Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Doing Your Own Divorce

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
rustieblonde
recently joined

Reged: 10/13/05
Filing My own uncontested divorce in Oklahoma
      #36792 - 10/13/05 09:13 PM

I am currently trying to file for my divorce in Oklahoma, I live in Payne County and there is no help on this matter here. I got a kit that has a lot of the paper work and I have some what of an idea what I'm doing, but then still lost in other ways. My husband has been gone no contact with him for 8 years now, we have no children, no property and no debt. I just need the divorce. I have filed my petition with the court, but I'm not sure what needs to be filed next with them. I do know I have to run a publication in the paper but I'm not sure what that publication has to say. I do know the court clerk has to sign off on the publication to run it. My understanding is after the publication is run and there is no response, I will then get a final hearing...I know that is when I have to have my final decree, how do I know for sure what is supposed to be in the final decree? I have tried to get advice but no one will help. and there is no reason for an attorney. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ahsmom

Reged: 02/20/06
Re: Filing My own uncontested divorce in Oklahoma [Re: rustieblonde]
      #89345 - 03/17/06 05:10 AM

One thing you can do is go on OCIS- do a search for cases in FD court. I'm in OK. County but I just looked at cases in my county and saw what they filed. Most people file in the Journal record and on OCIS they show a pdf of the actually document that was in print. Also if its just a local paper or the daily oklahoman I'm sure they know the wording and know what you need because it appears they have to send you a copy. If you have filed a petition you probably know who your judge is-contact his bailiff and just find out if you have done all the steps.
I'm only doing my own child support but really you can call and ask as long as its not legal advice. Just talk in terms on procedure and paperwork.

Gecko
Carpal \'Tunnel

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Third rock from the sun
Re: Filing My own uncontested divorce in Oklahoma [Re: rustieblonde]
      #93891 - 03/26/06 12:41 PM

I do know I have to run a publication in the paper but I'm not sure what that publication has to say.

---> You take a copy of the Summons to the local paper and that is what they run for three weeks. You then get a certification from the newspaper (along with a copy of the advertisment) and you file that with the court. After approximately 60...the general time allowed for a response to publication, if he doesn't respond, you file for a default hearing and request a default order.

--------------------
If you air your dirty linen in public, expect people to comment on the skid marks!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5210

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home

UBB.threads™ 6.5.1.1

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: