Start Your Divorce Today - Premium Divorce Online

Topic Options
#366675 - 03/18/08 02:44 AM Dropping Insurance
aloneforever1993 Offline
recently joined

My husband and I have filed for divorce. I have some medical problems that mean insurance is a must. a big must. The papers we signed stated that neither of us could drop the other from any medical insurance. Yet he has dropped me. My lawyer seems to be too "busy" to do anything about it. I don't know what my chance for resolution is. I have tried asking if he would please at least make sure I was on it until the divorce is final (we are also in the middle of bankruptcy, as if it couldn't be worse) which may be about four months. Along with some very foul mouthed words he said no. I don't know how much to bug the lawyer whom I have already dropped $1000 on before it makes them too mad to help. do you have any advice?

#366676 - 10/14/09 05:31 PM Re: Dropping Insurance [Re: aloneforever1993]
pokey Offline

Pooh-Bah

I'm going through a Divorce myself right. My wife wanted me to keep her and her son on mine (BCBS). I checked and the insurance will be dropped 30 days after the judge signs the papers.

#366677 - 06/09/10 08:45 PM Re: Dropping Insurance [Re: pokey]
Scarletts Offline

recently joined

Yes, if your attorny filed a temperary order ( which we usally do when we file the 1st set of papers) then that order should have stated that you can NOTTTTT change medical, life, auto, bank....any information. You cant close any accounts and so on. It is pretty much like putting a freeze on everything

#366678 - 09/20/10 05:23 PM Re: Dropping Insurance [Re: Scarletts]
nightmare Offline

recently joined

He shouldn't have been able to drop you and you can probably contact the insurance company and show them the documents and see if they will reinstate you. I would definitly go to the lawyers office if he wont call you back.. otherwise seek new legal counsel immediatley if you are not satisfied with your attorney.

Moderator:  dsAdmin 

Resources & Tools
Start Your Divorce Online Start Your Divorce
Several Options to Get Started Today.
Divorce Tools Online Divorce Tools
Keeping it Simple to Get the Job Done.
Divorce Downloads Download Center
Instantly Download Books, Guides & Forms.
Divorce and Custody Books Discount Books
Over 100 of the Best Divorce & Custody Books.
Negotiate Online Negotiate Online
Settle your Divorce and Save.
Custody and Support Tracking Custody Scheduling
Make Sure You Document Everything.

Easily Connect With a Lawyer or Mediator
Have Divorce Professionals from Your Area Contact You!
Enter Your Zip Code: