Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#127551 - 07/24/06 09:42 PM Finalization
broscoe62 Offline
recently joined

How long does it take for a divorce to be final in Oklahoma?

#127552 - 08/07/06 01:16 AM Re: Finalization [Re: broscoe62]
sadie46 Offline

I am 4 months into my divorce and from OK...was filed in Custer County. It really depends on alot of things. Mainly if you have children, large assets, pensions, business all of those issues. We have all of those things to go through..discovery, depositons. Mine looks like it won't be over maybe til Christmas. I think the county in which he filed for our type of case could be 8 months or so. My stbx is holding things up on the discovery end. If yours is pretty simple I would think a few months. My sis lives in Tulsa and her's was semi complex..child and it took almost a year.

#127553 - 08/23/06 03:28 AM Re: Finalization [Re: sadie46]
JennyLynn Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

My husband's and his ex took over a year. They had one child, had been married a year when they separated, and had no joint assetts. The custody is what dragged it out so long.

#127554 - 10/19/06 03:33 PM Re: Finalization [Re: broscoe62]
slyfox Offline

Divorces vary in length of time. I have seen them where both parties just want out and all you do is go before a Judge and sign to several years because one or both are being petty or controlling. If both parties are agreeable and it is still taking a long time, you'll need to hound your attorneys to get them to set a court date. Regardless of the length of time both parties are prohibited from marrying another person for at least 6 months after the final decree.
Before hiring a Divorce Attorney ask around... Get one with a solid reputation. Good luck!

#127555 - 04/21/08 04:02 AM Re: Finalization [Re: slyfox]
Linda45 Offline
recently joined

It is really true that you have to wait 6 months to remarry in oklahoma or can you go to another state or country, if divorce in oklahoma

#127556 - 11/23/12 06:46 PM Re: Finalization [Re: Linda45]
upbeat Offline

recently joined

Linda45 - did you ever find out about going to another state to get married. Similiar situation - seeking same advice.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: