Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#120566 - 07/04/06 05:35 AM To Outlaw Wolf [Re: Outlaw_Wolf]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Third rock from the sun
I read that article earlier...interesting.

From the US Department of Health &amp; Human Services. Administration for Children &amp; Families: "Although there are exceptions, children raised in single-parent families are at greater risk of living in poverty and of developing social, behavioral, and academic problems than are children raised in married-parent families."

From The Journal of the American Medical Association: "Children raised in poverty can do well in school and later in life, but they face many more obstacles than children reared in wealthier homes."

From the American Psychological Association, Report to the U.S. Commission on Child and Family Welfare: "Children raised in single parent families are at greater risk for juvenile delinquency, teen pregnancy, poor grades, drugs, dropping out of school, and other trouble. These risks occur even after factoring in differences in income."

#120567 - 07/04/06 05:41 AM Re: Well, after reading your drivel... [Re: gr8Dad]
nrvouswrk Offline
Pooh-Bah

Just because a child has two parents doesn't make them happier and better off than those who have one. Believe me, there are a vast amount of kids who should be barred from ever having to be subjected to one or both of their parents. So I am with Katie in disagreeing with you.

Many of the parents who come into the welfare office where I work may drive in, but it is amazing how their cars even make it that far. In order to qualify for the program I run, their car can't be worth more than $1500. You can imagine what kind of vehicle you get for that amount!

Just because someone has inadvertently contributed a sperm or an egg, doesn't mean they are a benifit to their child's life. You would be amazed at how many are more of a detriment and should be barred from any and all contact with them.

As for your point about interst on unpaid support...Not every one who is ordered to pay support does so through the CSE. A vast majority are on the "Honor" system. It is only when that fails that most of us are forced to seek a remedy where the choice to pay or not to pay isn't as much of an option.

#120568 - 07/04/06 05:46 AM Re: It Couldn't Be Clearer... [Re: Outlaw_Wolf]
nrvouswrk Offline
Pooh-Bah

This post just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt why the judge in question made the ruling he did... After reading it, I think if anything, he was on the generous side...

#120569 - 07/04/06 06:12 AM Re: Well, after reading your drivel... [Re: Outlaw_Wolf]
katiefedup Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

sorry, where is that post number?

#120570 - 07/04/06 06:15 AM Re: Well, after reading your drivel... [Re: Outlaw_Wolf]
katiefedup Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

here is the post that I was referencing!
Children raised in poverty... [Re: katiefedup]
#122795 - 07/03/06 09:19 PM (131.17.129.22) Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

...are MUCH more successful than children raised with one parent removed from their lives

#120571 - 07/04/06 06:16 AM Re: Well, after reading your drivel... [Re: katiefedup]
nrvouswrk Offline
Pooh-Bah

#122736 if you are asking me for the one I was refering to.

#120572 - 07/04/06 06:18 AM Re: Well, after reading your drivel... [Re: Outlaw_Wolf]
katiefedup Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

&lt;"Children raised in poverty with both parents in the home are much more likely to succeed in later life than children raised in poverty by a mother alone.&gt; Ummmmm, did gr8dad say that? Your recall is not so good! LOL

#120573 - 07/04/06 06:20 AM Re: Well, after reading your drivel... [Re: nrvouswrk]
katiefedup Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

that was YOUR post!!!!!!!

#120574 - 07/04/06 06:21 AM Re: Well, after reading your drivel... [Re: katiefedup]
nrvouswrk Offline
Pooh-Bah

They say you can prove anything with either a Bible passage or a statistic...

#120575 - 07/04/06 06:24 AM To Nrvouswrk [Re: nrvouswrk]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Third rock from the sun
Just because a child has two parents doesn't make them happier and better off than those who have one. Believe me, there are a vast amount of kids who should be barred from ever having to be subjected to one or both of their parents.

---&gt; There is no disputing that there are "bad" parents out there, but we're not talking about them...we're talking about "average" parents...good moms, good dads and there is no disputing that it's better to have BOTH parents in a child's life, than just one.

In order to qualify for the program I run, their car can't be worth more than $1500. You can imagine what kind of vehicle you get for that amount!

---&gt; Excuse me, but I paid $1,300 for my '89 GMC Truck four years ago and according to my mechanic who thoroughly checked it out, I got a sweet deal.

As for your point about interst on unpaid support...Not every one who is ordered to pay support does so through the CSE. A vast majority are on the "Honor" system.

---&gt; LMAO. Tthe "vast majority" PAY through CSE...whether it is through self-pay or wage withholding. The only time an NCP is allowed to direct pay to a CP is if BOTH agree.

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: