Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#228696 - 05/14/07 05:47 PM Re: Intent to Relocate Filed [Re: gaydad]
Debi Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

OKay, first of all do yourself a favor and stay away from the women hating mens groups. All they want is your money and for you to dress up in a Superman costume and jump off a building. Not the best route to go if you want to be taken seriously.

Have your attorney file a motion immediately stating your objection. You will need to point out that the children already have a loving enviroment and support system with you. The burden of proof on why the relocation benefits the children is on her. Keep in mind this is about the kids NOT what's best for her. I'm not sure how conservative an area you're in and that could (although shouldn't) make a difference.

#228697 - 05/14/07 05:57 PM Actually... [Re: Debi]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

...fathers4justice has done some great things, in a non violent manner, to bring attention to the plight of fathers in different countries. Yes, their stunts are outlandish, but that is what it takes to get the story on the news, and they do it in a non violent manner.

#228698 - 05/14/07 06:48 PM Re: Actually... [Re: gr8Dad]
Debi Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

I'm not arguing with father's rights. I have plenty of friends who are great father's. As I've said before my x was until his own stupid actions prevented him from BEING a father. I believe that 50/50 should be the norm as long as one of the parents wants it and both are fit parents, and I feel that men and women can be equally wonderful parents if they choose to do so. I am the last person on these boards who would take sides based on gender and I try to give advice on what I feel is "fair".

It is my personal opinion that some "fathers rights" groups, including the one you mentioned is a joke and they do it to themselves. Would it be your opinion that the OP go to court in a costume to gain non-violent attention?

#228699 - 05/14/07 07:23 PM You miss the point of their actions... [Re: Debi]
gr8Dad Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

...they are not doing the super hero thing for one specific case, they are doing it for father's rights in general. And if it has the desired affct, getting people to sit up and take notice of a system that is so BLATANTLY biased against men, then they have been successful.

#228700 - 05/14/07 10:13 PM Re: You miss the point of their actions... [Re: gr8Dad]
Rebecca5 Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: Down home.
But...if she's "missing the point" and so are many other people who see these antics on the news....are they really successful?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: