Hard Time Letting Go

Posted by: phoenix1101

Hard Time Letting Go - 10/06/17 03:04 PM

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum. My husband of 14 years and I just filed for divorce two months ago. It was amicable, and he is extremely supportive of me, which is great. We have two small children together, and our peaceable dissolution has made this much easier for them to cope with all of the changes.

I just moved out of the house we shared two weeks ago to a new apartment. Yesterday, he informed me that he's started seeing someone else. I'm really shocked and hurt by this news. I discovered that I still have feelings for him, and a part of me was hopeful that, despite the obvious ending of our relationship, that we are still or eventually would be getting back together. Can we all say "denial"?

I thought I would come post my feelings on the forum, because when I try to talk to family and friends I get a pity show, or worse, they start hating on my ex. He's a great guy, we just didn't work out! And I would rather view life through the lens of love rather than hate or resentment. But this is hard to think another woman is in his life, in "my" house, with my kids.

Any advice on how to accept and be grateful that he's moving on, and actually move on myself?