Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Divorce Source Community Forums >> Child Removal Issues

recently joined

Reged: 04/15/09
Posts: 3
relocating from louisiana to Florida
      04/15/09 10:54 AM

Hello, I need some advice. When hurricane Katrina hit I was living in Louisiana. I was divorced from my spouse and had a joint custody arrangement that named me a domicilliary parent and gave the childrens mother and I equal time with the children. Her two weeks and then I would have them two weeks with a set schedule for holidays.

The day after Katrina hit us my ex wife brought both of the children to my home and dropped them off. I was not home at the time so she dropped them off to my then fiancee. She was informed that we were going to be leaving the state as my fiancee was pregnant and had health issues that she could not receive care for if we remained in the state. She chose to leave the children and she disappeared. I tried to locate her 2 times in the 4 days we remained in the state but I had no luck.

My fiancees family came and picked up us to take us to Florida so that my fiancee could get the needed medical care she needed to ensure the safety of our unborn child. The power was not restored in the town where we lived until early October 2005. The baby was born on Oct 10, 2005. During this time my ex-wife phoned to inform me that she wanted me to keep the children that she was unable to care for them and did not know what she was going to do and thought that it was in the best interest of the children that they remain in Florida with me. I asked her to write up papers stating that have them signed, notorized and send them to me. She called sometime later and asked if I would write up the papers and send them to her so she could get it taken care of. I did that. She did sign the papers, had them notorized and sent them back to me. That was Feb 2006.

She has had sproadic contanct with the children since we have been here and we have lost track of her several times. I have always managed to keep her informed of where we are at all times. She has now gone into court and filed a rule to show cause. she states that I removed the children without permission and I am conceling them from her and not allowing her to have contact with them that I am in violaton of the marital seperation agreement and should be held in contempt of court and punished as the law allows. She has also requested that I pay all attorneys fees and expenses related to the case? What are her chances of winning this case?

Can I file a motion in the state of Florida so that there is a pening case while I ask the court in Louisiana to disolve it for a lack of jurisdiction or do I need an order from Louisiana first???

She is also behing 8100.00 in court ordered child support. Thanks!!

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* relocating from louisiana to Florida louisianaman27 04/15/09 10:54 AM
. * * Re: relocating from louisiana to Florida PhoenixRising   04/15/09 11:30 AM
. * * Re: relocating from louisiana to Florida louisianaman27   04/15/09 12:02 PM
. * * Re: relocating from louisiana to Florida finz   04/16/09 12:14 AM
. * * Re: relocating from louisiana to Florida louisianaman27   04/21/09 10:00 AM

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.


Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3655

Rate this thread

Jump to

Contact Us Divorce Source Home


Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: