Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Stepfamily Issues

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Char9
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/03/05
SS Graduation
      #784286 - 05/03/12 05:00 AM

After much deliberation, I have chosen not to attend. I am ok with that, and H is ok with it. He rented a van, is taking the girls and 3 grand kids. His ex, her H and one gkid will go with them. They will all drive the 600+ miles to the base. I will stay home in a peaceful household and do what I want. LOL. It will be too hectic, and to me it was more important that his parents were there. After the incident over the weekend of the oldest Grandson pitching a fit and being carried kicking and screaming to the game field, I do NOT feel I am equipped right now with dealing with small children. Once I have a few more sessions with the counselor, and he gives me the tools I need to handle things, maybe I will be better around them and his ex. But right now, I am overly sensitive to everything. The meds are not working, will be seeing the GP again to tell her. Still have bouts of crying, and depression is still a black cloud over my head. The lack of sleep is not helping. Even with sleeping pills, I still get up a few times a night, and end up awake at 3 or 4 am, not going back to sleep.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
annieo
veteran

Reged: 07/07/10
Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: SS Graduation [Re: Char9]
      #784295 - 05/03/12 10:58 AM

Ask your GP for Trazadone - it helps with sleep and depression but it will make you a little groggy in the morning at first and you need to take it early enough in the evening to combat that effect and it is uber cheap.

I think you should have gone because you are a "parent" and should be by your hubby side but I understand where you are coming from with being in a van for all that time with children who are not well behaved (is it a consistency issue with the parents and discipline?) and your inability at this time to control your emotions in a anxiety filled situation.

Good Luck with the therapist and rest assured you will learn the tools you need as long as you are fully invested in the therapy. It will take a while to be able to use those tools effectively so don't try to rush things and it will probably be two steps forward one step back for some time but it will get better and once you know yourself and appreciate yourself you will be able to separate yourself from the issues and move forward. You will eventually be able to take life day by day and and enjoy yourself =)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating: ****
Topic views: 804

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: