Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#2979 - 10/11/04 05:21 PM Can you say KOOK? [Re: lurker]
Rah Offline

Author: Rah (---.mote.org)
Date: 09-24-04 11:47

Author: No•MAD (---.dallas01.ga.comcast.net)
Date: 09-16-04 23:42

We have a problem here. That problem is Eric. Eric is a known KOOK. He cannot stand the thought that Fathers here are gaining custody of their children based on the advice and support of other Fathers at this site(DS). He constantly whores out his web site here and offers no advice to Fathers other than 'see my web site. What's even worse is that he has been banned from several web sites and at one time, made a big deal about leaving THIS web site forever because of the so-called 'feminazi' influence, only to return within a few days to whore out his web site again.

His only goal is self-aggrandizement as evidenced by this quote of his: 'Your "queen bees" can tell you about my television, newspaper, magazines and radio shows that I am not only mentioned but, speaker on...'

He will not visit any forum that is moderated primarily because they won't permit him to whore out his web site and immediately delete his constant rants. He fancies himself a medieval knight slaying feminazi pigs with his 'magical piggie-sword and has a fixation with toilet paper.
Be forewarned and aware of this KOOK and IGNORE HIS POSTS!!
Copy &amp; Paste, Copy &amp; Paste, Copy &amp; Paste! (Actually written by Ben...Followed by NoMAD's addition below)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric Arthur Ericson has been known to take data that he retrieves through his website (and email) to get your personal information. It is imparitive that you DO NOT visit his site or you will risk being threatened when you disagree with anything he says.
Just to give you the idea - He has resorted to calling people's employers with ridiculous accusations in an effort to get them fired.
If you feel you need access to more information than what we provide here, then we can direct you to other places. Just ask.

Complaints can be forwarded to:
the owner of the Firm site (although results are unlikely)

Owner Name: LESSMAN RONALD G &amp; LINDA S
Owner Address: 4124 NE BRIER RD TOPEKA 66616
Property Address: 4124 NE BRIER RD TOPEKA 66616
785-234-3486

-----
thank you for your time, please stay focused and only reply to relevant material on topic.
NoMAD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This statement of fact has been signed sealed and approved by the following: Ben, Rah, LL, JP, Derrick Thomas, Max, No MAD, Captain Jim, Pat and Cindy, Lori, Anon for This, FairNReasonable, Bolivar, Thoughts?, Verdigo998, (Who else?)

(Names will be added per request. More names here = less credibility for Kook. Do your part and make the request.)

Followed by:

Author: Max (135.214.42.---)
Date: 08-25-04 10:39

I'm impressed with waylon's answers. He seems to be a reasonable person, and his comments are fair and balanced. Unlike Eric, Waylon makes no personal attacks, just points out what he thinks is wrong with Eric and FIRM. I couldn't find anything he's said that I didn't agree with.

------------------------------------------------------------

Author: Max (---.attws.com)
Date: 08-24-04 16:57

I wrote [email protected] and "Waylon" answered.. As he asked, this is his response in its entirety with no changes.

------------------------------------------------------------

Please forward this to Waylon if this isn't the right address.

Waylon,

I'm trying to find out where you and/or Sparc stand in relation to the
person known to you as "Eric" from the group "FIRM". Eric has made some
claims that I would like to verify. Would you mind answering these questions?
Thank you for your time.

1) Eric said this the other day, specifically with reference to you:

"We are MOSTLY on the same plane (geometry term, for you ignoramous') with
very few, but major, differences."

Is what Eric said true?

If I understand this correctly, I would have to disagree. I don't think I could say that we have only a "few" differences. I would agree that our differences are "major".

2) Do you support Eric's methods, goals, or ideals? What do you support?

I don't support some of the methods that FIRM uses. I do believe some of our goals are similar, in so far as we are both working towards equal treatment for fathers. But that's about it as far as I can tell.

As for "ideals", I do not support many of the things he appears to. I do not support sexism or discrimination against gays and lesbians and I don't believe in quoting bible verses to "prove" that it's okay. (I don't believe in quoting bible verses for any reason, frankly.) Unfortunately, based on what I've seen and read, Eric/FIRM seems to have some real issues with gays and lesbians.

I don't support calling people 'feminazi pigs'. In my opinion it's neither constructive or productive. I also don't believe it portrays father advocates in a good light. I would like to think we're better than that.

I also don't believe that touting a $20 certificate from the Universal Life Church is a credible way to gain support, nor do I think it means that you're really a 'Reverend' or whatever, regardless of what's printed on that piece of paper. From my perspective it totally destroys any credibility a person may have had. (The diploma from the Universal Life Church is referred to as a "Con Man Certificate" in many circles.)

To be specific, I support parental rights regardless of gender. I support father's rights, but not to the exclusion of mothers. I support equality. I support joint custody wherever practical. I believe strongly in the value of having two involved parents in a child's life. That's what I (and SPARC) believe in; and that's what we support.

Some of FIRM's affiliates or partners seem to be on the 'extreme' side, which I think works against FIRM's message. I've seen comments about 'repealing the right of women to vote', often based on religious or biblical 'arguments'. I've seen comments denigrating gays and lesbians, as well as comments where Eric has called people 'homosexual' for having a difference of opinion with him. These are people that Eric supports and willingly affiliates his group with. I believe that these kinds of comments or partners make it nearly impossible for most people to take FIRM or Eric seriously.

I don't believe Eric will ever achieve mainstream acceptance by presenting himself and FIRM this way. And I think mainstream acceptance is critical for us as fathers to get our message across and to influence the courts and society as a whole. Billing one's self as a "hater and slayer of feminazi pigs" is unlikely to get you understanding or acceptance from the people that you want (need) to influence. It just won't.

For the record, I do not support this kind of thinking in any way, shape, or form. It's my opinion that this sort of thing (as well as comments about "piglets" and "anti-feminazi swords") have no place in the fight for equality for fathers or for parents in general. The same goes for comments about "slaying" feminazis. I'm sorry, I just don't think it's appropriate or effective.

In spite of repeated denials, it seems to me that FIRM/Eric has a distinctly 'anti-woman' tone. In contrast, neither I nor SPARC consider women to be the "enemy". In my opinion, women have been the most effective supporters of father's rights, and most of the visitors to SPARC are women. Alienating them or telling them to be 'subservient to men' based on bible verses is offensive and makes no sense at all to me.

For what it's worth, I think I've said all this several times before, includng in private emails to Eric.

3) Are you familiar with Eric? How well do you know him?

I've never met Eric or spoken with him. He and I have exchanged a couple of emails, and I've looked at the FIRM web site a few times. I've seen posts by him and to him on various message boards. That's about it.

4) Would you mind giving me your personal opinion of Eric?

I'd rather not. The last I heard, Eric told me that he'd stopped referring people to the SPARC site (I'm not sure why) and he said that he was my "enemy for life" or something to that effect. I don't remember the exact words but I believe that was the essence of it. I haven't corresponded with him since then.

To be frank, I don't usually concern myself with what other people think of me or SPARC. All I've tried to do is make SPARC into a useful resource for parents involved in divorce and custody issues. I'm not interested in popularity contests or blowing SPARC's horn. All I want to do is help parents remain connected with their children. That's really, truly what SPARC is all about.

5) Is Eric talking all the time with people like Stephen Baskerville, Cathy Young, and other leaders in the fathers rights movement, as he claims to be? He says he talks with them all the time.
I have no idea who Eric does or doesn't speak to or how often.
For what it's worth, I think in some ways Eric is trying to do the right thing. But trying to do the right in thing in the wrong way is often worse than doing nothing. That's just my opinion and I'm nobody special, so don't carve that on the side of a mountain or anything. :)

My whole Board Of Directors cringes when we think of mainstream news organizations or hostile groups like NOW finding and using some of the things that are out there that are attributed to Eric or FIRM. They'll use it to "prove" every horrible thing that they like to say about father advocates and father's rights supporters. Do you want the world's "view" of father advocates to be based on what Eric or FIRM does or says? Personally, I don't.

6) Is Eric or FIRM affiliated with you or SPARC?

No.

7) May I publish your reply?

Yes, as long as it is published in its entirety with no edits or alterations. I would appreciate your telling me where you intend to post or publish it. I apologize for rambling, it's been a long day for me and I'm a bit worn out right now, but I hope I've answered your questions.

#2980 - 10/11/04 05:52 PM Re: Can you say KOOK? [Re: Rah]
Shanie Offline
journeyman

Loc: KC
Awesome...it speaks volumes.

#2981 - 10/12/04 12:23 AM LOL I gots me one of them thar ULC certs too... [Re: Rah]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Loc: West Virginia
Mebee I should goes and marry me up some varmits?

#2982 - 10/12/04 12:24 AM Helllllllllllllll no!.. [Re: lurker]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

Eric's just a nuisance and a troll. The admin bans him from here and other boards and he comes back using an anon. proxy.

#2983 - 10/12/04 12:29 AM Then again... [Re: almostheaven]
Eric Offline
old hand

Loc: USA
We have those that lie about others to make themselves feel better...

Rah pooh? Almost hell? Feel better about yourselves?

I hope so...

Goood luck,

Eric

www.FIRMncp.com

#2984 - 10/12/04 01:53 AM Re: Then again... [Re: Eric]
Shanie Offline
journeyman

Loc: KC
What is Rah pooh?

And could you give me his alias's as well, so I might avoid him at all costs?

Thanks for the heads up!

#2985 - 10/12/04 01:43 PM There's only one! [Re: Shanie]
Rah Offline

And I am he. Rah, the all knowing, all seeing, god of the sun. I shine on roaches and they scurry. This one, however, has been difficult, as he is wiley and lives deep in the cave of his own twisted mind. I've never used any other handle and General Kook knows it. PM me anytime Shanie and others I'll tell ya the real deal with General Kook and the Leigion of Loons AKA FIRM.

Rah

I calls 'em like I sees 'em!

#2986 - 10/13/04 12:01 AM You shouldn't speak badly about yourself (eom) [Re: Eric]
almostheaven Offline
Carpal \'Tunnel

#2987 - 10/13/04 02:27 AM Re: A Biblical Response to the Feminist Agenda [Re: lurker]
Diane67 Offline
enthusiast

Loc: California
Eric is a pimple on the butt of this forum. Ignore his dribble and try not to get sucked in to replying.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: