. Joint physical is different.

Did you get MEB-ed or not? I have never heard of anyone getting MEB-ed over stress. Everyone in the military is STRESSED.

--------------------
13.1...because I am only half crazy!

ptsd
recently joined

Re: Set up.. :( [Re: Miranda]
      #700613 - 10/24/10 11:22 AM

I have started to shop around for a lawyer. The Seattle area and Bremerton are are full of them and I'm having a hard time trusting anyone of them at the moment. When you say joint legal custody is usually automatic, exactly what does that mean? I havent been MEB-ed yet, and its just not stress that they want to MEB me for. Its just the icing on the cake.

elliesmom
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/07/05
      #700716 - 10/25/10 07:25 AM

You need to get a seperate lawyer for the medboard and a full copy of your medical record. There are usually JAG/exJAG lawyers who handle that type of thing. Assuming you want to fight it. Like yesterday. There is alot of time sensitive appeals that must must be filed for this.

Joint legal custody is like - joint decision making. So if she wanted to change the childrens religion or have nonemergency invasive medical care (psychiatric, cosmetic,etc.) you would both have to agree.

--------------------
Forgiveness is...letting go of the hope that the past can be changed.

Redlegg
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 10/05/06
Re: Set up.. :( [Re: elliesmom]
      #700805 - 10/25/10 11:35 AM

What about your current profile prevents you from worldwide deployment, and what is your MOS, and do you have a secondary?

ptsd
recently joined

Re: Set up.. :( [Re: Redlegg]
      #700827 - 10/25/10 01:20 PM

I am currently in a non deployable MOS. My counselor has already put in paper work through my chain of command that I am not to be deployed because of my situation. Would the court look at my situation, if I was discharged beyond my power, and be reasonable about child support. I have already started looking for a job if in the case I do get discharged.... Its a jungle out there! I would love to get custody of my children but, I have this overwhelming feeling that I would get laughed at in court. There have been no infedility, physcical and mental abuse on my part. I worry for my kids and how this will effect them. I am so lost as to what to do..... if I can only get her into counseling.

Redlegg
Carpal \'Tunnel

#701196 - 10/26/10 11:30 AM

I did not realize the military had MOS' that were non deployable. Why are you being boarded ? What is the current PULHES and the PULHES requirements for your MOS, and what limitations do you currently have......

Miranda
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: North of Mexico
Re: Set up.. :( [Re: Redlegg]
      #701319 - 10/26/10 03:12 PM

Usually special duties are non deployable. I think recruiters are NON deployable too.

--------------------
13.1...because I am only half crazy!

Redlegg
Carpal \'Tunnel

Re: Set up.. :( [Re: Miranda]
      #701386 - 10/26/10 04:44 PM

Usually special duties are an identifier, or detailed, and you do not change jobs. You can reclassify as a recruiter, after a certain amount of time. In fact, you have E6's who did not reclassify while detailed, that come out on the E7 list, but only if they take it in the recruiter MOS. But if you look at a general recuriter profile, the rank tends to discount that. It is possible, but then the ability to perform the duties would not be so restrictive. Units, and certain positions are non deployable, but individuals are generally always deployable. Trained recruiters also get reclassed as career counselors and retention NCOs in a pinch. I can see where a non detailed recruiter would be non deployable, but special duties/detailed duty would not prevent and PEB/MEB because the soldier is still responsible to maintain the requirements needed to be qualified in their primary MOS.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3105

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: