Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#229881 - 05/16/07 02:26 AM Re: Can the Cp lose custody if..... [Re: theneeddd]
focusedon2 Offline
Pooh-Bah

[quote] she sees the children every other weekend and six months in the summer.T [/quote]

Six months in the summer? Was that a mistype?

#229882 - 05/16/07 02:52 AM Re: Can the Cp lose custody if..... [Re: focusedon2]
theneeddd Offline
journeyman

Loc: MONTGOMERY ,ALABAMA
of course its a typo.when did you ever know summer to last 6 months my friend

#229883 - 05/16/07 10:54 AM Re: Can the Cp lose custody if..... [Re: Relayer]
supermansdaisy Offline
addict

Loc: SC
OK...so I misspoke. I live in SC and there is no law against a 13yo babysitting. When I was 12, I babysat for a 2 year old.

My DS10 would know what to do if left alone, but I would never do it (leave him alone). Kids are maturing quite differently these days... I also know of someone who leaves her 10yo and 11yo home alone until she comes home from work. I don't necessarily agree with that, but it is done here a lot (small-town SC)

#229884 - 05/16/07 01:31 PM Re: Can the Cp lose custody if..... [Re: theneeddd]
Debi Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Okay, lets look at what happened. The judge denied what is thought to be false allegations, the judge denied documents they didn't bring forth at an earlier time, and the judge denied the request for a GAL. Those things are all in your favor. Don't focus on the fact that your witness didn't testify. As someone else said the judge obviously didn't NEED the witness testimony.

As for your 13yo babysitting, if there is no law in your state as to babysitting age (and even if there is it doesn't always apply to siblings) then it's up to you to determine his maturity level. I would not allow my 13 yo daughter to babysit children that young. I couldn't trust her patience level. I could however trust my 11 yo daughter to do it. In the final decision the judge may order you not to leave the 13yo alone with the the younger kids (and he may not) but I highly doubt that you're going to lose custody over it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: