Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Military Divorce

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
recently joined

Reged: 03/15/12
Posts: 2
BAH during seperation
      #780053 - 03/15/12 12:17 PM

I am recently seperated from my husband who is active duty. I have been told that while I am seperated from him I am to recieve his bah. The state we seperated in has no legal seperation. At first he will was willing to just give it to me and would transfer the money to my account now he's giving me problems with giving the money to me. I want to know who I can contact and what my rights to the bah are right now. Is there a way for me to get it given to me directly? He will be getting deployed soon and I am worried then he won't have a way to transfer the money then. Any advice would be extremely helpful!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
recently joined

Reged: 03/15/12
Posts: 2
Re: BAH during seperation [Re: swim1987]
      #780059 - 03/15/12 01:21 PM

Also he got re stationed and left me in the state we got married in is this consider abandonment?..I have no idea where to go or who to ask for help.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 11/07/05
Posts: 8852
Re: BAH during seperation [Re: swim1987]
      #780090 - 03/15/12 10:59 PM

What branch is he in? (army, navy...) For navy their is no requirement wrt BAH. I have heard on this board that army does have such a requirement.

Leaving for military orders is not abandonment.

I recommend you get a job to support yourself and a lawyer where he is stationed so you can move forward with the divorce and get on with your life.

Forgiveness is...letting go of the hope that the past can be changed.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
recently joined

Reged: 05/08/12
Posts: 6
Re: BAH during seperation [Re: elliesmom]
      #784470 - 05/08/12 05:08 PM

You can always go to JAG. They are, (in case you don't know) military lawyers. You as a military dependent have rights to consult with them. Also, a great person to go to is the military chaplain. There is one attached to every unit. If you know your husbands unit and base you can call the base and have them direct you to his chaplain. The chaplain can talk to him and if he still has issues with sending the money the chaplain can be your ally and talk to his commanders. As your dependent and until the divorce is finale, he has to take care of you! And he is unable to deploy until his family is set up. (At least that is Army rules, I do not know about other branches.) Hope this is helpful.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Topic views: 2582

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home


Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: