Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#182961 - 01/16/07 09:50 PM Re: Michigan life sentence for cohabitation.... [Re: Gecko]
meganb Offline
old hand

Gecko

It's in the fourth paragraph of the story.

#182962 - 01/16/07 09:55 PM Re: Michigan life sentence for cohabitation.... [Re: meganb]
Gecko Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Third rock from the sun
OK...thanks ya'll.

#182963 - 01/17/07 12:02 AM Re: Michigan life sentence for cohabitation.... [Re: meganb]
Renee Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: The Palmetto State
ahhh.....

The wonderful ethics of Michigan politicians...I remember them well.

Say one thing, do another, get caught, blame the media, hide for awhile, then come back with some 'do-gooder' social project.

Megan, wasn't it Coleman Young perfected that little philosophy?

#182964 - 01/17/07 12:35 AM Re: Michigan life sentence for cohabitation.... [Re: Renee]
meganb Offline
old hand

Oh yes the Great One...

All he wanted to do was to create responsibe citzens for Detroit!!!! Then the man fathered a child, said it wasnt his, but then a paternity test confirmed it was his....the list goes on and on. Responsibe...yea right

#182965 - 01/17/07 01:31 AM Re: Michigan life sentence for cohabitation.... [Re: meganb]
Renee Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

; )

I remember his funeral. I was working in ODC downtown and we watched the funeral procession down Woodward.

I remember thinking how amazing it was that once he died he turned into such a Saint in the media, but when he was alive they picked him apart. Considering the "motor city" rep went away in favor of the "murder city", poverty went thru the roof and city services sucked wind, I'll never understand how he became so revered in the city. What did he actually DO that helped, other than repaint the park signs after he had his name put on them?

#182966 - 01/17/07 01:45 AM Re: Michigan life sentence for cohabitation.... [Re: Renee]
Renee Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Here's another fine example of Michigan professional decorum - this time not the politicians, but the judges who enforce the laws the politicians write.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/01/16/michigan.courts.ap/index.html

#182967 - 01/17/07 01:49 AM Re: Michigan life sentence for cohabitation.... [Re: Renee]
meganb Offline
old hand

Your guess is as good as mine.

All I remember is the corruption, Detroit going from the 5th largest city to the 10th, the F.B.I bugging his house, and poverty. But he was the 1st black mayor of Detroit and he had been a State Senator, so I guess that does say something.

It really is amazing how the media hounded him while alive, and then praised him after his death...as they do with many politicians.

#182968 - 01/17/07 12:06 PM Re: Michigan life sentence for cohabitation.... [Re: meganb]
Buckeye Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: OH
It doesn't just happen with politicians - many a family member becomes a saint after death!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: