Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Spousal Support/Alimony

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
thzsux
recently joined

Reged: 02/29/12
What is fair?
      #778675 - 02/29/12 09:16 AM

Hi. My stbx and I have started proceedings. We are very amicable thus far, sharing our son just fine thankfully and we have a great "split family" dynamic. thank god!

According to the attorneys I am entitled to several years of alimony to rehabilitate myself and get back into the work place. I have not worked for seven years while being a stay at home mother. I am not wishing to keep up with the "lifestyle" I was accustomed, I want to be able to start over and provide a safe, happy home for my child when he is with me.

Hypothetically, if my stbx makes $140,000 and child support is say 1,000 a month at my imputed income of around $30,000. I guess my question is what is not "gold-digging" requests. How long is a "reasonable" length of time to accept alimony. My stbx has worked very hard to get where he is and has provided financial security for us. I want to provide the same for our son, but what is reasonable?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
hanzblinx
enthusiast

Reged: 08/13/10
Re: What is fair? [Re: thzsux]
      #778682 - 02/29/12 10:34 AM

First of all, as soon as you get an attorney he/she will start the gold digging process. Some women talk about fairness, it doesn't last long. You lawyer will take him for his last dime, that's what they do.

So what is fair? In my case I was married to a SAHM for 12 years. My income was 100K plus 15K in "side income". She was imputed minimum wage.

She got $800/mo alimony for 18 months. I still don't consider it fair because she was a cheating wretch. There is no intent for fairness with no-fault divorce. Those were the old days when fault was considered.

yregna
veteran

Reged: 07/25/06
Loc: Oregon
Re: What is fair? [Re: thzsux]
      #778866 - 03/02/12 10:12 AM

I call troll, troll, troll.

C'mon, this woman sounds non-entitled, how can that happen ? Honey, go out and buy a lottery ticket TODAY 'cause you are one in a zillion.

Wait, I forgot, you sound like my brother's wife BEFORE HER FIRST MEETING WITH THE ATTORNEY. After that meeting she realized how much work she had done "administering" his construction business.

Post again AFTER your meeting with the attorney, when you realize you have the opportunity to not work again EVER, your tune will change quickly.

Hope the truth hurts...

--------------------
"Anything free is worth what you pay for it..."
"Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1295

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: