Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#196637 - 04/19/07 01:10 AM Re: marge2033 [Re: trophywife]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
People seeking what they're NOT owed affects everyone who end up not getting what they ARE owed because judges end up not believing anyone, or getting deadset against alimony, or whatever, because they've seen the abusers who've used the system too much get by with it.

#196638 - 05/08/07 01:56 AM Re: alimony after ten years [Re: trophywife]
StopNow Offline
recently joined

STOP CHILD SUPPORT FROM MAKING YOU A VICTIM!!!

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF...

RIDICULOUSLY HIGH CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENTS?
"THE EX" CONTROLLING VISITATION RIGHTS?
WAGES BEING GARNISHED?
BUSINESS LICENSE SUSPENDED?
DENIED CHILD SUPPORT MODIFICATION?
DISCRIMINATION IN COURT BECAUSE OF GENDER?
DRIVER'S LICENSE SUSPENDED?
FACING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION?
BEING TREATED LIKE A THIRD CLASS CITIZEN?
BEING LABELED AS A "DEAD BEAT DAD"?
TAX REFUNDS INTERCEPTED? THE LIST GOES ON AND ON!

IT'S TIME FOR FATHERS TO UNITE!!!

WE'VE BEEN PUSHED AROUND LONG ENOUGH BY A LAW THAT ONLY PROTECTS THE RIGHTS OF ONE PERSON... "THE EX"

Child Support laws are NOT Biblical!!!

JOIN FATHERS ACROSS THE GLOBE IN A CLASS ACTION PETITION AGAINST CHILD SUPPORT.

WWW.STOPCHILDSUPPORTNOW.COM

#196639 - 05/08/07 02:52 PM Re: alimony after ten years [Re: trophywife]
BeckaLeigh Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Texas
Seems to me she could be labeled "gold digger" in my terms. Wait so she can get more? Sh!tty. Of course, you probably totally support her in her cause. Birds of a feather flock together.

#196640 - 05/15/07 01:30 PM Re: alimony after ten years [Re: BeckaLeigh]
SoBeit Offline
recently joined

Well, not to start anything, but every sitch is different. I was married almost 9 years.....I recieved permanent alimony and we have no children. It all depends on your lawyer, your spouses income etc....50/50 is not always what it seems. There has to be a balance....it might bring the spouse who has the most income to a 30/70 to equal a 50/50.....I consider myself a Trophy wife too! It's because I love myself and I know I was a good wife. Your taking a name and assuming something. It's all about our self-esteem while going through a difficult period.

People should not be so judgemental....

#196641 - 05/15/07 01:50 PM Re: alimony after ten years [Re: SoBeit]
Maury Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: This Asylum --->
Every state treats alimony differently. In Texas, for example, the marriage must last ten years for any alimony to be awarded. In Wisconsin, by contrast, if it is a 20 year marriage, the presumption begins with an equalization of income. You add his to hers and divide by two.

Most states, however, award maintenance depending on the particular circumstances of the case. It makes it very difficult to predict. Spousal maintenance awards are generally granted if the spouse seeking maintenance demonstrates that he or she:

(1) lacks sufficient property, including marital property apportioned as part of the divorce to provide for the reasonable needs of the spouse considering the standard of living established during the marriage, especially, but not limited to, a period of training or education; or

(2) is unable to provide adequate self-support, after considering the standard of living established during the marriage and all relevant circumstance, through appropriate employment, or

(3) is the custodian of a child whose condition and circumstances make it appropriate that the custodian not be required to seek employment outside the home.

In determining the amount and duration of spousal maintenance, state statutes require that Courts address all relevant factors. Most statutes also specifically identify specific issues that should be considered in determining awards of spousal maintenance:

(1) The financial resources of the spouse seeking maintenance;

(2) The amount of time that is necessary for the spouse seeking maintenance to acquire necessary skills or education to find appropriate employment;

(3) The age and physical and emotional health of the recipient spouse;

(4) The standard of living established during the marriage;

(5) The length of the marriage;

(6) The contribution and economic sacrifices of a homemaker including loss of seniority, retirement benefits and other employment opportunities foregone while working at home

(7) The financial resources available to the spouse from whom maintenance is sought.

I don't think anyone here has sufficient information to tell you whether you are entitled to any spousal support, let alone permanent spousal support, without many more facts.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: