I currently live in Maryland, and I want to move to Florida. Not only can I not afford to live here anymore (after rent on the shabby little place I'm in and daycare each month I'm only left with $100 to pay utilities, food, car ins, car payment, etc.), but all my family is in Florida (parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, etc). The school systems are great down there, my company will allow me to transfer, and the kids have been begging me for over a year to "move closer to Grandma and Grampi so we can see them more". Living down there would give my children so many more opportunities that living here, I simply can not afford.
In February I had the CO modified from joint everything to full physical and joint legal. He appeared in court for all those hearings, but never filed a single piece of paper he was required to (yes, he ended up getting sanctions on him, but it was prevented from being a default case because he actually appeared in court).
Between Feb of 05 and July of 06 he only saw the kids 12 times. He hasn't visited or even called the kids since July of 06 - not on birthdays, or Christmas, or anything. He only pays a small portion of the CS he owes me each month, and that was only after the CS Enforcement office found out where he worked. (He quit his job right after the court decision in February) I don't even have his home phone number - judge asked him for it in court, and I since discovered the phone number he gave was a bogus number. Needless to say - he's not involved in their lives at all.
Our CO says nothing about moving away except that I need to notify the court within 10 days of moving or changing jobs. From what I have found, Maryland has a 45-day notice policy for moves out of state.
So - now that I've babbled way too much...
Does anyone know exactly what needs to go in that notice? I mean obviously the address I'm moving to, but do I need to put in there that he has X amount of days to protest, or spell out the reasons why I want to move, or anything like that? Do I need to suggest alternate visitation schedules when he doesn't even use the one he has now?
In your opinion, if he does decide to fight this - do you think I have grounds for a move? Do you think he has a defense at all?
Thanks for reading all this babble. I just want to make sure I do everything correctly so that the move doesn't end up causing problems for me and the kids.