Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#147366 - 09/24/06 03:08 PM Question on Co-habitating??
F25Divorced Offline
addict

Quick question:
My STBX has moved in his GF and her 3 kids.
THe house is a 3 bedroom with the basement unfinished.
The kids ages are 12,8,3,2. I have no clue of her living arrangements.
In the beginning I rented a one bedroom apartment, my STBX gave me gruef about her not having her own room. Well he shortly there after had his friend move in who had 3 kids. So, once again our D lost her room and was sleeping with Dad.

What are everyones thoughts on this. Am I wrong for being mad about all the room mates. Our D had her own things, her own room and what not. He is the one making all the changes. This house is not big enough for a family of that size. Lathough he says he is finishing the basement but he is claining student status, I pay CS and he wants SS. So...How in the heck can he do this?

#147367 - 09/24/06 04:38 PM Re: Question on Co-habitating?? [Re: F25Divorced]
mommy2boys Offline
addict

Loc: Louisiana
In some states if you have a roommate or SO living with you, you are not entitled to SS. Also now that he has these other "roommates" her income can be considered when determining CS since his expenses have now decreased. I would also question how he is affording to finish the basement while claiming student status, he must have an income of some sorts or the GF has $$ to pay for the work.

#147368 - 09/24/06 05:18 PM Re: Question on Co-habitating?? [Re: mommy2boys]
F25Divorced Offline
addict

I am doing all the things you suggested and we will see what happens. He has alot of new things, have no idea how or where all the money is from but?? I will soon find out

#147369 - 09/24/06 11:19 PM Re: Question on Co-habitating?? [Re: F25Divorced]
Miranda Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: North of Mexico
So your daughter has no room of her own, or her own space at either home?

I am not saying a room alone is essential for a kid, but some consistency is definitely necessary. Sleeping on mom's couch and dad's floor, and then sleeping in a house with 4 new people is just too much for a three year old.

#147370 - 09/25/06 04:27 PM Re: Question on Co-habitating?? [Re: Miranda]
F25Divorced Offline
addict

Miranda, she hasnt had her own space at her Dads since I moved out in 05. She definitly does at mine, I first off rented a one bedroom till I knew the money situation, but after a month she had her own space. She has her own room with what she needs now.

I just wish she had the same at her Dads house, now she is 3 other kids there again

#147371 - 09/25/06 10:03 PM Re: Question on Co-habitating?? [Re: F25Divorced]
inlovensane Offline
enthusiast

"T"hey probobly have the two younger kids share a room, two older share a room, and the couple share a room. Sounds reasonable. My shild at 3 years of age never said to me, "MOM, I'm 3 now, I NEED my own space."

#147372 - 09/25/06 10:14 PM Re: Question on Co-habitating?? [Re: inlovensane]
mommachele Offline
addict

Loc: Utah
Thats funny that you said that.....My child at 3 years of age never said to me, "MOM, I'm 3 now, I NEED my own space." <I fixed the shild to say child>

Because, My 3 y/o did just that...We hadn't had him in his own room he likes to sleep with his sissy and we hadnt finishd carpeting and painting and moving kids upstairs from downstairs and vice versa..anyway....

One day I was getting thing ready for the carpet people to come in and he was underfoot everytime I turned around and I told him.."go play in your room and let mommy finish by herself please" He looked at me all serious as could be and said " Mom, My < he rarely uses I> Don't have a room" Needless to say his was the first one that I completed. LOL but, guess where he chooses to sleep on most nights...even with the high bunk that has a slide on it that we bought for his room....With his SISSY!!! LOL <shrug>

Hugs
CHele

#147373 - 09/25/06 10:23 PM Re: Question on Co-habitating?? [Re: mommachele]
inlovensane Offline
enthusiast

LOL thanks for fixing the type-o. Now that is a 3 year old who knows what he wants, will make someone a fine mate someday. Its hard to find a man that will tell ya exactly what he wants.

#147374 - 09/28/06 04:00 AM Re: Question on Co-habitating?? [Re: F25Divorced]
Maury Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: This Asylum --->
If it does not endanger the kids and that is all you have, you likely have nothing that is actionable as unpalatable as that may be.

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: