Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Removal Issues

recently joined

Reged: 04/13/12
Posts: 13
Re: Permission to Travel
      04/18/12 01:35 AM

In the US, when parents are married, if one parent is travelling with the minor children and the other is not present, the travelling parent must have a notarized letter from the parent not travelling granting consent for the travel. This is to prevent child abductions. I know this to be the case because I have gone through it recently. I have since found out that in countries covered by the Hague Convention, that this consent may be revoked under certain circumstances and the children returned. My circumstances may qualify for this as I understand it, but I'll probably need to consult a lawyer. Thanks.

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Permission to Travel Anonmouse 04/16/12 03:11 PM
. * * Re: Permission to Travel Avaya   04/17/12 04:12 PM
. * * Re: Permission to Travel Anonmouse   04/18/12 01:35 AM
. * * Re: Permission to Travel Avaya   04/27/12 08:08 AM
. * * Re: Permission to Travel Debi   05/03/12 07:48 PM
. * * Re: Permission to Travel Anonmouse   05/02/12 02:44 PM

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.


Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3880

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home


Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: