Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#228586 - 05/12/07 12:38 AM We found her..... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sassyisme Offline
recently joined

SHe has been living in TX all this time. She had family sending the letters from other states. And the reason we couldnt locate her before was because she got married and took his name. The boyfriend she referred to, I guess to throw us off (?) is her husband. We go to court at the end of June and we are going to try to go for 50/50 after being reintroduced to my stepdaughter's life. If not full custody. She has intentionally withheld this child from my husband. Our lawyer said after that, she has a good chance of losing custody and just getting visitation. My husband would rather do 50/50, but he is concerned she is going to do the disappearing act again. Woohooo. I am so excited. She told us she will fight us until we are penniless but I hate to tell her, my stabloes are worth over $100,000 themselves, not talking about my prize mares and stallions. So, if she wants to take it hat far, I will sell off most of what I own. The way I see it, my husband and I are in together for the long haul. The stables are in my name and I owned them before we got married but I will do whatever it takes to help my husband. Whoooo. That is a relief.

#228587 - 05/12/07 01:36 AM Re: We found her..... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: sassyisme]
joym525 Offline
old hand

I have not been following your story, but you have a long road ahead of you it sounds like. I have been a smom for 13 years and it has been hell dealing with BM.

But I sincerly wish the both of you luck if this is what you want to do.

#228588 - 05/12/07 01:43 AM Re: We found her..... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: sassyisme]
Buckeye Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: OH
I doubt very much that your husband will get full custody. It sounds wonderful, but in truth, it rarely happens in situations like this.

I also doubt that you would get 50/50 unless the two of you live close.

But, I do think you will probably get long distance visitation plus maybe 4-8 weeks during the summer.

#228589 - 05/12/07 04:08 AM Re: We found her..... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: sassyisme]
BeckaLeigh Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Texas
I am glad to hear that, I didnt have much advice to give so I kept out of it pretty much . But, I am glad you found her. Dont go for full, just try for 50/50, depending on each of your locations.

#228590 - 05/12/07 11:56 AM Re: We found her..... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: sassyisme]
tsl Offline
Pooh-Bah

How old is child? How long has it been since dad had her for overnights? What distance is involved?

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: