Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#219 - 06/10/04 05:49 PM How would a visitation schedule look
Becky Offline
addict

Loc: New Hampshire
For a parent that has to be supervised? Who would do the supervising? How would holidays work? Any info would be great thanks.

#220 - 06/10/04 07:52 PM Re: How would a visitation schedule look [Re: Becky]
M5K Offline
recently joined

Loc: TN
When my ex had supervised, it was supervised by me at the local mall one day a week (Saturdays) for 2-4 hours. I've heard those parenting places are pretty good too. Normally, the parent that has supervised pays for it (at least here they do) and you spend a couple hours with the kid/s with a 3rd party supervising it.

I have no idea about the holidays...

Hope that helps a little!

#221 - 06/11/04 12:01 AM When my ex had supervised.... [Re: Becky]
Melody Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: California
it was through a child psychologist. It was called supervised therapeutic visitation. During the sessions they were to work out their issues that caused Dad to lash out in physical violence. It wasn't much help. Dad wasn't cooperative and neither Dad nor the children enjoyed the sessions. Dad halted them. Eventually Dad went through his various anger and parenting programs and I agreed to non-supervised visitation. However, during these visits there is to be no contact with Dad's wife and children. This means they can't go to Dad's house, so they always have their visits in public places...restaurants, movies, rollerskating, etc. The kids are comfortable with this. It's not likely that Dad would cause a scene and if he did, they are now grown enough to get up and ask for help. They also have cell phones.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: